Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 307 of 548 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357407 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 8217
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    When you only look at one side of the ledger sure. But when you look at both sides it’s not as clear cut. you realize that area was already growing economically. So they didn’t lose 20,000 jobs they did not get 20,000 Amazon jobs. I am sure the area added jobs that would not have existed if Amazon did move in. you also should consider who would get those jobs and how that would effect the existing residents. You know the people that voted for her. In addition you need to consider the cost of getting Amazon to agree to come. Should NYC be giving out these kinds of breaks to attract business when their economy is doing really well. Finally we have the effects on the areas culture and infrastructure.

Personally I don’t think you or me are qualified to question someone who at under 30 years of age became a Congress women and has had significant impact on the Democratic Party platform. Lets leave it to the experts ok?
    Excellent points.

LIC has been growing economically for about 5-10 years now. When you past there their is construction everywhere from hotels to other things. They did not get 20 k Amazon jobs, but where they were going to build the plant something else will be build there.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I think the problem here is that Sluggo thinks that the most important thing on this earth is jobs. No wonder he's OK with people dying to open the economy back up. Dying is bad, but not nearly as bad as losing jobs.
    He will attack this women for any or no reason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Your silly argument that she won by a few thousand votes it’s that of FOX and right wing outlets, but she beat one of the bigger ranking house members who had been there for years regardless of turn out most of these guys get re-elected because they go unopposed.

So that argument is so ****ing silly because in the end she won by some 80k votes.
    You don't do well with numbers do you???

She won a priary by about 4,000 votes. Nothing in politics. Cheeseburger Abrams was arguing over 50,000 votes when she lost.

87% of her district did not vote at all. 87% So this kid squeaked by in an election where the vast majority did not vote. Not really that impressive.

Let's get to some bottom lines here…

Did she win the election…absolutely
    Did she win the primary…absolutely
    Did she win fur & square…absolutely
    Did she deserve to win…absolutely
    Was there any shenanigans along the way…absolutely not
    Was there any implications of impropriety…absolutely not

So she has done nothing wrong.

In my opinion, she is just not a very good congresswoman. She has done nothing and has cost jobs. A lot of jobs You can slice and die this any which way you want but she has done nothing and has cost jobs.

I think the problem here is that Sluggo thinks that the most important thing on this earth is jobs. No wonder he's OK with people dying to open the economy back up. Dying is bad, but not nearly as bad as losing jobs.
    Where did I say this?

No. I am commenting that she is a poor congressional and not all that bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Excellent points.

LIC has been growing economically for about 5-10 years now. When you past there their is construction everywhere from hotels to other things. They did not get 20 k Amazon jobs, but where they were going to build the plant something else will be build there.
    No matter how good you are doing…it is 20,000 jobs.

If the area is booming and you add 20,000 jobs everyone's income goes up.

She defeated another Democratic candidate for her nomination. That candidate had represented the district for 10 years, was on the New York State Assembly for 12 years before that, and was the Chair of the House Democratic Caucus.

It was one of the biggest upsets in modern US political history.

Or put it this way, if what she did was so easy, why have so few people done it?
    And something like this seems to happen every election cycle

And to answer your last question…no many people voted.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/28/most-v...io-cortez-win/

But she won fair and square.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Wait. You said she caused Amazon to renege on its plan.

A little footloose and fancy free with your wording, eh?
    The district that would have had Amazon come in was actually outside of her district. But anything to attack Alexandria...
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    No matter how good you are doing…it is 20,000 jobs.

If the area is booming and you add 20,000 jobs everyone's income goes up.
    You may disagree with her. She is obviously not dim, the fact that she worked as a bartender is not a reason criticize anyone, she is extremely accomplished for someone her age etc. you are incapable of any rational discussion when it comes to her

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

And something like this seems to happen every election cycle

And to answer your last question…no many people voted.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/28/most-v...io-cortez-win/

But she won fair and square.
    Name them.

No. I am commenting that she is a poor congressional and not all that bright.
    No, you were commenting that she hasn't accomplished anything and that her win was not impressive. Those criticisms are from before she was a congressional.

Honestly, you criticize her for anything and everything. Literally everything.

What's ironic about his criticisms of how little she's done. I'd bet she is much more likely to open and run a successful business than he is to run and win a congressional seat.

But;……again………you haven't told me what her accomplishments are.

She was chosen by her fellow citizens to be their voice and represent them in congress.

You accomplished this, mr congressman?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

You may disagree with her. She is obviously not dim, the fact that she worked as a bartender is not a reason criticize anyone, she is extremely accomplished for someone her age etc. you are incapable of any rational discussion when it comes to her

Accomplished at what??? As I pointed out numerous times…she was a college graduate with a degree in economics living in the financial capital of the world and, apparently, could nt get a job in her field.

Now you, of course, come back with "maybe she just wanted to be a bartender," or ""she probably made more money as a bartender." So you can save those comments.

What's ironic about his criticisms of how little she's done. I'd bet she is much more likely to open and run a successful business than he is to run and win a congressional seat.
    I'd be willing to take that bet…but we'll never know. You can be stupid and be elected. That''s been proven over and over again. (Queue your next comments: "well Trump has certainly proven that." So you can save that one.)

Almost impossible to rise in the corporate world f you are stupid. Very hard to succeed in private enterprise while being stupid.

You know nothing about what you are talking about.