Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 307 of 548 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357407 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 8217
  1. #4591
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    108,753
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    When you only look at one side of the ledger sure. But when you look at both sides it’s not as clear cut. you realize that area was already growing economically. So they didn’t lose 20,000 jobs they did not get 20,000 Amazon jobs. I am sure the area added jobs that would not have existed if Amazon did move in. you also should consider who would get those jobs and how that would effect the existing residents. You know the people that voted for her. In addition you need to consider the cost of getting Amazon to agree to come. Should NYC be giving out these kinds of breaks to attract business when their economy is doing really well. Finally we have the effects on the areas culture and infrastructure.

    Personally I don’t think you or me are qualified to question someone who at under 30 years of age became a Congress women and has had significant impact on the Democratic Party platform. Lets leave it to the experts ok?
    Excellent points.

    LIC has been growing economically for about 5-10 years now. When you past there their is construction everywhere from hotels to other things. They did not get 20 k Amazon jobs, but where they were going to build the plant something else will be build there.

  2. #4592
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    62,846

    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I think the problem here is that Sluggo thinks that the most important thing on this earth is jobs. No wonder he's OK with people dying to open the economy back up. Dying is bad, but not nearly as bad as losing jobs.
    He will attack this women for any or no reason


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #4593
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Your silly argument that she won by a few thousand votes it’s that of FOX and right wing outlets, but she beat one of the bigger ranking house members who had been there for years regardless of turn out most of these guys get re-elected because they go unopposed.

    So that argument is so ****ing silly because in the end she won by some 80k votes.
    You don't do well with numbers do you???

    She won a priary by about 4,000 votes. Nothing in politics. Cheeseburger Abrams was arguing over 50,000 votes when she lost.

    87% of her district did not vote at all. 87% So this kid squeaked by in an election where the vast majority did not vote. Not really that impressive.

    Let's get to some bottom lines here…

    Did she win the election…absolutely
    Did she win the primary…absolutely
    Did she win fur & square…absolutely
    Did she deserve to win…absolutely
    Was there any shenanigans along the way…absolutely not
    Was there any implications of impropriety…absolutely not

    So she has done nothing wrong.

    In my opinion, she is just not a very good congresswoman. She has done nothing and has cost jobs. A lot of jobs You can slice and die this any which way you want but she has done nothing and has cost jobs.

  4. #4594
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I think the problem here is that Sluggo thinks that the most important thing on this earth is jobs. No wonder he's OK with people dying to open the economy back up. Dying is bad, but not nearly as bad as losing jobs.
    Where did I say this?

  5. #4595
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He will attack this women for any or no reason


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No. I am commenting that she is a poor congressional and not all that bright.

  6. #4596
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Excellent points.

    LIC has been growing economically for about 5-10 years now. When you past there their is construction everywhere from hotels to other things. They did not get 20 k Amazon jobs, but where they were going to build the plant something else will be build there.
    No matter how good you are doing…it is 20,000 jobs.

    If the area is booming and you add 20,000 jobs everyone's income goes up.

  7. #4597
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    She defeated another Democratic candidate for her nomination. That candidate had represented the district for 10 years, was on the New York State Assembly for 12 years before that, and was the Chair of the House Democratic Caucus.

    It was one of the biggest upsets in modern US political history.

    Or put it this way, if what she did was so easy, why have so few people done it?
    And something like this seems to happen every election cycle

    And to answer your last question…no many people voted.

    https://nypost.com/2018/06/28/most-v...io-cortez-win/

    But she won fair and square.

  8. #4598
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Wait. You said she caused Amazon to renege on its plan.

    A little footloose and fancy free with your wording, eh?
    The district that would have had Amazon come in was actually outside of her district. But anything to attack Alexandria...
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  9. #4599
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    62,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    No matter how good you are doing…it is 20,000 jobs.

    If the area is booming and you add 20,000 jobs everyone's income goes up.
    You may disagree with her. She is obviously not dim, the fact that she worked as a bartender is not a reason criticize anyone, she is extremely accomplished for someone her age etc. you are incapable of any rational discussion when it comes to her


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  10. #4600
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    And something like this seems to happen every election cycle

    And to answer your last question…no many people voted.

    https://nypost.com/2018/06/28/most-v...io-cortez-win/

    But she won fair and square.
    Name them.

  11. #4601
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    No. I am commenting that she is a poor congressional and not all that bright.
    No, you were commenting that she hasn't accomplished anything and that her win was not impressive. Those criticisms are from before she was a congressional.

    Honestly, you criticize her for anything and everything. Literally everything.

  12. #4602
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,784
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He will attack this women for any or no reason
    What's ironic about his criticisms of how little she's done. I'd bet she is much more likely to open and run a successful business than he is to run and win a congressional seat.

  13. #4603
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    But;……again………you haven't told me what her accomplishments are.

    .
    She was chosen by her fellow citizens to be their voice and represent them in congress.

    You accomplished this, mr congressman?

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  14. #4604
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You may disagree with her. She is obviously not dim, the fact that she worked as a bartender is not a reason criticize anyone, she is extremely accomplished for someone her age etc. you are incapable of any rational discussion when it comes to her


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Accomplished at what??? As I pointed out numerous times…she was a college graduate with a degree in economics living in the financial capital of the world and, apparently, could nt get a job in her field.

    Now you, of course, come back with "maybe she just wanted to be a bartender," or ""she probably made more money as a bartender." So you can save those comments.

  15. #4605
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    What's ironic about his criticisms of how little she's done. I'd bet she is much more likely to open and run a successful business than he is to run and win a congressional seat.
    I'd be willing to take that bet…but we'll never know. You can be stupid and be elected. That''s been proven over and over again. (Queue your next comments: "well Trump has certainly proven that." So you can save that one.)

    Almost impossible to rise in the corporate world f you are stupid. Very hard to succeed in private enterprise while being stupid.

    You know nothing about what you are talking about.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •