Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 306 of 548 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356406 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 8217
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Also the districtís economy was already growing. A lot of jobs were being created there. Less jobs and jobs that pay less but jobs the people who voted for AOC could actually benefit from. They werenít going to get the 6 figure jobs Amazon was going to create and could have been priced out of there own neighborhood. For someone that runs on Main Street over Wall Street it completely made sense for AOC to have issues with Amazon moving into her district

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is no way that costing 20,000 jobs suc as these can make any sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This just makes his burn even better. She's still accomplished twice as much as you, so if she hasn't accomplished all that much, how little have you accomplished?
    She has accomplished quite a lot, but you know the haters will diminish anything she does, but thatís why they are haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    But;ÖÖagainÖÖÖyou haven't told me what her accomplishments are.

Is it just getting elected by a few thousand votes??? Is that it??? That's not all that impressive.
    Are you taking about the primary of the actual election because if your talking about the election she won that district by getting 78% of the vote, thatís not a few thousand. She got over 110k votes of the 142k votes placed.

But Iíll understand if you donít know that because well.....

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Also the districtís economy was already growing. A lot of jobs were being created there. Less jobs and jobs that pay less but jobs the people who voted for AOC could actually benefit from. They werenít going to get the 6 figure jobs Amazon was going to create and could have been priced out of there own neighborhood. For someone that runs on Main Street over Wall Street it completely made sense for AOC to have issues with Amazon moving into her district

Again was not her district but a neighborhood next to one of hers. LIC is next to Astoria and not far from Elmhurst and Corona.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    GasMan did a fantastic job summarizing why Amazon was a bad idea.

NYers are tired of these big *** multi million dollar real estate/corporations coming in and subsequently driving the price up. I could go on a while tangent about gentrification but thereís really no point.
    Letís not forget that the 7 train is the most congested line in the MTA and imagined the **** show it would have been after they build it?

Again thatís why people who lived there or near there were against it. Not only it would of made transportation insane, but they did not want to start paying Manhattan type rent for apartments in that area as they have seen what Brooklyn has become where some parts you pay Manhattan type prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Again was not her district but a neighborhood next to one of hers. LIC is next to Astoria and not far from Elmhurst and Corona.
    Thanks. Sorry about that. I do think the concerns would be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Are you taking about the primary of the actual election because if your talking about the election she won that district by getting 78% of the vote, thatís not a few thousand. She got over 110k votes of the 142k votes placed.

Give me a break here will you.

She won the primary by a small amount in a low turnout (as most primaries are).

She then became the legitimate democratic candidate. This is a point I never argued.

As the democratic candidate from that district, she was in a no lose situation. The democratic party leader (the ice cream lady) described her district as one that would elect a "glass of water if it was a democrat."

So, in essence, she won her seat based on a small majority of a very small turnout of her constituents.

She then became the legitimate democratic candidate. This is a point I never argued.

As the democratic candidate from that district, she was in a no lose situation. The democratic party leader (the ice cream lady) described her district as one that would elect a "glass of water if it was a democrat."

So, in essence, she won her seat based on a small majority of a very small turnout of her constituents.

She defeated another Democratic candidate for her nomination. That candidate had represented the district for 10 years, was on the New York State Assembly for 12 years before that, and was the Chair of the House Democratic Caucus.

It was one of the biggest upsets in modern US political history.

Or put it this way, if what she did was so easy, why have so few people done it?

Letís not forget that the 7 train is the most congested line in the MTA and imagined the **** show it would have been after they build it?

Again thatís why people who lived there or near there were against it. Not only it would of made transportation insane, but they did not want to start paying Manhattan type rent for apartments in that area as they have seen what Brooklyn has become where some parts you pay Manhattan type prices.
    Is that the same 7 train that serviced the Worlds Fair and the new baseball stadium back in the day when certainly more than 20,000 people travelled on that line every day. I don't remember hearing any complaints back then.

Throwing the crowded #7 train out as a reason for killing this project is just silly.

This kid was instrumental in losing 20,000 jobs in NY. Trying to justify this is absurd.

If your OK with that, that's fine. I look forward to the day when people wake up and vote her out (although that never happened to Wacky Maxine. Go Figure.) She can then have someone write a book and put her name on it and slide right into a permanent seat on "The View." She'll never suffer for $$$$>

I think the problem here is that Sluggo thinks that the most important thing on this earth is jobs. No wonder he's OK with people dying to open the economy back up. Dying is bad, but not nearly as bad as losing jobs.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

There is no way that costing 20,000 jobs suc as these can make any sense at all.
    When you only look at one side of the ledger sure. But when you look at both sides itís not as clear cut. you realize that area was already growing economically. So they didnít lose 20,000 jobs they did not get 20,000 Amazon jobs. I am sure the area added jobs that would not have existed if Amazon did move in. you also should consider who would get those jobs and how that would effect the existing residents. You know the people that voted for her. In addition you need to consider the cost of getting Amazon to agree to come. Should NYC be giving out these kinds of breaks to attract business when their economy is doing really well. Finally we have the effects on the areas culture and infrastructure.

Personally I donít think you or me are qualified to question someone who at under 30 years of age became a Congress women and has had significant impact on the Democratic Party platform. Lets leave it to the experts ok?
    Last edited by ewing; 04-21-2020 at 03:20 PM.

But;ÖÖagainÖÖÖyou haven't told me what her accomplishments are.

Is it just getting elected by a few thousand votes??? Is that it??? That's not all that impressive.
    Top it

This kid was instrumental in losing 20,000 jobs in NY. Trying to justify this is absurd.
    Wait. You said she caused Amazon to renege on its plan.

A little footloose and fancy free with your wording, eh?

Your silly argument that she won by a few thousand votes itís that of FOX and right wing outlets, but she beat one of the bigger ranking house members who had been there for years regardless of turn out most of these guys get re-elected because they go unopposed.

So that argument is so ****ing silly because in the end she won by some 80k votes.

Is that the same 7 train that serviced the Worlds Fair and the new baseball stadium back in the day when certainly more than 20,000 people travelled on that line every day. I don't remember hearing any complaints back then.

Throwing the crowded #7 train out as a reason for killing this project is just silly.

If your OK with that, that's fine. I look forward to the day when people wake up and vote her out (although that never happened to Wacky Maxine. Go Figure.) She can then have someone write a book and put her name on it and slide right into a permanent seat on "The View." She'll never suffer for $$$$>
    Lmao the world fair? Give me a ****ing break that **** was eons ago.

Now that 7 train is insane with ridership and again she had very little in say on what happened. Also LIC has other companies coming and building there because itís one of the most sought after locations for building right now. They will be alright.