Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 298 of 299 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299 LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 4481
  1. #4456
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,208
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Healthcare for all, raising minimum wage etc that would help those in need are not policies that are tried in part to keep things the way they are


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's it. Healthcare for all and raide minimum wage? Do that and you'll be happy?

    Let's take a look……

    Lizzie is talking $32 trillion (that's with a "T", Tango) for healthcare for all. And many say that's at the low end. Before we go any further, try to step back and think about how much $32 trillion is (that's with a "T", Tango) is. It's an unimaginable number. It is unrealistic, it will never happen and Lizzie knows it. So you are being misled here.

    Obama tried his plan and it pretty much did not work like he "promised."

    That's your first point.

    Second point…raise minimum wage. OK…let's say $15 minimum for the hamburger flippers, pizza delivery guys. About 20% of them will be out of jobs immediately and your burgers and pizzas will cost more. You OK with that.

    Now the real problem…after a few years of $15 minimum wage for the hamburger flippers, pizza delivery guys, most of them still will not make it. What now, go to $20. One of the Dems has already proposed a $20 min wage. (Can't remember who.)

    And your last phrase…"policies that are tried in part to keep things the way they are"…are you implying that there are people out there conspiring to intentionally keep the poor down (maybe one of Crovash's legendary "cabals")? Is that what you are saying? Because if that is so, no matter what programs are thrown against the wall for the alleged underclass, it will never be enough for people like you. There will always be something else that needs to be done for them.

  2. #4457
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Nope. Just one.
    So I guess you are speaking for yourself.

  3. #4458
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    That's it. Healthcare for all and raide minimum wage? Do that and you'll be happy?

    Let's take a look……

    Lizzie is talking $32 trillion (that's with a "T", Tango) for healthcare for all. And many say that's at the low end. Before we go any further, try to step back and think about how much $32 trillion is (that's with a "T", Tango) is. It's an unimaginable number. It is unrealistic, it will never happen and Lizzie knows it. So you are being misled here.

    Obama tried his plan and it pretty much did not work like he "promised."

    That's your first point.

    Second point…raise minimum wage. OK…let's say $15 minimum for the hamburger flippers, pizza delivery guys. About 20% of them will be out of jobs immediately and your burgers and pizzas will cost more. You OK with that.

    Now the real problem…after a few years of $15 minimum wage for the hamburger flippers, pizza delivery guys, most of them still will not make it. What now, go to $20. One of the Dems has already proposed a $20 min wage. (Can't remember who.)

    And your last phrase…"policies that are tried in part to keep things the way they are"…are you implying that there are people out there conspiring to intentionally keep the poor down (maybe one of Crovash's legendary "cabals")? Is that what you are saying? Because if that is so, no matter what programs are thrown against the wall for the alleged underclass, it will never be enough for people like you. There will always be something else that needs to be done for them.
    https://www.ajmc.com/newsroom/federa...e-for-all-plan

    As a result, under Medicare for All, total health spending in 2031 would come to approximately $303 billion lower than what is currently projected. The country’s overall national health expenditures would be $2 trillion lower from 2022 to 2031, according to the Mercatus model.

    This has been pointed out before Sluggo but overall we are spending roughly 3.5 trillion per year already and in this it says the estimated costs yearly would be more like 2.5-3 mil per year. So while yes the cost for healthcare will be great, it will overall be less than we are currently paying now. I want you to think about that for a second as you are being mislead here. It isn't an unimaginable number it is a number that is lower than we are projected to be paying as a country currently you just weren't aware (or maybe capable of imaging?) of the reality of said costs currently.

    Second point is random made up numbers but there is plenty of evidence out there on that and I have shared it as well in other threads. I don't really care if people working every day are getting $15 per hour and if necessary due to inflation etc. eventually sure $20 might make sense in the future. Pizza delivery, burger flippers etc. deserve a decent wage to help provide for a family too imo. I do agree that job loss is a concern here though but I would be alright with ensuring safety nets for those unemployed so for me it is less of an issue (my guess is you would be against this).

    I am saying that currently certain people/groups are benefiting from said system and putting a lot of energy/money to keep the system as is or minimal changes that won't actually make much difference (or worse and are harmful etc), correct. I am not saying the intention is necessarily to keep the poor down but it is one of the effects we have seen in said system over time as wage gap rises etc.

    That wouldn't be all but it's a couple examples to throw out quick at work on my phone. Changing the tax structure both for individuals (raising taxes on high income while potentially lowering the bottom level, close loopholes as well) and corporations (this one is a bit more complex imo but closing certain loopholes, paying for damage to the environment and so on all come into play while not wanting the tax rate to be too high as we do want to encourage business still). Reducing military is an obvious one to help as well. There are tons of changes that could be made to help people/provide more $ towards people in need instead of adding to military budget etc. but again a lot of it is left policy related which is a problem to many.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 11-13-2019 at 11:01 PM.

  4. #4459
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    91,260
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    https://www.ajmc.com/newsroom/federa...e-for-all-plan

    As a result, under Medicare for All, total health spending in 2031 would come to approximately $303 billion lower than what is currently projected. The country’s overall national health expenditures would be $2 trillion lower from 2022 to 2031, according to the Mercatus model.

    This has been pointed out before Sluggo but overall we are spending roughly 3.5 trillion per year already and in this it says the estimated costs yearly would be more like 2.5-3 mil per year. So while yes the cost for healthcare will be great, it will overall be less than we are currently paying now. I want you to think about that for a second as you are being mislead here. It isn't an unimaginable number it is a number that is lower than we are projected to be paying as a country currently you just weren't aware (or maybe capable of imaging?) of the reality of said costs currently.

    Second point is random made up numbers but there is plenty of evidence out there on that and I have shared it as well in other threads. I don't really care if people working every day are getting $15 per hour and if necessary due to inflation etc. eventually sure $20 might make sense in the future. Pizza delivery, burger flippers etc. deserve a decent wage to help provide for a family too imo. I do agree that job loss is a concern here though but I would be alright with ensuring safety nets for those unemployed so for me it is less of an issue (my guess is you would be against this).

    I am saying that currently certain people/groups are benefiting from said system and putting a lot of energy/money to keep the system as is or minimal changes that won't actually make much difference (or worse and are harmful etc), correct. I am not saying the intention is necessarily to keep the poor down but it is one of the effects we have seen in said system over time as wage gap rises etc.

    That wouldn't be all but it's a couple examples to throw out quick at work on my phone. Changing the tax structure both for individuals (raising taxes on high income while potentially lowering the bottom level, close loopholes as well) and corporations (this one is a bit more complex imo but closing certain loopholes, paying for damage to the environment and so on all come into play while not wanting the tax rate to be too high as we do want to encourage business still). Reducing military is an obvious one to help as well. There are tons of changes that could be made to help people/provide more $ towards people in need instead of adding to military budget etc. but again a lot of it is left policy related which is a problem to many.
    They made the same push against Obamacare by saying that it would drastically increase medical spending and then of course it actually reduced it.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  5. #4460
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    14,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    See the post above this one.
    Let's say you thought that the nationals would win game 7 because an alien was going to come down from the sky and obliterate the astros for cultural appropriation? Would you be right about the world series?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  6. #4461
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,208
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Let's say you thought that the nationals would win game 7 because an alien was going to come down from the sky and obliterate the astros for cultural appropriation? Would you be right about the world series?
    I have no idea what any of this means and, I suspect, that makes two of us.

  7. #4462
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,208
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    https://www.ajmc.com/newsroom/federa...e-for-all-plan

    As a result, under Medicare for All, total health spending in 2031 would come to approximately $303 billion lower than what is currently projected. The country’s overall national health expenditures would be $2 trillion lower from 2022 to 2031, according to the Mercatus model.

    This has been pointed out before Sluggo but overall we are spending roughly 3.5 trillion per year already and in this it says the estimated costs yearly would be more like 2.5-3 mil per year. So while yes the cost for healthcare will be great, it will overall be less than we are currently paying now. I want you to think about that for a second as you are being mislead here. It isn't an unimaginable number it is a number that is lower than we are projected to be paying as a country currently you just weren't aware (or maybe capable of imaging?) of the reality of said costs currently.

    Second point is random made up numbers but there is plenty of evidence out there on that and I have shared it as well in other threads. I don't really care if people working every day are getting $15 per hour and if necessary due to inflation etc. eventually sure $20 might make sense in the future. Pizza delivery, burger flippers etc. deserve a decent wage to help provide for a family too imo. I do agree that job loss is a concern here though but I would be alright with ensuring safety nets for those unemployed so for me it is less of an issue (my guess is you would be against this).

    I am saying that currently certain people/groups are benefiting from said system and putting a lot of energy/money to keep the system as is or minimal changes that won't actually make much difference (or worse and are harmful etc), correct. I am not saying the intention is necessarily to keep the poor down but it is one of the effects we have seen in said system over time as wage gap rises etc.

    That wouldn't be all but it's a couple examples to throw out quick at work on my phone. Changing the tax structure both for individuals (raising taxes on high income while potentially lowering the bottom level, close loopholes as well) and corporations (this one is a bit more complex imo but closing certain loopholes, paying for damage to the environment and so on all come into play while not wanting the tax rate to be too high as we do want to encourage business still). Reducing military is an obvious one to help as well. There are tons of changes that could be made to help people/provide more $ towards people in need instead of adding to military budget etc. but again a lot of it is left policy related which is a problem to many.
    All these studies leave off several points.

    Once there is universal healthcare, people will be going to the doctor/emergency rooms/clinics for everything. Very quickly, "tummy aches" that were once treated at home with chicken soup will become $300 (or more) services rendered by "professionals." You will start to see scraped knees requiring a $25 bandaids plus $100 tetanus shots and Bactine sprayed on by qualified professionals with a Rx (that's a prescription) for something on the way out the door.

    Bottom line…as soon as someone else is paying for something, feel free to run up the bill. (One of the reasons college tuition is so high is that the government makes studen loans available pretty much on demand. Schools can charge whatever they want and the loan gets dumped onto the students. The schools always get their money.

    Another crazy little fact that will pop up is that far mor doctors will leave the profession than will be entering the profession. Too many headaches, pay will drop, patients will increase, far more stress. If you don't believe this, talk to some doctors.

    RE: Minimum wage. The higher it gets, the more unemployment you will see. It is basic economics (not to mention common sense…a factor you're not supposed to use for some reason.) People will be laid off, people who leave will not be replaced and jobs will be automated out of existence.

    I was in the Minneapolis airport in early June. Restaurant I was in has 30 tables (I counted) and one waitress. Every table had a gizmo…order what you want (pictures and all) eventually she delivers what you order and you pay on the gizmo. No conversation needed. This is what will happen more and more as you raise minimum wage. Fast food places already have it to a lesser degree and you will see more of it.

    When it comes to raising prices to your customer (income) or raising salaries to your employees (expense) the employees lose…every time. Usually it will be a slight increase in price paired with a large reduction in staff. It's that common sense thingy that we are not supposed to consider.

  8. #4463
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    73,028
    It's well established, and even common sense, that preventative medicine saves everyone massive amounts of money in the long run.

    If you go into the doctor because you have a "tummy ache", and because it won't cost you anything additional, and it turns out you have stage 1 cancer...that's good. The alternative is not going because you worry about the cost and you wait and then you have stage 4 cancer. Then everyone suffers. You WANT people going to the doctor. It's a good thing if people don't have to worry about it.

    But feel free to provide anything scholarly to back up your point.

    Also, feel free to provide anything scholarly that suggests universal healthcare will lead to doctors getting paid less. The problem people have is not that doctor's make to much, it's the insurance companies. No one who supports single payer wants doctors being paid less. It also sounds like our current system and insurance practices aren't already an absolute headache for EVERYONE involved One of the beauties of single payer is it simplifies and streamlines everything.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

  9. #4464
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,208
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    It's well established, and even common sense, that preventative medicine saves everyone massive amounts of money in the long run.

    If you go into the doctor because you have a "tummy ache", and because it won't cost you anything additional, and it turns out you have stage 1 cancer...that's good. The alternative is not going because you worry about the cost and you wait and then you have stage 4 cancer. Then everyone suffers. You WANT people going to the doctor. It's a good thing if people don't have to worry about it.

    But feel free to provide anything scholarly to back up your point.

    Also, feel free to provide anything scholarly that suggests universal healthcare will lead to doctors getting paid less. The problem people have is not that doctor's mak much, it's the insurance companies. No one who supports single payer wants doctors being paid less. It also sounds like our current system and insurance practices aren't already an absolute headache for EVERYONE involved One of the beauties of single payer is it simplifies and streamlines everything.
    Bold 1…………s t r e t c h

    Bold 2…talk to some doctors.

  10. #4465
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    31,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Bold 1…………s t r e t c h

    Bold 2…talk to some doctors.
    He's actually factually correct. It costs society and the Government more to treat people who don't go to the Doctor for fear of not being able to pay because their problems compound. If you think that people not going to the doctor now costs less than people going to the doctor more under universal healthcare, you've got it backwards.

  11. #4466
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    8,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    All these studies leave off several points.

    Once there is universal healthcare, people will be going to the doctor/emergency rooms/clinics for everything. Very quickly, "tummy aches" that were once treated at home with chicken soup will become $300 (or more) services rendered by "professionals." You will start to see scraped knees requiring a $25 bandaids plus $100 tetanus shots and Bactine sprayed on by qualified professionals with a Rx (that's a prescription) for something on the way out the door.

    Bottom line…as soon as someone else is paying for something, feel free to run up the bill. (One of the reasons college tuition is so high is that the government makes studen loans available pretty much on demand. Schools can charge whatever they want and the loan gets dumped onto the students. The schools always get their money.

    Another crazy little fact that will pop up is that far mor doctors will leave the profession than will be entering the profession. Too many headaches, pay will drop, patients will increase, far more stress. If you don't believe this, talk to some doctors.

    RE: Minimum wage. The higher it gets, the more unemployment you will see. It is basic economics (not to mention common sense…a factor you're not supposed to use for some reason.) People will be laid off, people who leave will not be replaced and jobs will be automated out of existence.

    I was in the Minneapolis airport in early June. Restaurant I was in has 30 tables (I counted) and one waitress. Every table had a gizmo…order what you want (pictures and all) eventually she delivers what you order and you pay on the gizmo. No conversation needed. This is what will happen more and more as you raise minimum wage. Fast food places already have it to a lesser degree and you will see more of it.

    When it comes to raising prices to your customer (income) or raising salaries to your employees (expense) the employees lose…every time. Usually it will be a slight increase in price paired with a large reduction in staff. It's that common sense thingy that we are not supposed to consider.
    So no facts and ignoring what Mandan/valade say below and the actual studies provided.

    Automation is coming whether we raise minimum wage or not lol.

    The facts say one thing but you already are set in your beliefs, as stated there are options but they involve left policy which you won't support despite factual evidence


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #4467
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    91,260
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    So no facts and ignoring what Mandan/valade say below and the actual studies provided.

    Automation is coming whether we raise minimum wage or not lol.

    The facts say one thing but you already are set in your beliefs, as stated there are options but they involve left policy which you won't support despite factual evidence


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep. Automation is coming in pretty much any scenario that doesn't involve a return to $0.00/hr wages that the south loved so much.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  13. #4468
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    14,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I have no idea what any of this means and, I suspect, that makes two of us.
    My god you are dense. You came to the right answer for the wrong reasoning.
    Last edited by flips333; 11-14-2019 at 09:32 PM.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  14. #4469
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    43,247

    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

    Sometimes I’d go to the doctor just for fun before i even had insurance!
    Now I’m there daily

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 11-14-2019 at 09:47 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #4470
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    91,260
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Sometimes I’d go to the doctor just for fun before i even had insurance!
    Now I’m there daily

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Every time Americans make fun of Canada’s health insurance, they check themselves into a doctor to make sure they’re ok.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •