Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 297 of 299 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299 LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 4481
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Simple Simon has spoken. Listen up if you want to get anywhere in life, you heathens.
    You could get a lot worse advic than that.

I racked up a lot of debt from college that I worked very hard to pay off, but it set me back a lot. It took much longer to get financially stable than it ideally would. I worked two jobs after I quit grad school that I LOVED, but paid very little. I don't regret it because it was actually truly rewarding instead of the soul-sucking corporate life.

I chose to go to a private out-of-state college instead of a SUNY school that would have cost me almost nothing. I just didn't know better and really wanted to get away. I had no concept of what I was getting into. I didn't even have a credit card, let alone an understanding of how much I would have to pay down the road. I was a dumb kid whose parents probably didn't warn me enough. Perhaps because they both went to college without accruing any debt. Or because they assumed I'd got to med school and be good. Who knows? Either way, I carried a lot of debt around for a long time.

But I realize now that my problem was that I just didn't get married and have kids. ****!
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    You could get a lot worse advic than that.
    You could also get a lot better advice.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I racked up a lot of debt from college that I worked very hard to pay off, but it set me back a lot. It took much longer to get financially stable than it ideally would. I worked two jobs after I quit grad school that I LOVED, but paid very little. I don't regret it because it was actually truly rewarding instead of the soul-sucking corporate life.

I chose to go to a private out-of-state college instead of a SUNY school that would have cost me almost nothing. I just didn't know better and really wanted to get away. I had no concept of what I was getting into. I didn't even have a credit card, let alone an understanding of how much I would have to pay down the road. I was a dumb kid whose parents probably didn't warn me enough. Perhaps because they both went to college without accruing any debt. Or because they assumed I'd got to med school and be good. Who knows? Either way, I carried a lot of debt around for a long time.

But I realize now that my problem was that I just didn't get married and have kids. ****!

lol

If only we could do it all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

No. I think your problem was that you skipped the logic course.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You could also get a lot better advice.
    Yeah. Just like the advice the poor has been getting and taking so far.

How us that working out????

No. I think your problem was that you skipped the logic course.
    Yes, I skipped the logic course. Not the guy who just said that all you need to do to not be poor is:

Graduate High School
    Get a Job
    Get Married
    Have Children
    Stay with your family.

You remain as out of touch as anyone on this site. Literally anyone.
    Last edited by ManRam; 11-13-2019 at 05:30 PM.
    Hello there! Welcome to ManRam v8.00.
    Patch notes: This version is nice, funny, cool & good™ now

Yes, I skipped the logic course. Not the guy who just said that all you need to do to not be poor is:

Graduate High School
    Get a Job
    Get Married
    Have Children
    Stay with your family.

Go back and re-read……

Never said all you have to etc. etc. Did say that this has been shown to make a big difference in avoiding poverty.

…………………

But, I'm probably wrong. I'll admit it.

However, the fact remains that there is a lot of poverty on the US and it keeps getting worse. For many it is hopeless. For one of the wealthiest countries on the planet to have so much poverty, it is unacceptable.

So, if I am wrong in my proposed solution………we are all waiting to hear what you have to say regarding solving the problem.

You have the floor…………

Graduate High School
    Get a Job
    Get Married
    Have Children
    Stay with your family.

Ever notice how many people who are reasonably successful, content with their lives, pleased with the way things are and not a financial burden on anyone are "out of touch."

Odd, isn't it.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

There are plenty people like that not out of touch, it's the ones who are incapable of understanding/empathy concerning others that just assume everyone should just live the way they do because it's working for them.

The other ideas to help improve the problem for people often involve left policy which we know you aren't really open to at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever notice how many people who are reasonably successful, content with their lives, pleased with the way things are and not a financial burden on anyone are "out of touch."it.
    Yeah, but how many of them are salaciously obsessed with first-term congresswomen who have virtually zero impact on their lives?

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Yeah, but how many of them are salaciously obsessed with first-term congresswomen who have virtually zero impact on their lives?
    Probably all of them.

And as for "congresswomen who have virtually zero impact on their lives," you do know how the government works, don't you. They all have an impact…you should know this.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    There are plenty people like that not out of touch, it's the ones who are incapable of understanding/empathy concerning others that just assume everyone should just live the way they do because it's working for them.

The other ideas to help improve the problem for people often involve left policy which we know you aren't really open to at this point.

And those policies are………

In order to save time, just list those policies that are actually working.

And those policies are………

In order to save time, just list those policies that are actually working.
    Healthcare for all, raising minimum wage etc that would help those in need are not policies that are tried in part to keep things the way they are

Probably all of them.
    Nope. Just one.