Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 295 of 548 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345395 ... LastLast
Results 4,411 to 4,425 of 8217
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of how most people want what’s best for society. To suggest non poor people don’t care about poor people because they support or don’t support whatever policy has always been a straw man argument.
    It's kinda funny how the state that does the most to "combat" homelessness has BY FAR the biggest issue with homeless people. It's almost like their ****** ideas don't work.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    It's kinda funny how the state that does the most to "combat" homelessness has BY FAR the biggest issue with homeless people. It's almost like their ****** ideas don't work.
    Almost, but not quite. Other states are sending their homeless to california, Las vegas sends em by the bus load
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Ewwww there's a a lot holes in this agrument
    Aaah. You're right. I've re-thought the whole thing.

Drop out.
    Knock 'er up.
    Disappear
    Smoke some dope. Hang out.
    Fill out some forms and sit back baby.
    Let the good times roll in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I always come back to the process of avoiding poverty……

Graduate High School
    Get a Job
    Get Married
    Have Children
    Stay with your family.

Many believe that if youy do this in this sequence that your chances of becoming impoverished is reduced drastically

I agree with this formula and it is not that hard.
    Shiiiiet....it's all so simple!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Shiiiiet....it's all so simple!
    That route gets a lot of dumb/easily replaceable drones. That’s what some people want.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    That route gets a lot of dumb/easily replaceable drones. That’s what some people want.
    It's not a terrible route by any means but it's also not nearly as simple as Sluggo makes it out to be. People that graduate high school, get a job, and get married aren't equal to "dumb/easily replaceable drones".

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

It's not a terrible route by any means but it's also not nearly as simple as Sluggo makes it out to be. People that graduate high school, get a job, and get married aren't equal to "dumb/easily replaceable drones".
    Its a terrible plan. I finish HS, likely get a ****** job, get married, have kids, and then we are all miserable and poor together.

It might work for a few but it’s not working for most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 11-12-2019 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Its a terrible plan. I finish HS, likely get a ****** job, get married, have kids, and then we are all miserable and poor together.

It might work for a few but it’s not working for most.

Nah, it's not terrible at all. It's just achingly over-simplified and far from some can't miss plan for success.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Don't know.

You tell me.

I do know, judging by what I have seen, that many, many of what we consider indigent keep making bad decisions that perpetuates the problem. Many perpetuate it to the point of being hopeless. Too many children (avoidable), drug abuse (personal choice), lack of education (avoidable, requires a certain amount of effort.) Crime (personal choice, poor decision)

I always come back to the process of avoiding poverty……

Graduate High School
    Get a Job
    Get Married
    Have Children
    Stay with your family.

Many believe that if youy do this in this sequence that your chances of becoming impoverished is reduced drastically

I agree with this formula and it is not that hard.
    you realize how much children cost... if you want to avoid poverty skip that step.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Ok, still not a fair argument imo because then you could say that about any economic policy that you deem more conservative than you’d like. And obviously that shouldn’t be the case.
    Well then we’ll leave it at an overall “lack of empathy” which seems central to the conservative social view.

Nah, it's not terrible at all. It's just achingly over-simplified and far from some can't miss plan for success.
    I shouldn’t have said miserable. I’d be miserable but I’d be miserable if I was rich with a family. They will likely be poor though.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    It's almost like that state has the most people of any state period. Weird how numbers work.

It's interesting because we have this idea that college is so overpriced it's not worth it financially and now everyone has turned against it and said you shouldn't go, but all data still points to college graduates earning far more than high school graduates. What's most interesting is a huge predicator on whether your poor or not is your parents education level:

http://www.nccp.org/publications/pub_786.html

So perhaps he should have added a step in there of "get educated" (though that doesn't have to mean college, it means learn a trade or skill).

Ok, still not a fair argument imo because then you could say that about any economic policy that you deem more conservative than you’d like. And obviously that shouldn’t be the case.
    The reason he, someone who does not live in NYC, cares about this issue is because he thinks making it free will just bring "piss, ****, gangs, and panhandlers". That's the entirety of his politics on this issue. He's not even pretending to care about the finances. He just thinks if you make things free all the gross poors will infest the place. There's no reason for him to care, except for his disdain of poor people.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    you realize how much children cost... if you want to avoid poverty skip that step.
    Open your ears. All poor people are drug addicts or don't want to work. Just graduate HS and get a job. zip a dee doo dah