Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 294 of 548 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344394 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 8217
  1. #4396
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    101,625
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Your disdain for poor people is fascinating.
    Let me have cake and eat it too.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  2. #4397
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,156
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Let me have cake and eat it too.
    So long as the poor don't get cake.

  3. #4398
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,020
    Marie Antoinette said “Let them eat cake.” And you know what happened to her.

  4. #4399
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,882
    I’d find hard to believe that anyone would hate poor people. That’s more of a straw man argument that’s been around for a long time. Remember the pushing the granny over the cliff ad
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

  5. #4400
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,888
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    I’d find hard to believe that anyone would hate poor people. That’s more of a straw man argument that’s been around for a long time. Remember the pushing the granny over the cliff ad
    Perhaps “complete disregard” is more fitting than hate?

  6. #4401
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    75,158
    I think "disdain" is perfectly apt for a lot of people.
    HELLO

  7. #4402
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,882
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Perhaps “complete disregard” is more fitting than hate?

    Ok, still not a fair argument imo because then you could say that about any economic policy that you deem more conservative than you’d like. And obviously that shouldn’t be the case.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

  8. #4403
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    I’d find hard to believe that anyone would hate poor people. That’s more of a straw man argument that’s been around for a long time. Remember the pushing the granny over the cliff ad
    Who hates poor people?

    I certainly don't.

    I've tried to explain this several times. I'll try again.

    In this area, there are three types of people……

    People that actually need help. No problem helping them or extending time, assets , money etc. I do it all the time.

    People that want help. Not so sympathetic here.These people need to prove they are making some kind of effort. Many do and eventually improve themselves. Not all

    People that expect help. Totally unsympathetic here. Many able bodied people sit around, fill out forms, know all the angles, the ins and outs and get all kinds of help they wouldn't really need if they would put forth some sort of effort. They will be like this for a good portion of their lives…and complain all the way. There are more of these than you realize (or would readily admit to). I could not care what happens to them.

  9. #4404
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Who hates poor people?

    I certainly don't.

    I've tried to explain this several times. I'll try again.

    In this area, there are three types of people……

    People that actually need help. No problem helping them or extending time, assets , money etc. I do it all the time.

    People that want help. Not so sympathetic here.These people need to prove they are making some kind of effort. Many do and eventually improve themselves. Not all

    People that expect help. Totally unsympathetic here. Many able bodied people sit around, fill out forms, know all the angles, the ins and outs and get all kinds of help they wouldn't really need if they would put forth some sort of effort. They will be like this for a good portion of their lives…and complain all the way. There are more of these than you realize (or would readily admit to). I could not care what happens to them.
    What % of the poor do you think fit into each category?

  10. #4405
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,548
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Your disdain for poor people is fascinating.
    Your disdain for the poor saps that work for a living and pay for it all is fascinating.

    That and AOC's brilliant creative ideas that include making everything completely paid for by the government.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  11. #4406
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Who hates poor people?

    I certainly don't.

    I've tried to explain this several times. I'll try again.

    In this area, there are three types of people……

    People that actually need help. No problem helping them or extending time, assets , money etc. I do it all the time.

    People that want help. Not so sympathetic here.These people need to prove they are making some kind of effort. Many do and eventually improve themselves. Not all

    People that expect help. Totally unsympathetic here. Many able bodied people sit around, fill out forms, know all the angles, the ins and outs and get all kinds of help they wouldn't really need if they would put forth some sort of effort. They will be like this for a good portion of their lives…and complain all the way. There are more of these than you realize (or would readily admit to). I could not care what happens to them.
    I was thinking more along the lines of how most people want what’s best for society. To suggest non poor people don’t care about poor people because they support or don’t support whatever policy has always been a straw man argument.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

  12. #4407
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    What % of the poor do you think fit into each category?
    Don't know.

    You tell me.

    I do know, judging by what I have seen, that many, many of what we consider indigent keep making bad decisions that perpetuates the problem. Many perpetuate it to the point of being hopeless. Too many children (avoidable), drug abuse (personal choice), lack of education (avoidable, requires a certain amount of effort.) Crime (personal choice, poor decision)

    I always come back to the process of avoiding poverty……

    Graduate High School
    Get a Job
    Get Married
    Have Children
    Stay with your family.

    Many believe that if youy do this in this sequence that your chances of becoming impoverished is reduced drastically

    I agree with this formula and it is not that hard.

  13. #4408
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    I was thinking more along the lines of how most people want what’s best for society. To suggest non poor people don’t care about poor people because they support or don’t support whatever policy has always been a straw man argument.
    Sorry. I can't follow this at all.

  14. #4409
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    61,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Don't know.

    You tell me.

    I do know, judging by what I have seen, that many, many of what we consider indigent keep making bad decisions that perpetuates the problem. Many perpetuate it to the point of being hopeless. Too many children (avoidable), drug abuse (personal choice), lack of education (avoidable, requires a certain amount of effort.) Crime (personal choice, poor decision)

    I always come back to the process of avoiding poverty……

    Graduate High School
    Get a Job
    Get Married
    Have Children
    Stay with your family.

    Many believe that if youy do this in this sequence that your chances of becoming impoverished is reduced drastically

    I agree with this formula and it is not that hard.
    Ewwww there's a a lot holes in this agrument
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  15. #4410
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,671
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Ewwww there's a a lot holes in this agrument
    None. You do the first four things a week out of high school and stay with your wealthy family after that. Works every time

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •