Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 293 of 548 FirstFirst ... 193243283291292293294295303343393 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 8220
  1. #4381
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    62,231
    This oughta drive Sluggo absolutely crazy:

    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 11-09-2019 at 03:54 PM.

  2. #4382
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Let's see now…

    Article was about numbers of people breaking the law and a sitting member of congress encouraging them.

    So what is the bigger point that was missed or ignored.
    The system that let them down in the first place. Context matters.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #4383
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    The system that let them down in the first place. Context matters.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This response means one of two things.

    1. You're yanking my crank by posting a BS response.
    or
    2. It is an honest response and you actually believe what you said.

    I'll assume #2 is your honest response in which case you are a complete fool.

    The NYC subway system serves several million people a day. How come those millions weren't let down by that same "system?"

    The city of NYC owns and operates the transit system for the good of the general public. The fare charged by the operating authority (like every transit operating authority in the US) does not cover the system's operating expenses. It operates at a loss in order to keep fares low so that the general public can use the transit system. Shortfalls are made up by taxes, federal funding and other means. And, by the way, the rich and well-to-do that actually pay taxes rarely use mass transit.

    Still, apparently, that's not enough for these losers you see jumping the turnstiles. The one's you defend because the "system" (whatever the "system" is) has "let them down."

    You're one of those people (and they have you in every city) that rushes to defend bad behavior on the part those low-life citizens that bring down the quality of life for all around them. You're the guy that sees graffiti as "urban art" (unless they do it to your property…then it's vandalism.). When you wonder why people abandon cities for the suburbs…look in the mirror,

    Where do people like you draw the line? If someone can't afford transportation, can they take your car (or maybe, in your case, your skateboard)? Is that Ok. If they're hungry, can they walk into a restaurant, eat up and not pay. Is that OK.

    Maybe instead of blaming "the system" these losers should make an attempt to operate within "the system." It's not that hard. All it takes is a little effort. Well maybe for them, it is that hard. But there is always you around to pick them up and give them whatever it is that they need…especially excuses.

    Buccaneers are at home today. I don't have a ticket but I'll try jumping the turnstile and see what happens. After all it's a publicly financed stadium…I have a right to get in.

  4. #4384
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I started hanging out with a fair jumper and immediately got into crack
    Crack is pretty much your standard fair jumper drug of choice.

    Always smoke a little crack before you go around terrorizing the city by jumping turnstile after turnstile
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  5. #4385
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Here come the hairsplitters with their ridiculous comparisons.

    Try to follow……

    You don't wear (or where as you say) a seatbelt and wrap your car around a tree and kill yourself. Tat has no effect on the cost or quality of life of the society in which you move. No one really cares if you kill yourself.

    Not paying transit fare does. It also leads to the habitual breaking of laws that changes our overall quality of life.

    Hundreds of people getting killed because they are too dumb to wear seatbelt doesn't affect anyone (unless they hit someone else). Hundreds of people jumping fare barriers creates a financial shortfall that must be ode up elsewhere…probably by fare increases.

    Are you getting this yet?
    Wait do you really think someone getting in a car wreck and dying because they don’t wear a seatbelt affects society? I guess the time that the ambulance spends trying to rescue the person has no cost. The space they might take up unnecessarily in a hospital has no cost. I guess the unnecessary use of a coroner’s time has no cost. I guess any social welfare programs used by the victim’s family because they just lost a member of the family unnecessarily has no cost.

  6. #4386
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,190
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Wait do you really think someone getting in a car wreck and dying because they don’t wear a seatbelt affects society? I guess the time that the ambulance spends trying to rescue the person has no cost. The space they might take up unnecessarily in a hospital has no cost. I guess the unnecessary use of a coroner’s time has no cost. I guess any social welfare programs used by the victim’s family because they just lost a member of the family unnecessarily has no cost.
    Much less the effect on everyone’s insurance premiums.

  7. #4387
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Much less the effect on everyone’s insurance premiums.
    This is true. But I’m just focusing on the specific public costs i.e. incurred government costs.

  8. #4388
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,190
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    This is true. But I’m just focusing on the specific public costs i.e. incurred government costs.
    Yup. I am just trying to prepare Sluggo for when we institute “Medicare for All” and his taxes go up to pay for the whole shabang.

  9. #4389
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Wait do you really think someone getting in a car wreck and dying because they don’t wear a seatbelt affects society? I guess the time that the ambulance spends trying to rescue the person has no cost. The space they might take up unnecessarily in a hospital has no cost. I guess the unnecessary use of a coroner’s time has no cost. I guess any social welfare programs used by the victim’s family because they just lost a member of the family unnecessarily has no cost.
    eeh!
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  10. #4390
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Yup. I am just trying to prepare Sluggo for when we institute “Medicare for All” and his taxes go up to pay for the whole shabang.
    Plus the gas for the ambulance.

    Got people using ambulances as taxis. They be telling the driver, instead of the hospital just take me to Figueroa and 43rd.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  11. #4391
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,882
    If nyc wants to make their public transit free, then more power to them. But encouraging people to hop the gates and steal is sad AF.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

  12. #4392
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    This response means one of two things.

    1. You're yanking my crank by posting a BS response.
    or
    2. It is an honest response and you actually believe what you said.

    I'll assume #2 is your honest response in which case you are a complete fool.

    The NYC subway system serves several million people a day. How come those millions weren't let down by that same "system?"

    The city of NYC owns and operates the transit system for the good of the general public. The fare charged by the operating authority (like every transit operating authority in the US) does not cover the system's operating expenses. It operates at a loss in order to keep fares low so that the general public can use the transit system. Shortfalls are made up by taxes, federal funding and other means. And, by the way, the rich and well-to-do that actually pay taxes rarely use mass transit.

    Still, apparently, that's not enough for these losers you see jumping the turnstiles. The one's you defend because the "system" (whatever the "system" is) has "let them down."

    You're one of those people (and they have you in every city) that rushes to defend bad behavior on the part those low-life citizens that bring down the quality of life for all around them. You're the guy that sees graffiti as "urban art" (unless they do it to your property…then it's vandalism.). When you wonder why people abandon cities for the suburbs…look in the mirror,

    Where do people like you draw the line? If someone can't afford transportation, can they take your car (or maybe, in your case, your skateboard)? Is that Ok. If they're hungry, can they walk into a restaurant, eat up and not pay. Is that OK.

    Maybe instead of blaming "the system" these losers should make an attempt to operate within "the system." It's not that hard. All it takes is a little effort. Well maybe for them, it is that hard. But there is always you around to pick them up and give them whatever it is that they need…especially excuses.

    Buccaneers are at home today. I don't have a ticket but I'll try jumping the turnstile and see what happens. After all it's a publicly financed stadium…I have a right to get in.
    So....you still don’t get it.

    Ok.

    “God forbid you ever had to walk a mile in his shoes
    'Cause then you really might know what it's like to sing the blues”


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #4393
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,882
    Maybe you can just tell us the point that you are trying to make?
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

  14. #4394
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,632
    Quote Originally Posted by thomass View Post
    If nyc wants to make their public transit free, then more power to them. But encouraging people to hop the gates and steal is sad AF.
    It's the dumbest thing ever because that's how you get people who aren't actually using it for transportation to make things worse for everyone else. You want piss, ****, gangs, and panhandlers on the subway make it free, lol.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  15. #4395
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    75,158
    Your disdain for poor people is fascinating.
    HELLO

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •