Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 610 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129529 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    They do. Being small have its own problems, but I wouldn't indict the whole system because of it.
    corrections. They don't always make the cuts

Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Oh.....she did something in 2010.
    What does she do now?
    Vote ĎNoí on everything, and fight Trump, and look like a stupid idiot. Iím sorry your incumbent establishment darling is fading on the horizon, but deal with it. These young bucks donít give two ****s about Pelosi and her pull is diminishing.

What about Paul Ryan!
    I never liked him, Iíve criticized him before on here, and he doesnít belong in the discussion because he isnít feuding with AOC. But whatabout Paul Ryan is what you bring into the discussion.
    Ok what did she do now while in the minority. She marshaled the votes to pass the Puerto Rico relief bill that Paul Ryan couldnít. Oh and that bill also kept us from defaulting on the debt which Paul and the Freedom Caucus didnít do a damn thing to stop.

I get it you donít like her and donít like her politics. Thatís fine and I donít expect you to but you should at least be respectful for people who are successful in their job and move things forward.

I like people who can actually do something for my side and AOC wonít do that. Paul Ryan wonít do that. Whoever the right replaces him with wonít do that. I respect people who can actually do something on the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    you tried to make some weak argument that didn't matter.

a new face of, a new face for.. it's the same damn thing.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ives-democrats

https://pagesix.com/2018/07/01/ex-co...ocasio-cortez/

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...cortez/564974/

you can keep arguing because you know that I'm right. the point remains the same, there are many people calling her the new face of the party/the new face for the party. these are the same thing.

calling a moderator pathetic, good job.
    We get it. English isn't your strong suit.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

5. 08-15-2018, 07:07 PM
    Reason
    Insults - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Oh.....she did something in 2010.
    What does she do now?
    Vote ĎNoí on everything, and fight Trump, and look like a stupid idiot. Iím sorry your incumbent establishment darling is fading on the horizon, but deal with it. These young bucks donít give two ****s about Pelosi and her pull is diminishing.

What about Paul Ryan!
    I never liked him, Iíve criticized him before on here, and he doesnít belong in the discussion because he isnít feuding with AOC. But whatabout Paul Ryan is what you bring into the discussion.
    Serious question. Whom do you like? Why?

Likening it to catcalling was a little bit in poor taste since there was nothing sexual at all in what he said. She should have just continued to not say anything. Who cares what him and his followers say on Twitter.

It was a funny quip tho. Sucks the right has gone all PC and turned into a bunch of snowflakes though. Overbearing pc principals were one of the most annoying things about the lefts progressive movement.

Itís a little hypocritical though that OP hasnít created a thread from his outrage in how the right conducts themselves on Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    God youíre an idiot

The thing was not her declining Shapiroís request. Itís the way she did it and basically called him sexist for him asking her to debate.

Are there any other congressmen or candidates he challenged to a debate? Since heís known as a partisan hack and nothing more, she should have just ignored him and continued doing interviews with respectable journalists. There are plenty of conservative journalists if she wants to broaden her support base.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    . . . If you don't get the difference between wanting to debate the person she was running against (something that happens all the time and is usually expected) and not even entertaining an unsolicited offer to debate from some chud who is famous for trying to fill the void that is "intellectual conservatives" by barfing out a bunch of silly maxims that his pea brain supporters can easily digest, well...yikes.

This is such an unbelievably silly thing foe anyone of sound mind to be upset about. There's never been a politician in the world we've demanded debate someone they weren't running against during an election. Insanity. Either people are being hypocritical idiots or maybe she is right in her initial comparison. Which one is it? Are ya stupid or are ya sexist?
    Ocasio-Cortez remembered the important rule of politics, never argue down. It is a forgotten rule in this age of Trump who breaks it all the time. Which makes sense for Trump, getting in playground name calling arguments is his strength as a politician. But for most of us, picking a fight with someone below you is just stupid. All you can do is lose. Ocasio-Cortez can beat Shapiro in a debate and win nothing. Debating some 4th rate radio personality gets her nothing. Losing to Shapiro hurts her. No upside to fighting down. It is just like Trump ragging on Maxine Waters. Win or lose, he is arguing with a single congresswoman and he is the president. She wins simply by being there. The same thing with Shapiro. He wins by being there. Of course he wants to challenge her, he has nothing to lose.

It is always good to see a young politician smart enough to understand that there are rules that make politics easier and you don't have to reinvent the wheel to run for office.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    Ocasio-Cortez remembered the important rule of politics, never argue down. It is a forgotten rule in this age of Trump who breaks it all the time. Which makes sense for Trump, getting in playground name calling arguments is his strength as a politician. But for most of us, picking a fight with someone below you is just stupid. All you can do is lose. Ocasio-Cortez can beat Shapiro in a debate and win nothing. Debating some 4th rate radio personality gets her nothing. Losing to Shapiro hurts her. No upside to fighting down. It is just like Trump ragging on Maxine Waters. Win or lose, he is arguing with a single congresswoman and he is the president. She wins simply by being there. The same thing with Shapiro. He wins by being there. Of course he wants to challenge her, he has nothing to lose.

It is always good to see a young politician smart enough to understand that there are rules that make politics easier and you don't have to reinvent the wheel to run for office.
    Trump doesnít argue down. He argues up. The president isnít arguing with anyone. A petty whiny ***** is arguing with lots of people. Heís at least striking even when he fights Omarosa or Michael Cohen.

I get what youíre saying but I canít not point this out.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    ooohhh can I play?

Republicans in 2012:

**** Russia, Obama is a traitor

Republicans in 2018:

Russia is ok as long as a republican is in office.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    ooohhh can I play?

Republicans in 2012:

Republicans in 2018:

But what about. The republicans suck btw.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    But what about. The republicans suck btw.
    They all suck.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    ooohhh can I play?

Republicans in 2012:

Republicans in 2018:

memes are always stupid oversimplifications for people who don't actually want to think. Don't engage.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

ooohhh can I play?

Republicans in 2012:

Republicans in 2018:

Romney in 2012: Russia is the biggest threat to the United States

Democrats in 2012: HAHAHA

Democrats in 2018: Russia is the biggest threat to the US!

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Sometimes. The programs donít cost nearly as much as the big schools either. When I transferred to a small private school we only ran a deficit of about $2500, less than a dollar per student. The drama department ran a bigger deficit on their productions, and I wouldnít advocate cutting that. Buddy coaches baseball at the local CC, makes 4K a season and theyíve won 2 national championships in the last 10 yrs. So, yeah the costs at that level are overblown.
    yeah spots programs don't cost nearly as much when you aren't paying some ******* 4 million a year.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.