Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 289 of 299 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 4481
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

obviously nobody is suggesting anything like this so this is just a stupid comment.

jumping the toll is stupid, and if anyone is caught doing so then it's their own damn fault.
    So if the punishment were death for jumping a turnstile you'd support killing those that do because after all, anyone caught doing it is their own damn fault right?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So if the punishment were death for jumping a turnstile you'd support killing those that do because after all, anyone caught doing it is their own damn fault right?
    OK. Great. We all agree that no one should be put to death for jumping the turnstile.

So your solution us……………

We're all waiting to see how you solve this.

nobody thinks the punishment is death or should be death. there should be an appropriate punishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    OK. Great. We all agree that no one should be put to death for jumping the turnstile.

So your solution us……………

We're all waiting to see how you solve this.
    I told you how to solve it, make jumping the turnstile punishable by death. I assure you, once we execute the first lot who does it no one else will do it again. And as a bonus, we likely execute the poor you detest so much who take your money via social programs.

How is that not a win/win?

nobody thinks the punishment is death or should death.
    But if it were, you'd be fine with executing them if they did jump the turnstile, because after all they were caught doing it, it's their own fault right?

But if it were, you'd be fine with executing them if they did jump the turnstile, because after all they were caught doing it, it's their own fault right?
    nobody including myself thinks the punishment should be death.

it's their fault, so if the appropriate (important word) punishment is being arrested then they deserve that.
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

nobody including myself thinks the punishment should be death.

it's their fault, so if the appropriate (important word) punishment is being arrested then they deserve that.
    Ok, so now we include appropriate punishment. Excellent. Well AOC's entire point is that the punishment is currently not appropriate. So simply saying they deserve it is only valid if you think the punishment is appropriate, which she does not.

Ok, so now we include appropriate punishment. Excellent. Well AOC's entire point is that the punishment is currently not appropriate. So simply saying they deserve it is only valid if you think the punishment is appropriate, which she does not.
    which is exactly why I said what I did. AOC saying/thinking the punishment now is not appropriate is her opinion.

I don't know what is currently done, but whatever is currently done then I don't have a problem with it. nobody is forced to do it so what should happen is people should not jump the toll. when they are caught after making that choice then they have to suffer whatever the consequences are.

if people can't afford $2.75 fare then they have bigger problems than taking public transportation.
    what is appropriate?
    is it possible for those caught to be arrested and instead of getting any jail time they are fined? if so then I support that.

It is incredible how you consistently refuse to answer simple questions.

Currently they are hauled off to court for theft of services. You and AOC do not think this is appropriate.

Again, what is the appropriate punishment???

which is exactly why I said what I did. AOC saying/thinking the punishment now is not appropriate is her opinion.

what is appropriate?
    is it possible for those caught to be arrested and instead of getting any jail time they are fined? if so then I support that.
    I'll support that too. But if they do not pay the fine (or they do pay the fine) and they keep repeating the infraction, then what?

Scofflaws with multiple parking tickets can have their car impounded. What could be done with fare jumpers?

I'll support that too. But if they do not pay the fine (or they do pay the fine) and they keep repeating the infraction, then what?

Scofflaws with multiple parking tickets can have their car impounded. What could be done with fare jumpers?
    If one repeatedly does not pay a fine, then the consequences escalate and can eventually lead to incarceration. I know the punishes get compounded when one has other engagements with law enforcement or government. I would tack the money onto their state taxes. Send them and their employer notice of the garnishment.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Stop doing business with them, garish there tax refund, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If one repeatedly does not pay a fine, then the consequences escalate and can eventually lead to incarceration. I know the punishes get compounded when one has other engagements with law enforcement or government. I would tack the money onto their state taxes. Send them and their employer notice of the garnishment.
    holy **** I actually agree with dbroncos78087 on something.

refusal to pay the fine then it escalates. one way or another people will have to end up paying. which is why it comes back to being stupid to jump a $2.75 toll.

It is incredible how you consistently refuse to answer simple questions.

Currently they are hauled off to court for theft of services. You and AOC do not think this is appropriate.

Again, what is the appropriate punishment???
    A fine seems appropriate? Say $40?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I agree with al of that.

What invariably happens is that the people that do this kind of stuff, cry poverty and hardship, get a public defender and in the interest of time and money the courts just move the case along. All at the public's cost.

The Jane Fonda situation should be interesting. Millionnaire that keeps doing the same thing over and over. Should be interesting. Stay tuned.