Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 288 of 610 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 9139
  1. #4306
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,312
    I have no problem with anyone encouraging civil disobedience.

  2. #4307
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,267
    Great.

    Another fool that supports actions that accomplish nothing.

  3. #4308
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Great.

    Another fool that supports actions that accomplish nothing.
    It it were not for us fools, Jim Crow would be alive and well, half of my generation would have been dead in some rice paddy, and women wouldn’t have the vote (which I am sure would you happy as a clam — though still not as smart as one).

  4. #4309
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Do me a favor. If you do not want to answer a question or can't (for whatever reason…why can't you just say so?

    I'm giving an illustration op people breaking the law or stealing services.

    Right or wrong?

    Acceptable or unacceptable?

    A congressional encourages this.

    Right or wrong?

    Acceptable or unacceptable?

    Simple stuff here.

    geezus
    Didn't trump encourage his followers to physically attack protestors and that he would help pay their legal fees if they did.

    Is that more or less acceptable than what aoc said?
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  5. #4310
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    It it were not for us fools, Jim Crow would be alive and well, half of my generation would have been dead in some rice paddy, and women wouldn’t have the vote (which I am sure would you happy as a clam — though still not as smart as one).
    Right.

    We all admire you.

  6. #4311
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    17,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Right.

    We all admire you.
    Show me on the doll where Crovash hurt you.

  7. #4312
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,267
    And still no one can answer…………


    But the question remains, so I will re-post………

    Regardless (or irregardless for some) as to the publication, it was a direct quote as to what she said. It was also supported by a screen shot of her Twitter post. So whether it was in the Washington Examiner, The New York Times or the St Peter's Church Weekly Bulletin, it is an actual quote as to what she said. That cannot be disputed.

    The real point here, that you missed (not uncommon here) is that a sitting member of Congress (and she was duly elected) is encouraging civil unrest and encouraging people to break the law.

    Are you OK with that? Should she be penalized?

    And while we're on the subject…

    Jane Fonda has been arrested 3 weeks in a row for blocking access to a public space. I guess that is a misdemeanor. She keeps coming back each week so I guess she gets off with a fine and bail or whatever. Usually these types of things also include some form of light probation with a warning not to do this again.

    Since she does do it again and has promised to keep on doing it, the question is what type of punishment should she get the 6th, 7th, 8th etc. time she does this? Does the judge just keep letting her out and wave to everyone or should she get jail time and stiff fines? It doesn't seem like she is learning anything by her earlier arrests.

    Simple questions no one seems to want to answer. Also, no one seems to have an idea as to what punishment should be?

    How would you feel……

    sitting on a bus after paying and someone else walks on without paying? And there is no penalty

    driving and paying a toll while so other drivers just ignore the toll? And there is no penalty

    paying your real estate taxes while your neighbor doesn't pay his? And there is no penalty

    …………


    There should be some sort of financial penalty that increases with each occurrence with eventual jail time after you repeat the event X many times. Serious consequences for not paying.

    Doing nothing rewards bad behavior and penalizes law abiding citizens.

    AOC should at least be censured for encouraging people to break the law. (Same as Wacky Maxine should have been for encouraging harassment of officials.

    This breakdown of societal rules may seem cool and funny but it doesn't work.

  8. #4313
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    46,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Do me a favor. If you do not want to answer a question or can't (for whatever reason…why can't you just say so?

    I'm giving an illustration op people breaking the law or stealing services.

    Right or wrong?

    Acceptable or unacceptable?

    A congressional encourages this.

    Right or wrong?

    Acceptable or unacceptable?

    Simple stuff here.

    geezus
    Are you asking if Breaking the law is always right or wrong or right or wrong in general?

    If breaking the law is ALWAYS wrong, then do you believe Rosa Parks was wrong and should she have been jailed for what she did?

  9. #4314
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,267
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Are you asking if Breaking the law is always right or wrong or right or wrong in general?

    If breaking the law is ALWAYS wrong, then do you believe Rosa Parks was wrong and should she have been jailed for what she did?
    Two things here………

    1. Rosa Parks paid her fare on the bus before she made her "statement." And she did it peacefully.

    2. You can't answer the question. Why???

  10. #4315
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    46,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Two things here………

    1. Rosa Parks paid her fare on the bus before she made her "statement." And she did it peacefully.

    2. You can't answer the question. Why???
    Rosa Parks broke the law by refusing to get up for a white person. Was her violation of that law wrong?

    My answer is in general it's better to follow the law than to not. Do I think following the law is right in all situations? No. Do I think there are many stupid laws? Absolutely. Is jailing people for not paying a $2.75 fare absurd? Yes.

    All that being said, I don't know exactly what AOC said as I missed the initial post, but if the worst thing you have on her right now is she said that people shouldn't go to jail for jumping a turnstile, I think this reinforces the perception that you have an obsession with AOC.

  11. #4316
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,267
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Rosa Parks broke the law by refusing to get up for a white person. Was her violation of that law wrong?

    My answer is in general it's better to follow the law than to not. Do I think following the law is right in all situations? No. Do I think there are many stupid laws? Absolutely. Is jailing people for not paying a $2.75 fare absurd? Yes.

    All that being said, I don't know exactly what AOC said as I missed the initial post, but if the worst thing you have on her right now is she said that people shouldn't go to jail for jumping a turnstile, I think this reinforces the perception that you have an obsession with AOC.
    Look up "jumping the turnstiles in NY." There must be videos of it. I saw them on more than one news station.

    I agree that sending someone to jail for jumping a $2.75 fare is ridiculous. But the police were told not to apprehend them at all. Net result looked like salmon going upstream to spawn. Hundreds of low lifes jumping the turnstile to avoid the fare.

    Solutions…tickets (like parking tickets) Great idea. But what if they don't pay it. Then what.

    Ticket after ticket after ticket after ticket after ticket…then what? One guy had over 50 arrests for fare jumping. Like Jane Fonda continually being arrested for doing the same thing. Tickets, fines, probation does not work. Then what?

    So if you finally arrest a guy after multiple arrests, then you get the stories…can't afford the fare, he loses his job, has kids to feed, is an illegal etc. Where does all this go? What do you do?

    NYC could stop this by installing turnstiles that can't be jumped. Mucho expensive to install and slows everyone down, but they would get all the fares. Is that the way to go.

    Overall point here is that the trash of society gets to dictate how law abiding citizens move about that society and at what cost.

    Seems awfully unfair to me.

    And comparing Rosa Parks to hundreds of fare jumpers…get real here.

  12. #4317
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    .

    Overall point here is that the trash of society gets to dictate how law abiding citizens move about that society and at what cost.

    Seems awfully unfair to me.
    .
    Old rich people been doing this since day 1. Nothing new here..
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  13. #4318
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    104,239
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Old rich people been doing this since day 1. Nothing new here..
    ManRam has posted in the past a great quote about how some people believe that society should protect them while bind others and offer them no protection. I wish I could remember the full quote or remembered who it was by.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  14. #4319
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,190
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    ManRam has posted in the past a great quote about how some people believe that society should protect them while bind others and offer them no protection. I wish I could remember the full quote or remembered who it was by.
    Sluggo is just a legit throwback, just complete and absolute straight forward hypocrisy. But that used to be a good enough reason, that's why I be cracking up watching him trying to explain his view to people who aren't on board with that mentality.

    Trump says attack protestors, good, someone needs to say the harsh truth. Aoc says jump turn styles, hes acting as if all civilization and structure is at risk, lmao. What's ok for me isnt ok for you. That's essentially the crux of majority of his arguments
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  15. #4320
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,818
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Well that's stupid
    it's stupid to jump the toll. it's pocket change.






    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Clearly, if you jump the turnstile the punishment should be death.


    obviously nobody is suggesting anything like this so this is just a stupid comment.

    jumping the toll is stupid, and if anyone is caught doing so then it's their own damn fault.







    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    It it were not for us fools, Jim Crow would be alive and well, half of my generation would have been dead in some rice paddy, and women wouldn’t have the vote (which I am sure would you happy as a clam — though still not as smart as one).
    because protesting against a $2.75 toll is comparable to these things? you can not seriously believe that. 2 dollars and 75 cents. even bums on the street begging for money can have that much.

    if this was some outrageous high priced money grab by government then I could understand a fight to make it cheaper, but it is already cheap and there is no excuse to jump this toll.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •