Follow us on Twitter

Page 287 of 354 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 5297
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    At what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At getting sluggo worked up over trivial ****
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    FYI - You posting Washington Examiner articles is just as bad as liberals clinging to the WP.

Regardless (or irregardless for some) as to the publication, it was a direct quote as to what she said. It was also supported by a screen shot of her Twitter post. So whether it was in the Washington Examiner, The New York Times or the St Peter's Church Weekly Bulletin, it is an actual quote as to what she said. That cannot be disputed.

The real point here, that you missed (not uncommon here) is that a sitting member of Congress (and she was duly elected) is encouraging civil unrest and encouraging people to break the law.

Are you OK with that? Should she be penalized?

And while we're on the subject…

Jane Fonda has been arrested 3 weeks in a row for blocking access to a public space. I guess that is a misdemeanor. She keeps coming back each week so I guess she gets off with a fine and bail or whatever. Usually these types of things also include some form of light probation with a warning not to do this again.

Since she does do it again and has promised to keep on doing it, the question is what type of punishment should she get the 6th, 7th, 8th etc. time she does this? Does the judge just keep letting her out and wave to everyone or should she get jail time and stiff fines? It doesn't seem like she is learning anything by her earlier arrests.

Send me AOC, Alyssa Milano, and Jane Fonda i'll take care of em

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

FYI - You posting Washington Examiner articles is just as bad as liberals clinging to the WP.

in this case why does the source matter. this source and this article literally quote a tweet from AOC herself.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    in this case why does the source matter. this source and this article literally quote a tweet from AOC herself.

I don't hang out in NYC anymore so Im not tuned into this but getting arrested for jumping the turnstile does seem unnecessary. Can't they just give someone a ticket? IDK what AOC's stance is either but this seems to be a lot jumping to conclusions by the usual partisan hacks

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I don't hang out in NYC anymore so Im not tuned into this but getting arrested for jumping the turnstile does seem unnecessary. Can't they just give someone a ticket? IDK what AOC's stance is either but this seems to be a lot jumping to conclusions by the usual partisan hacks
    I don't know what is currently done, but whatever is currently done then I don't have a problem with it. nobody is forced to do it so what should happen is people should not jump the toll. when they are caught after making that choice then they have to suffer whatever the consequences are.

if people can't afford $2.75 fare then they have bigger problems than taking public transportation.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I don't know what is currently done, but whatever is currently done then I don't have a problem with it. nobody is forced to do it so what should happen is people should not jump the toll. when they are caught after making that choice then they have to suffer whatever the consequences are.

if people can't afford $2.75 fare then they have bigger problems than taking public transportation.
    Well that's stupid

Clearly, if you jump the turnstile the punishment should be death.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It's just that those pulling the strings want us to focus on the turnstile jumpers (soon to become terrorists, I have been informed) rather than the millions -- or more -- they themselves are probably stealing every month.

So this is an issue where I think we need to really look at what we're doing, because we have a similar issue in DC. Obviously we don't want people going to jail for jumping a turnstyle, which amounts to a couple dollars. BUT we also don't want to encourage people to break the law because it creates an incentive to commit other, larger crimes. The DC police were told to stand down from the enforcement of the classic "no eating, drinking, and other things" warning that is posted. This has led to an increase in other things escalating. There were a few stabbings recently, which is extremely unlikely.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

OK Great!

We all know how clever PSD Posters are with their little quips.

But the question remains, so I will re-post………

Regardless (or irregardless for some) as to the publication, it was a direct quote as to what she said. It was also supported by a screen shot of her Twitter post. So whether it was in the Washington Examiner, The New York Times or the St Peter's Church Weekly Bulletin, it is an actual quote as to what she said. That cannot be disputed.

The real point here, that you missed (not uncommon here) is that a sitting member of Congress (and she was duly elected) is encouraging civil unrest and encouraging people to break the law.

Jane Fonda has been arrested 3 weeks in a row for blocking access to a public space. I guess that is a misdemeanor. She keeps coming back each week so I guess she gets off with a fine and bail or whatever. Usually these types of things also include some form of light probation with a warning not to do this again.

Since she does do it again and has promised to keep on doing it, the question is what type of punishment should she get the 6th, 7th, 8th etc. time she does this? Does the judge just keep letting her out and wave to everyone or should she get jail time and stiff fines? It doesn't seem like she is learning anything by her earlier arrests.

Simple questions no one seems to want to answer. Also, no one seems to have an idea as to what punishment should be?

How would you feel……

sitting on a bus after paying and someone else walks on without paying? And there is no penalty

driving and paying a toll while so other drivers just ignore the toll? And there is no penalty

paying your real estate taxes while your neighbor doesn't pay his? And there is no penalty

…………

There should be some sort of financial penalty that increases with each occurrence with eventual jail time after you repeat the event X many times. Serious consequences for not paying.

Doing nothing rewards bad behavior and penalizes law abiding citizens.

AOC should at least be censured for encouraging people to break the law. (Same as Wacky Maxine should have been for encouraging harassment of officials.

YThis breakdown of societal rules may seem cool and funny but it doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post

It’s not about whether it happened or not with these news sources it’s about the type of content they push and the type of relevant news they neglect.

It’s not about whether it happened or not with these news sources it’s about the type of content they push and the type of relevant news they neglect.

So your point is what????

You're deflecting the issue as to what she said by your view of the publication that is quoting her.

If the story was in the NY Times would you feel better?

And forget whatever the story was surrounding the quote and image of the Tweet………just focust on what she said and the image of the Tweet……

are you OK with what she said/did? It's a very simple question.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    So your point is what????

You're deflecting the issue as to what she said by your view of the publication that is quoting her.

If the story was in the NY Times would you feel better?

And forget whatever the story was surrounding the quote and image of the Tweet………just focust on what she said and the image of the Tweet……

are you OK with what she said/did? It's a very simple question.
    I think the only reason you are worked up over this is the idea that you had to pay for something that someone else may not have. You seem to get awfully upset anytime someone doesn't have to pay for something you do. I think you need to stop worrying about what others are paying so much and focus on yourself.

I think the only reason you are worked up over this is the idea that you had to pay for something that someone else may not have. You seem to get awfully upset anytime someone doesn't have to pay for something you do. I think you need to stop worrying about what others are paying so much and focus on yourself.
    Do me a favor. If you do not want to answer a question or can't (for whatever reason…why can't you just say so?

I'm giving an illustration op people breaking the law or stealing services.

Right or wrong?

Acceptable or unacceptable?

A congressional encourages this.

Right or wrong?

Acceptable or unacceptable?

Simple stuff here.

geezus