Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 286 of 386 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 5779
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Translated: I don’t like it so neither should you. And get those kids off my lawn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Translated…You just don't get the point. Nothing new.

Zuckerberg was brought in to be questioned about some new internet monetary system he was trying to set up. The questioning that AOC was "really good at" and Porter ("I really like her") didn't cover any of that from what was shown.

AOC's questioning…rudely talked over Z and ignored what he said. She then introduced racism when none existed (which was probably her whole point from the beginning)

Porter…wanted Z to commit to spending an hour a day for a year listening to videos of employee problems. Now Consider: 1. do you know anyone who would commit to doing that? 2. Do you know anyone who would possibly have the time to commit to doing that? 3 Do you think Katie Porter would commit to spending an hour a day listening to videos of her constituents' problems? Obviously the answer to all three points is no. And Porter knows this (any one with a brain would realize this. Maybe AOC wouldn't realize that this was impossible and ridiculous)) So the real point to Porter's questioning is to make Z look bad. But some of you "really like her."

And, again I point this out, both parties are equally quilty of these tactics.

And as far as "get those kids off my lawn" … Porter is far from being a "kid," she's at least in her 40s and AOC probably doesn't know what a lawn is…or is that being too bougie?

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Translated…You just don't get the point. Nothing new.

Zuckerberg was brought in to be questioned about some new internet monetary system he was trying to set up. The questioning that AOC was "really good at" and Porter ("I really like her") didn't cover any of that from what was shown.
    I don't get it.

You, yourself, said that the aired congressional hearings are essentially designed as PR opportunities for the questioner who can gain from making the questionee look bad (and, yes, I know you also said that both sides do it), and then you go on to condemn Ms. Ocasio-Cortez and Ms. Porter for doing reasonably well what the hearing is (according to you) allegedly supposed to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I don't get it.

You, yourself, said that the aired congressional hearings are essentially designed as PR opportunities for the questioner who can gain from making the questionee look bad (and, yes, I know you also said that both sides do it), and then you go on to condemn Ms. Ocasio-Cortez and Ms. Porter for doing reasonably well what the hearing is (according to you) allegedly supposed to do.
    Go back and re-read…

I was questioning the poster that said AOC "is really good at this." And the other that claimed about Porter "I really like her."

Good at what?

Like her for what?

I don'e see much to admire from either one of them.

But they are duly elected. No question there.

Go back and re-read…

I was questioning the poster that said AOC "is really good at this." And the other that claimed about Porter "I really like her."

Good at what?

Like her for what?

I don'e see much to admire from either one of them.
    Are you such an idiot that you don’t even understand your own posts?

They are good at what YOU said the hearings are for — self aggrandizing.

Are you such an idiot that you don’t even understand your own posts?

They are good at what YOU said the hearings are for — self aggrandizing.
    Are you that stupid that you can't see the simple point??

Zuckerberg was called in to testify about some internet monetary plan.

None of the videos showed thios question coming up at all.

AOC and Porter bullied Z during the questioning. AOC talks over him, ignores answers and turns it to racism. Porter asks him to do something impossible and makes him look uncaring. They use the bully pulpit to make a self made man look bad knowing full well he can't respond in kind. He can't talk over them, and suggest they do impossible things to make them look bad. he would be held in contempt. (All of this is pretty much like the Kavanaugh hearings.)

Two posters go on to say how they admire these two congressionals. The point, that you will never see, is that there is nothing here to admire.

Someone getting pushed around when he can't push back. What's to admire there?

Are you that stupid that you can't see the simple point??

Zuckerberg was called in to testify about some internet monetary plan.

None of the videos showed thios question coming up at all.

AOC and Porter bullied Z during the questioning. AOC talks over him, ignores answers and turns it to racism. Porter asks him to do something impossible and makes him look uncaring. They use the bully pulpit to make a self made man look bad knowing full well he can't respond in kind. He can't talk over them, and suggest they do impossible things to make them look bad. he would be held in contempt. (All of this is pretty much like the Kavanaugh hearings.)

Two posters go on to say how they admire these two congressionals. The point, that you will never see, is that there is nothing here to admire.
    Did you write this?

Do you realize how these congressional "inquiries" work?

Point 1…The speaker and the committee cairs determine the topics, time allowed, and who they wish question and who gets to ask what questions.

Point 2…It is totally 100% partisan and the repubs do it as much as the dems. It all depends who is in power.

Point 3…The objective is to make the person being questioned look bad. And the questioner has the upper hand by far.
    Admirably, they accomplished their objective. End of discussion.

lol

Politics is crazy
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Did you write this?

Admirably, they accomplished their objective. End of discussion.
    With you, one can only hope.

With you, one can only hope.
    Haha, Crovash throw in a closer line, but say something positive about black people in it. Theres no way sluggo will be able to let it go!! lmao

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

it is already established that AOC dropped a timeline of 12 years.

2 tweets from AOC..

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

At what?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Go AOC!

FYI - You posting Washington Examiner articles is just as bad as liberals clinging to the WP.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    FYI - You posting Washington Examiner articles is just as bad as liberals clinging to the WP.

I try to completely avoid the Washington Post.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!