Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 271 of 610 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321371 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,065 of 9139
  1. #4051
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Try to think it through just a tad.

    The article says nothing about the reason they were denied access.

    Do you really think a couple of border patrol agents got together and said "here comes some Muslims, let's bust their chops and deny entry just for the hell of it."?

    Or…

    Do you think that for some reason, whatever reason, these people were linked to some list that caused some sort of an issue? Something we are not privy to.

    Which of those two situations do you think is more plausible?

    .
    First one EASILY.

    EASILY

    lots of things changed after 9/11

    *its funny how diff things seem from the inside vs the outside
    Last edited by nastynice; 09-09-2019 at 02:04 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  2. #4052
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    13,685
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    First one EASILY.

    EASILY

    lots of things changed after 9/11

    *its funny how diff things seem from the inside vs the outside
    You'd be amazed at how hilarious, petty and embarassing it looks like from the outside


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  3. #4053
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12,389

    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Listen, we need to leave the straight pride parades alone. The closeted men and self-hating that go to them and want to meet other similarly closested and self-hating men and blow off some steam. The reason people go to straight pride parades is because they hate the fact that they are or suspect they are gay. Nobody needs to prove to themselves they're straight unless they don't think they are.
    As a matter of fairness, I am perfectly fine with people showing white pride or straight pride (or black pride or Hispanic or gay etc. etc.).

    But when they show themselves to go from a celebration of culture or whatever to hate of others they should be mocked and addressed in the same way we would other supremacists. And that goes for everyone really.

    I also think other people not a part of these celebrations should be able to take part and enjoy in these cultural celebrations as well without any fear of ‘appropriating’.

    The more we celebrate each other’s past cultures the better off we’ll all be in my opinion.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by DeW-Star; 09-09-2019 at 07:43 PM.
    Yankees Farm System

  4. #4054
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,190
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post

    But when they show themselves to go from a celebration of culture or whatever to hate of others they should be mocked and addressed in the same way we would other supremacists. And that goes for everyone really.

    k
    Agreed
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  5. #4055
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,818
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    According to your logic we are a hypocritical society for not allowing 2 year olds to drink alcohol. I dont buy this thing you're selling.
    this post didn't address anything that I said. is having pride in one's sexuality okay or not. it shouldn't matter whether someone is gay or straight, they should be allowed to be proud of that. that is equality. one side being allowed to have pride and the other side is not, is not equality.


    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    First one EASILY.

    EASILY

    lots of things changed after 9/11

    *its funny how diff things seem from the inside vs the outside

    this is your bias and not reality.









    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Listen, we need to leave the straight pride parades alone. The closeted men and self-hating that go to them and want to meet other similarly closested and self-hating men and blow off some steam. The reason people go to straight pride parades is because they hate the fact that they are or suspect they are gay. Nobody needs to prove to themselves they're straight unless they don't think they are.
    maybe in the future people will not be judged on things like gay or straight and their sexual identity wont make a difference. we are not there right now.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  6. #4056
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,190
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    this post didn't address anything that I said. is having pride in one's sexuality okay or not. it shouldn't matter whether someone is gay or straight, they should be allowed to be proud of that. that is equality. one side being allowed to have pride and the other side is not, is not equality.
    Fnk stop saying these type a things

    People have never been persecuted for being straight. Agree or disagree, there is a clear objective difference between the two, and why having a pride parade is inherently different for one vs the other.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  7. #4057
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,818
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Fnk stop saying these type a things

    People have never been persecuted for being straight. Agree or disagree, there is a clear objective difference between the two, and why having a pride parade is inherently different for one vs the other.
    who is persecuted now for being gay?
    no doubt there was a time when being gay was not as accepted as it is now, but it's not the same anymore. for years now people have been pushing for equality, and that alone should mean equality for everyone gay or straight.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  8. #4058
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,190
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    who is persecuted now for being gay?
    no doubt there was a time when being gay was not as accepted as it is now, but it's not the same anymore. for years now people have been pushing for equality, and that alone should mean equality for everyone gay or straight.
    Gay people are persecuted now for being gay. Who else?
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #4059
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    106,597
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Gay people are persecuted now for being gay. Who else?
    It's ok not to see it. Religious groups being given the right to bar people who are gay from adopting...
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move faster…but tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!

  10. #4060
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,613
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    who is persecuted now for being gay?
    Gay people.

    Although it's quite cute that you think people pushing for equality = equality.

    You keep your head in the sand for anything but your corner of Twitter, huh. This is comically dense and ignorant, even for someone at such a crippling disadvantage as you.

  11. #4061
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,818
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Gay people are persecuted now for being gay. Who else?
    not like in the past.






    Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    Gay people.

    Although it's quite cute that you think people pushing for equality = equality.

    You keep your head in the sand for anything but your corner of Twitter, huh. This is comically dense and ignorant, even for someone at such a crippling disadvantage as you.
    your posts are comically dense and I love it.

    how about wanting to treat everyone the same.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  12. #4062
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,818
    https://beta.washingtonpost.com/nati...e-ad-genocide/

    Republican PAC runs debate ad comparing Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to genocidal Khmer Rouge
    The clip opens with ominous music and a portrait of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) bursting into flames to reveal a pile of skulls.

    “This is the face of socialism and ignorance,” the narrator intones. “Does Alexandria-Ocasio Cortez know the horror of socialism?”

    The jarring ad, which aired on ABC during Thursday’s Democratic presidential debate in Houston, compares the freshman Democrat’s support of democratic socialism to the communist Khmer Rouge regime in Cambodia that killed nearly 2 million people in the 1970s.

    Democrats argue over health care and other core issues — and the direction of the party

    The spot, funded by a newly formed Republican PAC and narrated by a recently defeated California GOP candidate, prompted Ocasio-Cortez to accuse its producers of racism and critics to question why ABC approved the ad. (The network didn’t immediately respond to messages on Thursday night.)

    “Know that this wasn’t an ad for young conservatives of color — that was the pretense,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted. “What you just watched was a love letter to the GOP’s white supremacist case.”

    The ad was produced by New Faces GOP, a PAC that aims to bring “candidate [sic] from all races, ethnicities, gender, or geography” to the Republican Party. The Fresno-based organization is fronted by Elizabeth Heng, who lost in November to Rep. Jim Costa (D-Calif.) in a 16th Congressional District race; he received 54 percent of the vote to her 46 percent.


    Heng narrates the ad by highlighting her family’s story. Her parents, Chieu Heng and Siv Khoeu, survived the Khmer Rouge regime under Pol Pot, during which roughly a quarter of the country’s population died from summary executions, famine, disease and overwork from 1975 to 1979. Her parents eventually made their way to Fresno, where they have operated a market for 25 years, the Fresno Bee reported.

    In the ad that aired on Thursday, Heng draws a direct line from her parents’ traumatic story to the policies supported by Ocasio-Cortez.

    “My father was minutes away from death in Cambodia,” Heng says. “That’s socialism. Forced obedience, starvation.”


    Heng also suggests her story shows the room for diversity in a GOP increasingly defined by President Trump’s white identity politics.

    “Mine is a face of freedom. My skin is not white. I’m not outrageous, racist, or socialist,” she says. “I’m a Republican.”


    Ocasio-Cortez, though, argued that by marrying her portrait with such violent imagery, the ad actually made the opposite point.
    this is what Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said..



    apparently Asian Elizabeth Heng is a racist white supremacist.



    this is why the use of racist and white supremacist has become idiotic. it's used to manipulate people for a political agenda. it's straight up ignorant.

    AOC is just stupid.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  13. #4063
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,419

  14. #4064
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,419
    Strange how my reply is in the quote. Doesn’t show it that way when I tried editing it.

  15. #4065
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    47,311
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    this is why the use of racist and white supremacist has become idiotic. it's used to manipulate people for a political agenda. it's straight up ignorant.

    AOC is just stupid.
    So someone comparing Trump to Hitler/Mao is wrong and violent rhetoric but someone comparing AOC to genocide in Khmer is OK? That is also violent rhetoric.

    You stated you denounce violent rhetoric from both sides. So why are you not denouncing this?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •