Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 270 of 610 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 9139
  1. #4036
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    BoldedÖthis is a bit hard to believe. They must have been told something. Awfully hard tyo believe the border agent simply said "no, turn around and go home."
    No, they held them for hours and questioned them.

    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5264218

    And before you say, well thatís just 6 people, itís 6 people in two weeks who have gone to the same law firm.

  2. #4037
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,707
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    How is this any worse than an electoral college where forty nine percent of the people take away the rights of the other fifty one percent?
    Upon further review, this was not a quote from Jefferson. Don't believe everything you read on the internet

    We must consider long-term interests rather than short-term gratifications. To do this we must avoid impulses of passion and conflicts of interest. The American constitutional system is not a direct democracy but is a representative republic. According to classical theory, republics could exist only in relatively small territories, where citizens knew one another personally and could assemble face-to-face.
    The internet has made the American democracy more inclusive than it was in the Foundersí day, amplifying the voices of women, minorities, and other disadvantaged groups they excluded. And although our national politics is deadlocked by partisanship, compromise remains possible at the local level, where activism is often organized online and can lead to real change.
    Last edited by kevin13697; 09-04-2019 at 07:24 PM.

  3. #4038
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,190
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    straight pride. why is it okay to have gay pride but not okay to have straight pride. that is hypocritical.

    if anyone wanting straight pride is doing so because they are anti gay then that is a problem. if people having straight pride just want to be equal then that should be good.

    this would be comparable to Black Lives Matter, where BLM does not mean white lives don't matter. having straight pride should not mean they are against gay pride.








    this is why social media can be dangerous, any nut with a lot of followers post this nonsense.



    super racist immigration policies. despite this issue with immigration being about illegal vs legal.
    lol, it's not hypocritical
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  4. #4039
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    108,171
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, it's not hypocritical
    All these straight pride parades are for us for people who are gay but hate themselves for being gay to socialize.

  5. #4040
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Is it really about illegal vs legal? Have you read about the Canadian citizens who are being denied entry to the US without any reason being given? Oddly turns out they are all Muslim. Or how Trumps policies virtually eliminating legal immigration for most of these people and aid that was actually working in curtailing illegal immigration has resulted in the huge surge in illegal immigration? Heís made his bed, you can try justifying it all you want but the policies Trump has put in place are certainly open to the interpretation of being racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    No, they held them for hours and questioned them.

    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5264218

    And before you say, well thatís just 6 people, itís 6 people in two weeks who have gone to the same law firm.

    I have heard nothing at all about immigration from Canada.
    6 is such a small number it's nothing compared to anything at the southern border.

    what specific policies would be more racist?

    Trump has called for legal merit based immigration.

    in order to show that Trump is against legal immigration one would have to show that Trump wants to stop all immigration. not limiting legal immigration because that itself is still wanting legal immigration.







    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, it's not hypocritical
    yes it is.
    there would be 2 comparable sexual orientations. gay and straight. gay pride is apparently great, they have parades. so why would it not be the same to have pride for being straight. that is not equality, that is hypocritical.

    if anyone actually wants real equality then things should be EQUAL for both gay and straight.


    Į\_(ツ)_/Į

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  6. #4041
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,502
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I have heard nothing at all about immigration from Canada.
    6 is such a small number it's nothing compared to anything at the southern border.

    what specific policies would be more racist?

    Trump has called for legal merit based immigration.

    in order to show that Trump is against legal immigration one would have to show that Trump wants to stop all immigration. not limiting legal immigration because that itself is still wanting legal immigration.









    yes it is.
    there would be 2 comparable sexual orientations. gay and straight. gay pride is apparently great, they have parades. so why would it not be the same to have pride for being straight. that is not equality, that is hypocritical.

    if anyone actually wants real equality then things should be EQUAL for both gay and straight.
    If you had taken 5 seconds to even glance at the article you would have realized that was just people going for a visit for a day or two and not immigrating. 6 in two weeks who went to the same law firm is enough that you should be wondering how often US border agents are turning visitors away for no reason other than what appears to be their religion.

    And no, donít have to show that Trump is against all immigration to make my point. You just fail to acknowledge that he targets certain groups. Thatís your own issue to deal with.

  7. #4042
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    108,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    If you had taken 5 seconds to even glance at the article you would have realized that was just people going for a visit for a day or two and not immigrating. 6 in two weeks who went to the same law firm is enough that you should be wondering how often US border agents are turning visitors away for no reason other than what appears to be their religion.

    And no, donít have to show that Trump is against all immigration to make my point. You just fail to acknowledge that he targets certain groups. Thatís your own issue to deal with.
    You are asking too much. Please readjust your expectations accordingly.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move fasterÖbut tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

    Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

  8. #4043
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    48,649
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin13697 View Post
    Upon further review, this was not a quote from Jefferson. Don't believe everything you read on the internet

    We must consider long-term interests rather than short-term gratifications. To do this we must avoid impulses of passion and conflicts of interest. The American constitutional system is not a direct democracy but is a representative republic. According to classical theory, republics could exist only in relatively small territories, where citizens knew one another personally and could assemble face-to-face.
    The internet has made the American democracy more inclusive than it was in the Foundersí day, amplifying the voices of women, minorities, and other disadvantaged groups they excluded. And although our national politics is deadlocked by partisanship, compromise remains possible at the local level, where activism is often organized online and can lead to real change.
    Nice sentiments, ones in which I agree. There's nothing actually in your paragraph that explains why the electoral college is a good idea or why abolishing it is a bad one however.

  9. #4044
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    If you had taken 5 seconds to even glance at the article you would have realized that was just people going for a visit for a day or two and not immigrating. 6 in two weeks who went to the same law firm is enough that you should be wondering how often US border agents are turning visitors away for no reason other than what appears to be their religion.

    And no, donít have to show that Trump is against all immigration to make my point. You just fail to acknowledge that he targets certain groups. Thatís your own issue to deal with.
    6. show me where this is a continual problem. this is nowhere close to the southern border, where 6 can happen in under 1 minute. there is nothing close to a crisis at the northern border.

    yes Trump targets a group, "illegal" immigrants. it's not about their race. it also wasn't about race when Democrats were also against illegal immigration before Trump was even a candidate. now Democrats have flipped because of politics.


    Į\_(ツ)_/Į

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  10. #4045
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,502
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    6. show me where this is a continual problem. this is nowhere close to the southern border, where 6 can happen in under 1 minute. there is nothing close to a crisis at the northern border.

    yes Trump targets a group, "illegal" immigrants. it's not about their race. it also wasn't about race when Democrats were also against illegal immigration before Trump was even a candidate. now Democrats have flipped because of politics.
    I donít believe I said anywhere that it was a crisis at the northern border. There are instances of this happening over the last couple years and there has been an increase of reported cases in the last few months. The purpose of bringing it up is that it is an example of border patrol targeting specific groups in a way that has nothing to do with illegal immigration which you continually claim is the only group Trump targets. Your failure to even register that is also an example of why people on here have issues with you. You accuse others of Trump Derangement Syndrome but are so hell bent on being right that you ignore anything that is against what you believe.

    Another example is how you have failed to register how Trumps policies have made the situation at the southern border so much worse than when he got into office. Best of luck in trying to learn how to look at things from another perspective, might do you some good.

  11. #4046
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,190
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I]
    yes it is.
    there would be 2 comparable sexual orientations. gay and straight. gay pride is apparently great, they have parades. so why would it not be the same to have pride for being straight. that is not equality, that is hypocritical.

    if anyone actually wants real equality then things should be EQUAL for both gay and straight.
    Lmao, this is too stupid to even respond to.

    Where would I even start?

    You stay throwing curveballs fnk, I'll give you that much
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  12. #4047
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    I donít believe I said anywhere that it was a crisis at the northern border. There are instances of this happening over the last couple years and there has been an increase of reported cases in the last few months. The purpose of bringing it up is that it is an example of border patrol targeting specific groups in a way that has nothing to do with illegal immigration which you continually claim is the only group Trump targets. Your failure to even register that is also an example of why people on here have issues with you. You accuse others of Trump Derangement Syndrome but are so hell bent on being right that you ignore anything that is against what you believe.

    Another example is how you have failed to register how Trumps policies have made the situation at the southern border so much worse than when he got into office. Best of luck in trying to learn how to look at things from another perspective, might do you some good.
    6 is an increase?
    you want to bring up the northern border that is not even relevant. show me where Trump has said anything about the northern border.
    whatever is or isn't concerning with the northern border has nothing to do with the southern border. this border with Mexico with significantly more people illegally crossing the border is what Trump has focused on, wanting to stop the illegal immigration, calling for legal merit based immigration. you deflect to the northern border, why?

    no policy excuses illegally crossing the border. that would be like saying a new law excuses stealing so the stealing is now totally fine. no, it's still stealing and still illegal.






    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Lmao, this is too stupid to even respond to.

    Where would I even start?

    You stay throwing curveballs fnk, I'll give you that much
    do you understand what equality means? it doesn't mean this group gets X while the other group does not. that is literally not equal.

    if having gay pride is okay, then having straight pride should equally be okay. people claim they want equality, but they are liars.


    Į\_(ツ)_/Į

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  13. #4048
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    No, they held them for hours and questioned them.

    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5264218

    And before you say, well thatís just 6 people, itís 6 people in two weeks who have gone to the same law firm.
    Try to think it through just a tad.

    The article says nothing about the reason they were denied access.

    Do you really think a couple of border patrol agents got together and said "here comes some Muslims, let's bust their chops and deny entry just for the hell of it."?

    OrÖ

    Do you think that for some reason, whatever reason, these people were linked to some list that caused some sort of an issue? Something we are not privy to.

    Which of those two situations do you think is more plausible?

    AndÖ

    Are all Muslims being denied entry or just theses six. If other Muslims are freely coming into the US and these six were denied entry then it is not too much of a stretch to assume their names are linked to something we are not aware of.

    ButÖ

    People like you just assume the worst in an effort to paint Trump and the US in a bad light. And you succeeded. Nice job.

  14. #4049
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,190
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    ]
    do you understand what equality means? it doesn't mean this group gets X while the other group does not. that is literally not equal.

    if having gay pride is okay, then having straight pride should equally be okay. people claim they want equality, but they are liars.
    According to your logic we are a hypocritical society for not allowing 2 year olds to drink alcohol. I dont buy this thing you're selling.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  15. #4050
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    108,171
    Listen, we need to leave the straight pride parades alone. The closeted men and self-hating that go to them and want to meet other similarly closested and self-hating men and blow off some steam. The reason people go to straight pride parades is because they hate the fact that they are or suspect they are gay. Nobody needs to prove to themselves they're straight unless they don't think they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    the delays of the courts needs to end at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And if people got **** counsel, well they had to die so the court could move fasterÖbut tell me again how pro-life you are!
    I was told there would be pro-life! Not pro-death!
    ___

    Please remember not to reply to me if I'm not replying to you...you know who you are.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •