Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 266 of 610 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316366 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 9139
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Of course I have an idea. I'm asking if you really think scientists haven't considered this when determining whether global warming is man made.

But anyways, here's the explanation:

https://www.history.com/topics/pre-history/ice-age

scientists have determined that variations in the Earth’s orbit and shifting plate tectonics spur the waxing and waning of these periods.

Basically shifting tectonic plates spur volcanic activity which causes volcanoes to erupt, shooting carbon dioxide into the air. When this happens often enough it heats up the earth, which melts the ice and glaciers and increases the heating. As this dies down (over many thousands of years) the temperature gradually starts to drop, which causes the snow to not fully melt year over year. This traps the snow beneath the top layer and turns it into ice, which eventually form glaciers. These glaciers trap the moisture of the planet which causes a further drop in temperature. As the Glaciers get big enough, they cause massive shifts in the earth's surface, which eventually fuel tectonic activity, and we are back to the beginning of the cycle.

You act like you're asking profound questions that nobody has an answer for, but scientists have had an answer to this one for quite some time. Try and keep up.
    So, in a nutshell, climate change happens periodically on its own. I can agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Just go away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Still eating that Dinty Moore Beef Stew you stockpiled for the Y2K crisis that was going to bring society crashing down aren't you?

I think even canned goods has a shelf life.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    So, in a nutshell, climate change happens periodically on its own. I can agree with that.
    lol, what an animal!

Do you have any clue what you're even saying? lol

It's that old school thuggery
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Yes it does. That is not what is happening right now though.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, what an animal!

Do you have any clue what you're even saying? lol

It's that old school thuggery
    Well, in his defense, he has stated that he watches “The Three Stooges” for his intellectual edification.

Still eating that Dinty Moore Beef Stew you stockpiled for the Y2K crisis that was going to bring society crashing down aren't you?

I think even canned goods has a shelf life.
    If you’re not going to read and accept sound science then you have no business making empty comments like that just for partisan gain.

Still trying to figure out how the ice age(s) melted without any human intervention.

What caused that??
    You never heard of dinosaur farts?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Yes it does. That is not what is happening right now though.
    Yeah, that is what's happening right now.

One thing I have to give the "climatologists: credit for is that they learned from The Population Bomb and the Y2K terror not to put a solid date on anything. (Except for AOC and her 12 year deadline. She's too dumb to learn not to be definite with things.)

Now if there are no sharks in Kansas in thirty years, they can just just the date back.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You never heard of dinosaur farts?

Which is worse for the planet…exhaust from cars or hot air from the squad???

I dunno.

Definitely has jokes

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    If you’re not going to follow climatologists and read the scientific literature, you shouldn’t comment on this. It’s not political. Or at least it shouldn’t be.

We’re not taking about a planet exploding we’re talking about a deadline when irreversible damage is done which is basically the beginning of the end.

Yeah ok

Article “we have 14 months to save the planet”

That’s a scare tactic which isn’t true

Anyone know what the status of that anti-lobbying bill her and Ted Cruz were working on? I haven’t heard a peep on it in months. Shouldn’t take this long to say that when you leave government, you aren’t allowed to lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Yeah ok

Article “we have 14 months to save the planet”

That’s a scare tactic which isn’t true

Title. That’s the caption. The point made was that it’s 14 months until the election so we damn well better put some environmentally responsible candidates (which do still exist in the GOP) in office.

Of all the NY Republicans I never thought Trump would be the one. You guys really should have got behind Pataki when he ran.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Anyone know what the status of that anti-lobbying bill her and Ted Cruz were working on? I haven’t heard a peep on it in months. Shouldn’t take this long to say that when you leave government, you aren’t allowed to lobby.
    I believe there was a lobbying effort against that bill.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Who and Ted cruz?

I know Cruz is Republican but I 100% support him on this. This is how politicians can prove they are working for Americans, not corporate accounts.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train