Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 255 of 548 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 8217
  1. #3811
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Sounds like you already got, got, got.

    And I have no personal problems to foist on anyone.
    Again, with the projection. I got raised to have a good work ethic and to value education. I’ve got fantastic parents that lived paycheck to paycheck most of their lives and didn’t have anything left for hand-outs. No need to push your own failures onto them.

  2. #3812
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Again, with the projection. I got raised to have a good work ethic and to value education. I’ve got fantastic parents that lived paycheck to paycheck most of their lives and didn’t have anything left for hand-outs. No need to push your own failures onto them.
    Sounds like we are two of a kind.

    My background is pretty much the same. I have few failures and whatever ones I do have, rest assured I handle them myself and don't look to others.

    ………

    Look…the tick, tick, tick comment implies waiting for me to die. Something like that is totally uncalled for and I don't appreciate that. it has happened several times here.

    I'll post and debate with anyone but I don't need crap like that thrown at me. Every time I defend a position, I get called a name. I don't do that. Half the posts directed at me contain profanity almost to the point that some posters seem incapable without out profanity. I don't do that either. A few posters here I will not even respond to.

    And I respect other people's opinion. I disagree with most here but all are free to say whatever they please. Try going on a conservative forum (are there any?) and throw out some of the crap I see here. See how you do. I bet I hold my own here better than most here would on such a site.

  3. #3813
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    101,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    #1 What part of the Constitution covered electronic impulses floating around the atmosphere?

    #2 The Constitution is constantly stretched to make it say what ever you want it to say…what part of the Constitution mentioned pornography as a freedom of speech? Or flag burning? How is abortion tied into the right of privacy?

    #3 Whose life is really affected all that much by the Patriot Act?
    If you don’t understand these basic concepts, then what meaningful discussion can be had?

  4. #3814
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If you don’t understand these basic concepts, then what meaningful discussion can be had?
    If you don't know, just say so.

  5. #3815
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    .

    I'll post and debate with anyone but I don't need crap like that thrown at me. Every time I defend a position, I get called a name.
    1, no you wont, you'll read my posts and sometimes post in a roundabout way about it, but no you wont debate with anyone.

    2, you just spent the last few pages explaining WHY your experience with minorities acting a certain way is a justifiable reason as to why you seek out places with white majority populations. Yet at the same time you act offended when someone points out the fact that that is racist. Lol, so which is it?

    Btw, in case you've convinced yourself that my "profane approach" is why you dont respond to me, I would like to point out that actually it is your inability to ever give any coherent response to my 2nd paragraph that you dont respond. Just a little fyi.

    I dont punch below the belt. I simply call a spade a spade, someone from your generation should appreciate that
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  6. #3816
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    15,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Sounds like we are two of a kind.

    My background is pretty much the same. I have few failures and whatever ones I do have, rest assured I handle them myself and don't look to others.

    ………

    Look…the tick, tick, tick comment implies waiting for me to die. Something like that is totally uncalled for and I don't appreciate that. it has happened several times here.

    I'll post and debate with anyone but I don't need crap like that thrown at me. Every time I defend a position, I get called a name. I don't do that. Half the posts directed at me contain profanity almost to the point that some posters seem incapable without out profanity. I don't do that either. A few posters here I will not even respond to.

    And I respect other people's opinion. I disagree with most here but all are free to say whatever they please. Try going on a conservative forum (are there any?) and throw out some of the crap I see here. See how you do. I bet I hold my own here better than most here would on such a site.
    I love how you talk about S N O W F L A K E S and can't handle a joke.

    Last edited by flips333; 07-12-2019 at 08:53 PM. Reason: I do punch bellow the belt... but I did delete one of the jokes in this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  7. #3817
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    5,240
    The Pelosi comment is typical of racially paranoid minorities like Cortez.

    This person disagrees with something I said/suggested.
    I am Hispanic.
    Therefore, the person that disagreed with me is racist against Hispanics -- even if they're a Democrat who wants open borders.

    This is the "rising star" that liberals are so proud of. A racially paranoid minority is most likely racist themselves.

  8. #3818
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,671
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    The Pelosi comment is typical of racially paranoid minorities like Cortez.

    This person disagrees with something I said/suggested.
    I am Hispanic.
    Therefore, the person that disagreed with me is racist against Hispanics -- even if they're a Democrat who wants open borders.

    This is the "rising star" that liberals are so proud of. A racially paranoid minority is most likely racist themselves.
    Is Nancy pandering to those communities to get their votes or not? You guys need to get your narratives straight. Does AOC have so much power that she dictates your opinion on the subject? Outside of talking points, do you have any views of your own?

  9. #3819
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    101,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    If you don't know, just say so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    #1 What part of the Constitution covered electronic impulses floating around the atmosphere?

    #2 The Constitution is constantly stretched to make it say what ever you want it to say…what part of the Constitution mentioned pornography as a freedom of speech? Or flag burning? How is abortion tied into the right of privacy?

    #3 Whose life is really affected all that much by the Patriot Act?
    #1 the Constitution grants the federal government the ability to regulate interstate trade. Television, cell signal, etc. are all clearly connected to and aspects of interstate trade.

    #2 Pornography, like any other video or communication is part of speech. There is both explicit and implicit speech involved. Flag burning is an expression of one's opinion, which is at the heart of free speech protections. The absolute best, somewhat plausible argument with the existing framework against it would be that burning the flag isn't peaceful protest. It would be incredibly weak, but it's better than anything else I've seen. Most arguments fail because they center around the "I'm triggered so it's bad" argument. The right to privacy is a pulled primarily from the 9th and 14th Amendments. The right to privacy and ability to make one's own medical decisions was based on existing case law and the interpretation of the equal protection clause in the 14th Amendment and the 9th Amendment. Conservatives love the 10th Amendment but often forget the 9th: "The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people." It means that they don't have to list your right to order your eggs over medium for it to be protected.

    #3 do you communicate with friends and family over any sort of electronic means? Because that communication can be surveilled without a warrant. The Patriot Act (along with many other laws before) spits on the first and fourth amendments and honestly doesn't treat the due process protections of the 5th Amendment either.

    Want me to go into more depth?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  10. #3820
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    5,240
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Outside of talking points, do you have any views of your own?
    What do you think my last post in this thread was? These posts are all peoples views. It's kind of the whole point of a forum.

  11. #3821
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    101,469
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    What do you think my last post in this thread was? These posts are all peoples views. It's kind of the whole point of a forum.
    For what it's worth, I don't think you're someone who just regurgitates talking points. I disagree with much of what you say but I think you believe what you say. And we all tend to rely on talking points from time to time. The summation of an issue can be quite handy.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  12. #3822
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,671
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    What do you think my last post in this thread was? These posts are all peoples views. It's kind of the whole point of a forum.
    So is Nancy the pandering politician that gives no ***** about minorities outside of their votes or does she genuinely care about those people and feel that they should be represented? They are calling her a racist because she wants them to hold up as diverse, she just doesn’t want to hear from them. I’m just trying to square the fake open boarder argument in your post, which would seem to be racist pandering, with the view that she isn’t racist and these people are nuts.

  13. #3823
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    #1 the Constitution grants the federal government the ability to regulate interstate trade. Television, cell signal, etc. are all clearly connected to and aspects of interstate trade.

    #2 Pornography, like any other video or communication is part of speech. There is both explicit and implicit speech involved. Flag burning is an expression of one's opinion, which is at the heart of free speech protections. The absolute best, somewhat plausible argument with the existing framework against it would be that burning the flag isn't peaceful protest. It would be incredibly weak, but it's better than anything else I've seen. Most arguments fail because they center around the "I'm triggered so it's bad" argument. The right to privacy is a pulled primarily from the 9th and 14th Amendments. The right to privacy and ability to make one's own medical decisions was based on existing case law and the interpretation of the equal protection clause in the 14th Amendment and the 9th Amendment. Conservatives love the 10th Amendment but often forget the 9th: "The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people." It means that they don't have to list your right to order your eggs over medium for it to be protected.

    #3 do you communicate with friends and family over any sort of electronic means? Because that communication can be surveilled without a warrant. The Patriot Act (along with many other laws before) spits on the first and fourth amendments and honestly doesn't treat the due process protections of the 5th Amendment either.

    Want me to go into more depth?
    All of what you are saying (especially #2) is an interpretation of what the Constitution says. None of it is clearly defined in the Constitution. Pornography, abortion…not even close. It is interpretations and not clearly defined law.

    You want to surveil my communications…feel free.

    And again, why is it so cool when some of these geeks come up with info people want to see/read. It's Ok top hack into a government website and embarrass someone you dislike. But your secret email to Lefty227 is sacred.

    Right.

  14. #3824
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    5,240
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    So is Nancy the pandering politician that gives no ***** about minorities outside of their votes or does she genuinely care about those people and feel that they should be represented? They are calling her a racist because she wants them to hold up as diverse, she just doesn’t want to hear from them. I’m just trying to square the fake open boarder argument in your post, which would seem to be racist pandering, with the view that she isn’t racist and these people are nuts.
    Pandering to minorities doesn't make Pelosi racist -- it just makes her a hypocrite who's fishing for votes, which most politicians do. Politicians do the same with non-racial groups such as union members. The word "racist" gets thrown around way too much. Real racism is hatred toward the entire membership of a particular race.
    Last edited by MidwestJimmy; 07-15-2019 at 12:27 PM.

  15. #3825
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    57,278
    Homan just made her look even more dumb.

    She is so far in over her head it's not even remotely funny how poor of a choice she was to have elected.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •