Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 253 of 548 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 8217
  1. #3781
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,165
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I can think of someone running for President who voted against the creation of the DHS and who also voted against the creation of ICE. Almost two decades ago.
    Dennis Kucinich? Is he running again?

  2. #3782
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    5,240
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    We survived plenty well before [the Dept of Homeland Security] existed ...
    except for 9/11

    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    [ICE is] one of the greatest perpetrators of sexual abuse and child trafficking in this country.
    Where did you hear or read this bit of brilliance? From Ocasio-Cortez, or some other America hating idiot?

  3. #3783
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102,749
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    except for 9/11



    Where did you hear or read this bit of brilliance? From Ocasio-Cortez, or some other America hating idiot?
    And what about the current form of DHS makes you think they could stop another one from happening? Do you really think their laughably bad performance record warrants ANY faith? Anyone with faith in them is trading their freedom for no additional security.

  4. #3784
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,165
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And what about the current form of DHS makes you think they could stop another one from happening? Do you really think their laughably bad performance record warrants ANY faith? Anyone with faith in them is trading their freedom for no additional security.
    We had plenty of reason to believe that something like 9/11 might happen. After all, they tried to blow up the World Trade Center before.

  5. #3785
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And what about the current form of DHS makes you think they could stop another one from happening? Do you really think their laughably bad performance record warrants ANY faith? Anyone with faith in them is trading their freedom for no additional security.
    What freedoms have been given up????

  6. #3786
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    We had plenty of reason to believe that something like 9/11 might happen. After all, they tried to blow up the World Trade Center before.
    That is true. But what we did had no effect on keeping us safe. The TSA has been proven to be wholly ineffective in preventing things that shouldn’t get through from getting through.

  7. #3787
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    8,502
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    That is true. But what we did had no effect on keeping us safe. The TSA has been proven to be wholly ineffective in preventing things that shouldn’t get through from getting through.
    So our government is inept at protecting our security but totally capable of administering our health care?

    Got it....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

  8. #3788
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    What freedoms have been given up????
    He won’t respond to this


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #3789
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102,749
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    So our government is inept at protecting our security but totally capable of administering our health care?

    Got it....
    Well seeing as they handle Medicare pretty well...yea this argument doesn't hold much water.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    He won’t respond to this


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If he isn't aware of the drastic expansion of warrantless surveillance, then he lacks the ability to use Google.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  10. #3790
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central California
    Posts
    8,502
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Well seeing as they handle Medicare pretty well...yea this argument doesn't hold much water.



    If he isn't aware of the drastic expansion of warrantless surveillance, then he lacks the ability to use Google.
    It’s not an argument at all, just wondering how they can be good at one thing as you say but clueless at something else.

    I’m pretty sure that the ineptitude goes across the board. I’m not comfortable with them doing either....
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

  11. #3791
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    32,273
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I don't think that I could support ending DHS any more. What have they actually done? The department is a bureaucratic nightmare specifically designed to limit our freedom and control us. What terrorist attacks have they actually stopped? Please be specific...because when tested in any measure they're an abysmal failure. They let items through security that shouldn't get through and they hassle little old ladies needlessly. There is no objective review of DHS that ends with the person saying "wow that was a good use of tax dollars".
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Hahaha...yes. I was trying to say that I believe that my support for ending DHS could not go any higher. It is at its zenith. They have a lofty goal and fail to meet any of them. They do not keep the homeland safe. They actively restrict our rights and they don't prevent attacks. Ben Franklin's quote about freedom and security should be re-written to specifically apply to them and say that people who give away freedom for no security are ****ing morons.


    here is a list of terror plots that were prevented.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ates_post-9/11


    it would help to know what agencies are part of DHS.

    https://www.dhs.gov/component-agency-contacts

    FEMA
    Federal Law Enforcement Training Center
    Transportation Security Administration
    U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
    U.S. Coast Guard
    U.S. Customs and Border Protection
    U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement
    U.S. Secret Service







    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    A mountain of self quotes and copy/pasting dictionary definitions....classic FNK.
    you say that as me backing up what I have said is a bad thing.







    https://www.mediaite.com/tv/karl-rov...id-naive-dumb/

    Karl Rove Rages Against AOC for Comment About Getting Rid of DHS: ‘Moronic, Stupid, Naive, Dumb’
    Karl Rove went on a tear against Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez tonight over her comments in a recent interview about getting rid of the Department of Homeland Security.

    In an interview with The New Yorker, Ocasio-Cortez, when asked if she would get rid of DHS, said, “I think so. I think so. I think we need to undo a lot of the egregious mistakes that the Bush Administration did. I feel like it is a very qualified and supported position, at least in terms of evidence and in terms of being able to make the argument that we never should have created D.H.S., in the early two-thousands.”

    Fox News’ Martha MacCallum opened by talking about how DHS was created after 9/11 and, when she brought Karl Rove on, he started going off on the New York congresswoman:

    “I think it’s moronic, stupid, naive, and dumb… I can’t believe that a member of Congress––admittedly she was 11, about ready to turn 12 the following month––but she should study the lessons of history, she should talk to her colleagues. She should investigate what happened.”

    Rove recalled the events of 9/11 and the actions George W. Bush took before asking, “Does she really want us to go back to an age in which you can go and board airplane carrying a box cutter or a bomb? Does she really want our borders to be unprotected? Does she really want to abolish the customs? Does she want to get rid of the Secret Service?”

    He said she should talk to her Democratic colleagues and New York police officers to ask about everything DHS has done.

    “I would like her to go to the parents and the loved ones who lost someone on 9/11 who live in her district in New York and ask them if they think that the United States of America should be placed in a place where people, other families, will have to suffer through the pain and grief that they have,” he added.

    MacCallum said Ocasio-Cortez’s comments were “shocking, especially from a New Yorker.”

    At one point Rove said her comments are about as “misinformed” an opinion “I’ve seen coming out of a member of Congress in a long time.”






    AOC says Nancy Pelosi is not racist, after saying Nancy Pelosi was "explicit singling out of newly elected women of color"

    so not racist, just explicitly doing something based on race.

    https://m.cnn.com/en/article/h_ba7b6...71227c155288e0

    "It's really just pointing out the pattern, right? We're not talking about just progressives, it's signaling out four individuals," Ocasio-Cortez told CNN on Capitol Hill. "And knowing the media environment that we're operating in, knowing the amount of death threats that we get, knowing the amount of concentration detention, I think it's just worth asking why."
    why oh why is Nancy Pelosi signaling out the 4 Democrats that voted against a specific bill to help immigrants in detention facilities. what could that reason possibly be..


    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...r-funding-bill

    The four House Democrats who voted against the border funding bill
    Four House Democrats on Tuesday evening bucked party leadership and voted against a bill to provide $4.5 billion in emergency border funding.

    The Democrats who voted against the bill were Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (N.Y.), Ilhan Omar (Minn.), Ayanna Pressley (Mass.) and Rashida Tlaib (Mich.)
    this is why they were singled out.. not race, not gender, not age, not twitter followers.





    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...using-the-race

    Democratic lawmaker unloads on Ocasio-Cortez, chief of staff for 'using the race card'
    Rep. Wm. Lacy Clay (D-Mo.) unloaded on Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) on Wednesday for "using the race card” after Ocasio-Cortez accused Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) of being racially insensitive.

    Clay, a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, fumed at Ocasio-Cortez and the group of progressive lawmakers that includes Reps. Rashida Tlaib (Mich.), Ilhan Omar (Minn.) and Ayanna Pressley (Mass.).

    “What a weak argument, because you can’t get your way and because you’re getting pushback you resort to using the race card? Unbelievable. That’s unbelievable to me,” Clay said. “I could care less. I could really care less. I agree with the Speaker. Four people, four votes out of 240 people, who cares.”

    In an interview with The Washington Post on Wednesday, Ocasio-Cortez accused Pelosi of singling out newly elected women of color.

    Pelosi had previously been dismissive of the four freshman female lawmakers, saying that despite their large presence on social media, they only account for four votes in the Democratic caucus.

    “It shows you how weak their argument is when they have to resort and direct racist accusations toward Speaker Pelosi … it’s very disappointing to me,” Clay said.

    The Missouri Democrat also described Ocasio-Cortez’s chief of staff Saikat Chakrabarti and the progressive group Justice Democrats as “juvenile” and “ignorant.”

    The Justice Democrats have endorsed a progressive primary challenger against Clay and other centrist Democrats. Chakrabarti last week sent out a tweet comparing centrist Democrats to "new Southern Democrats" that "certainly seem hell bent to do to black and brown people today what the old Southern Democrats did in the 40s."

    “It shows you how ignorant and little history [Chakrabarti] knows, how ignorant he is to American history. How dare he,” Clay said.

    “They’re missing the fact that we have a very thin margin of a majority that we’re operating under and apparently it doesn’t matter to Justice Democrats, they just want to get skins. They want to score points for whatever reason. But I find it juvenile, their tactics, I find their ignorance to be beyond belief about American history and about who are really segregationists. And so how dare they try to play the race card at this point, it shows you the weakness of their arguments.”


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  12. #3792
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    15,245
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Damn that's kinda rough. He's just a lil old school, lil old school flavoring, lol, it's all good. He's an individual, so long as it makes it's way out the system, it's ok. We getting there...
    Hell yeah it's rough. I have little patience for boomers who like to pretend that they didn't come of age in the easiest time in america, that they didn't **** the environment, and feel like if anyone gets something today that they aren't it's a travesty (They are essentially everything they claim millennials of... Entitled.) So yes working it's way out of the system through life expectancy.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  13. #3793
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,813
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    What freedoms have been given up????
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    He won’t respond to this
    You guys are joking right? Like, you HAVE to be joking. No one can seriously question whether we gave up rights for security with the DHS and the Patriot Act. It's not possible to be that ignorant.

    Wow, I guess it is.

    Just for the record, how about the Government illegally spying on your emails and phone calls, or storing your call information? None of that is legal.


    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    It’s not an argument at all, just wondering how they can be good at one thing as you say but clueless at something else.

    I’m pretty sure that the ineptitude goes across the board. I’m not comfortable with them doing either....
    This is really not that hard a concept to understand. The Government is good at some things and terrible at others. The reasoning is simple. The Government is comprised of tens of thousands of people and thousands of different programs. It's not like the same guy screwing up our security is implementing our healthcare. Like any company or organization of sufficient size, you will have top performing departments and lower performing departments.

    I get you're not comfortable with them doing either, but you don't seem to have gone completely down the reducto ad absurdum road you are travelling on. If the government is ALWAYS inept, why do we put the government in charge of our nukes? Or our military? Surely those must be badly handled if everything the Government touches is terrible.

    Are you in favor of privatizing the handling of our nuclear arsenal and our military due to the Government's ineptitude?

  14. #3794
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Hell yeah it's rough. I have little patience for boomers who like to pretend that they didn't come of age in the easiest time in america, that they didn't **** the environment, and feel like if anyone gets something today that they aren't it's a travesty (They are essentially everything they claim millennials of... Entitled.) So yes working it's way out of the system through life expectancy.
    "Boomers" clearly know the difference between "entitled" and "earned." You would think Professor Ponytail would have taught you that. Guess not.

    Boomers are also very generous. We offer free transportation to the airport for all those who dislike living here. Just pick up the phone and dial S N O W F L A K E S to make your arrangements. If that line is busy, try the alternate line at A M C L U E L E S S.

  15. #3795
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    15,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    "Boomers" clearly know the difference between "entitled" and "earned." You would think Professor Ponytail would have taught you that. Guess not.

    Boomers are also very generous. We offer free transportation to the airport for all those who dislike living here. Just pick up the phone and dial S N O W F L A K E S to make your arrangements. If that line is busy, try the alternate line at A M C L U E L E S S.
    Yeah the boomers earned everything they got as they moved through the easiest time economically in the history of not just this country... but the whole world. ha ha ha. Whatever... Like I said they will die and the world will move on and try to fix itself from their pestilence.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •