Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 244 of 515 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 7712
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Bolded…sort of like Trump offering up solutions to the immigration problem and the dems offering nothing.
    1. That's not true. Dems have addressed immigration routinely for as long as you can remember. Just because they don't support building a pointless wall, doesn't mean they don't have immigration policy
    2. That's one issue. Trump's all but staked his Presidency on immigration, but it's one issue. One issue that the right does have policy for, absolutely. ****** policy, but it is something!
    Last edited by ManRam; 05-21-2019 at 02:00 PM.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    1. That's not true. Dems have addressed immigration routinely for as long as you can remember. Just because they don't support building a pointless wall, doesn't mean they don't have immigration policy
    2. That's one issue. Trump's all but staked his Presidency on immigration, but it's one issue. One issue that the right does have policy for, absolutely. ****** policy, but it is something!
    That's great news…what's their plan???

That's great news…what's their plan???
    Your ignorance is not my problem to solve. Go to google. I hear it can help.

A large part of Obama's 2008 platform was immigration reform, and in office he did a lot in regards to immigration. It's all right there. DACA was his baby, but he cracked down very hard on immigration himself, a fact well-documented by supporters of Trump in an effort to defend Trump's own policy. There is A LOT of policy there. Did it all work? Not perfectly.

A quick check on the 2020 front runners and Bernie, Pete, Joe, Beto, Elizabeth, etc...they all have immigration sections on their campaign pages. Many of them are on the record more completely.

Immigration is a complex issue. Just because you do not support a wall, separating children, ending asylum, establishing concentration camps, etc. doesn't mean you don't have solutions. The wall especially. A wasteful band-aid that does nothing to address the core issues that are causing the mass immigration we are seeing from Central America. Problems that are largely caused by woefully terrible US foreign policy decisions. A bipartisan failure. If we're interested in helping stabilize the region and help lift those countries up, then I'd agree: no one has any solutions to that. Especially not Trump.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam;32953240[B
    ]Your ignorance is not my problem to solve. Go to google. I hear it can help.
    [/B]
    A large part of Obama's 2008 platform was immigration reform, and in office he did a lot in regards to immigration. It's all right there. DACA was his baby, but he cracked down very hard on immigration himself, a fact well-documented by supporters of Trump in an effort to defend Trump's own policy. There is A LOT of policy there. Did it all work? Not perfectly.

A quick check on the 2020 front runners and Bernie, Pete, Joe, Beto, Elizabeth, etc...they all have immigration sections on their campaign pages. Many of them are on the record more completely.

Immigration is a complex issue. Just because you do not support a wall, separating children, ending asylum, establishing concentration camps, etc. doesn't mean you don't have solutions. The wall especially. A wasteful band-aid that does nothing to address the core issues that are causing the mass immigration we are seeing from Central America. Problems that are largely caused by woefully terrible US foreign policy decisions. A bipartisan failure. If we're interested in helping stabilize the region and help lift those countries up, then I'd agree: no one has any solutions to that. Especially not Trump.
    Bolded…Just say you don't know what their plan is. It's OK.

"The Wall"

If Trump never mentioned the phrase "The Wall" as part of his campaign "The Wall" would have been built by now. As it now stands "The Wall" is forever linked to Trump and the dems will not give in on this as it will allow Trump to fulfill a campaign promise and they will not allow that to haopoen.

It has nothing to do with cost (drop in the bucket) or whether or not it will help to prevent illegals (it will). The dems just won't give in.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Money? To me if just seems to be about controlling narratives. If you look at the average trump supporter they will usually have a lot of hate in their heart for a Muslim, or a Latina, so these are the perfect characters to get them all frenzied and riled up over.
    It's always about money and power.

Bolded…Just say you don't know what their plan is. It's OK.

"The Wall"

If Trump never mentioned the phrase "The Wall" as part of his campaign "The Wall" would have been built by now. As it now stands "The Wall" is forever linked to Trump and the dems will not give in on this as it will allow Trump to fulfill a campaign promise and they will not allow that to haopoen.

It has nothing to do with cost (drop in the bucket) or whether or not it will help to prevent illegals (it will). The dems just won't give in.
    So you've diverted from the democrats not having a plan on immigration to complaining about the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    So you've diverted from the democrats not having a plan on immigration to complaining about the wall.
    I haven't diverted from anything. Nice try.

What is the dems plan for immigration? If it includes "open borders" that's now really a plan.

Trump put out a sensible, logical plan past week. What did the dems come up with?

What is the dems plan for immigration? If it includes "open borders" that's now really a plan.

Trump put out a sensible, logical plan past week. What did the dems come up with?
    Like ManRam has said, all major democrats running for president have a plan. It's safe to assume none of them include open borders but that doesn't fit with your narrative.

Can you give an example of any Democrat running for president who wants open borders?

Can you give an example of any Democrat running for president who wants open borders?
    I seem to be hearing it all the time.

Gillibrand was very clear about it.

And…

Can you give an example of any Democrat's immigration policy????

I seem to be hearing it all the time.

Gillibrand was very clear about it.

And…

Can you give an example of any Democrat's immigration policy????
    You hear it from Donald Trump. You should use a better source

lol

You hear it from Donald Trump. You should use a better source
    No. I clearly heard it on the news.

Well if was Fox News (GASP!!!). They probably hiured a Gillibrand lookalike to make a phony statement.

And………Can you give an example of any Democrat's immigration policy????

No. I clearly heard it on the news.

Well if was Fox News (GASP!!!). They probably hiured a Gillibrand lookalike to make a phony statement.

And………Can you give an example of any Democrat's immigration policy????
    So you can or cannot give examples of prominent democrats running for president saying they want open borders?

https://berniesanders.com/issues/immigration-reform/

So you can or cannot give examples of prominent democrats running for president saying they want open borders?

https://berniesanders.com/issues/immigration-reform/
    There is this…

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...grants-1332891

No incarceration, no detaining…sounds like open borders to me.