Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 610 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124524 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    We have been operating under a fringe fraction with constant war and thinking about expanding it towards iran. For the conservative out there, running the national debt deeper for tax cuts to the super wealthly and big business and selling that as helping the average man. The racist fringe effecting government policies with the Muslim Ban. NRA effecting gun pollicies.

It comes down to which fringe you want to cater to and allot resources to.
    which leads right back to why the 2 party system is killing us. A person can't even point out one sides policy is a negative, without being accused of supporting the other side.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    eh, he kinda just says **** without even checking if it's true or not. We all know people like that, they just make claims with no basis. A politician is groomed to never be like this, so for some people, it's refreshing to have such an honest person in politics. The problem is, his facts are incorrect, and he is clearly a racist who is really only interested in leaving a footprint behind as a "big business" President. He is pissing off people at an alarming rate, and while the damage he can do isn't as bad as I thought it would be (because nobody takes him seriously), Trump isn't exactly a step in the right direction. We get extreme candidates like AOC, as a result of Trump. People are looking for the anti-Trump at this point, and she is it.

Will this quiet down come next election? Maybe. We will see what happens with the House/Senate, but I would hope what comes out of the Trump presidency, is a more united America. Sadly, he is so divisive I am not sure that is realistic to expect.
    Most of this is probably true except that I don't think he is a racist in the strict sense of the word.

I can go along with "economic racist" (for want of a better term). He has little use for the poor that fail to contribute or to advance themselves. Trump would get along just fine with a wealthy or successful black or hispanic and not so well with a poor white on welfare. He is an income and expense kind of person, maybe to the extreme.

Does that make him less than compassionate? Probably. It's just the way of the world.

I get where he is coming from. Don't like him on a personal level, but I can understand his drive to succeed.

of course they support it, without any details on how it happens. It doesn't mean it's not extreme as of now.

accusatory doesn't equal passionate.
    Considering the gross amount we spend on the military budget, anyone who says the money isn't there is lying their butt off.

And yes, when 60% of the country shows support for something, that makes it mainstream by definition.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Yes, free college is so fringe, 60% of Americans support it!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/15/ge-f...per-share.html

And no, I will never get tired of being passionate.
    I'm in favor of free 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, three car garage homes for everyone.

How much support do you think I will get?

LMAO. Hey dunce, first of all, I wasn't talking to you. I wanted to know where Sluggo heard that. And your quote says "a new face for the Democratic Party", which is a lot different than saying "a new face of the Democratic Party". The latter statement implies that she represents the Democratic Party as a whole, while the former does not imply that at all. Words matter. Keep embarrassing yourself.

it doesn't matter who you were talking to, I provided information to back up what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    How does that prove she is “everywhere”? If you google anyone with name recognition you will
    Find articles. Give me more concrete examples that she is everywhere.

how is one supposed to prove that she is "everywhere" other than knowing this by paying attention to media/social media. anyone that has paid attention to these would know that she has continually been pushed everywhere.
    ..well she was pushed everywhere. now Omarosa is being pushed all over the news.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    I did counter it. Pointing out your hypocrisy with a joke is way more interesting than engaging with someone who so clearly can't see themselves. A trump supporter complaining about politeness is like a fish who complains they are wet.
    no you did not counter what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    if she did not want to debate him then she could have politely declined, without feeling a need to be negative.
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Awwwwwwwww a Trump supporter complain that someone wasn't polite. Y'all are so cute.
    you were more specifically interested in me than what I said. own it.
    what I said had nothing to do with Trump supporters.

if you want to make some generalization that Trump supporters are not polite, that comes from the leader in Trump.. then lets also include the people from the other side that are also not polite, that also comes from their then leader in Hillary Clinton that called people deplorables. we continue to have many on the same side with insults against even Trump supporters in general.

that still doesn't address/counter what I said in Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez could have politely declined and moved on. but because of what she said this became a story.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

I'm against cancer

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I'm in favor of free 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, three car garage homes for everyone.

How much support do you think I will get?
    That's the problem with you guys, you never want serious discussion.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    it doesn't matter who you were talking to, I provided information to back up what I said.
    No you didn't. I explicitly debunked your claim.

-JFK

Even Republicans support free college, which is pretty shocking to me.
    https://theintercept.com/2017/09/21/...ernie-sanders/

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I'm against cancer
    What about AIDS?

Considering the gross amount we spend on the military budget, anyone who says the money isn't there is lying their butt off.

And yes, when 60% of the country shows support for something, that makes it mainstream by definition.
    point is, moving funding away from military to more beneficial programs isn't happening anytime soon. So yes, extreme currently. You can't just parade around with free everything unfortunately.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

and the problem with you is you degrade everyone that doesn't agree with you, and label them immediately. Calm down dude, it's a forum. I hope you aren't like you are here in real life. You can't be that abrasive and get away with it forever.

But free college tuition is serious?

The post was made in sarcasm (and you knew that) to point out that preaching free anything will get you a good following.

The base point is that nothing is free (and you know that too). Is the road in front of my house free. Sure. I don't pay a toll to drive on it so it's free…except for my real estate taxes.

So campaigning on free tuition, or free health care or free 4 bedroom homes is actually campaigning for a massive tax hike to pay for the free "stuff."

And while we're trying to look at it logically (call me madcap)…why is it that the ones who are most supportive of free anything seem to have nothing. People who actually have any thing…money, property, assets etc.…are far less supportive of free stuff since they're the ones that will pay for it.

and the problem with you is you degrade everyone that doesn't agree with you, and label them immediately. Calm down dude, it's a forum. I hope you aren't like you are here in real life. You can't be that abrasive and get away with it forever.
    LMAO you are really pathetic.

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    But free college tuition is serious?

The post was made in sarcasm (and you knew that) to point out that preaching free anything will get you a good following.

The base point is that nothing is free (and you know that too). Is the road in front of my house free. Sure. I don't pay a toll to drive on it so it's free…except for my real estate taxes.

So campaigning on free tuition, or free health care or free 4 bedroom homes is actually campaigning for a massive tax hike to pay for the free "stuff."

And while we're trying to look at it logically (call me madcap)…why is it that the ones who are most supportive of free anything seem to have nothing. People who actually have any thing…money, property, assets etc.…are far less supportive of free stuff since they're the ones that will pay for it.
    Absolutely it is.

Nobody EVER asks how we are going to pay for our endless military budget, our endless war budget, or our endless tax cuts for the wealthy. But when someone suggests that we -- God forbid -- make a 4 year college program free, which has broad support, that's when we hear about how we can't pay for it. It's pathetic and transparent and America clearly isn't falling for it.

This is not even mentioning the fact that the money saved from a program like is put back into the economy, while money thrown at the military is more like throwing the money in an incinerator.

-JFK