Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 235 of 548 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 8220
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I don’t think it’s a big mistake.
    You can’t be serious! I mean, the woman (sorry, I should have said “the kid”) mistook a democrat for a republican (although in fairness, they are in most cases very difficult to distinguish).

But, I’m telling you, this has got to be one of the biggest boners in recent history — up there with, say, the (non-existant) WMDs in Iraq!

I don’t think she is stupid. I think she made a mistake. [emoji2373].
    In modern politics mistakes are not allowed. Nor is optimism.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    In modern politics mistakes are not allowed. Nor is optimism.
    On this point, I would say that Ms. Ocasio-Cortez has one of the most optimistic viewpoints we have seen in a long time in our national political scene (compare with the juvenile “MAGA” and “Change”)

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    On this point, I would say that Ms. Ocasio-Cortez has one of the most optimistic viewpoints we have seen in a long time in our national political scene (compare with the juvenile “MAGA” and “Change”)
    Thus my point.

Thus my point.
    Agreed.

But just keep in mind that she is an “idiot” and a “moron”.

I don’t think it’s a big mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    what type of mistake would you rather call it? AOC included a tweet where she said it was GOP but the tweet she included literally said Democrat. obviously she didn't bother to read, or if she did she wasn't smart enough to understand.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez did not say anything about the Sri Lanka attack, but apparently she has an excuse. finally she said something, but someone in their position shouldn't be told to comment on a tragic incident.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    what type of mistake would you rather call it? AOC included a tweet where she said it was GOP but the tweet she included literally said Democrat. obviously she didn't bother to read, or if she did she wasn't smart enough to understand.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez did not say anything about the Sri Lanka attack, but apparently she has an excuse. finally she said something, but someone in their position shouldn't be told to comment on a tragic incident.

I feel dumber for having read this. No offense but all of this is inconsequential just like her mistake. At best its obsessive and weird and worst its petty and hateful.

Agreed.

If we go back to 2016 we'll find me pointing out that Trump saying stupid things and things that were un-true didn't make him stupid or a compulsive liar.

AOC has said a lot of dumb things and things that are wrong. Doesn't make her stupid or a compulsive liar.

In both cases it is charismatic people riling up their base.

I can't stand Trumps face or to hear him speak so AOC has that above him at the very least.

If we go back to 2016 we'll find me pointing out that Trump saying stupid things and things that were un-true didn't make him stupid or a compulsive liar.

AOC has said a lot of dumb things and things that are wrong. Doesn't make her stupid or a compulsive liar.

In both cases it is charismatic people riling up their base.

I can't stand Trumps face or to hear him speak so AOC has that above him at the very least.
    Also agreed.

I have no idea if Trump is a stupid moron. I do know that he has said and done stupid and moronic things (so have I; so has Ocasio-Cortez).

All that said, she has put some things on the table that needed to be put on the table (whether she is right or wrong is up for debate, but at least there is a debate to be had because of her). Call the Green New Deal what you will, but I’m perfectly happy to argue its substance.

Anyone else see the irony of Special hammering AOC for being an idiot for her twitter mistake and in the other thread he is saying how Trump's twitter mistake was no big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Anyone else see the irony of Special hammering AOC for being an idiot for her twitter mistake and in the other thread he is saying how Trump's twitter mistake was no big deal?
    That's just standard fnk

With a name like Ocasio-Cortez how could she NOT be Muslim or hate Christians.

I feel dumber for having read this. No offense but all of this is inconsequential just like her mistake. At best its obsessive and weird and worst its petty and hateful.
    generally I could agree that some random politician not saying something isn't news, but AOC is someone who will talk about anything. she is like Trump in that she will speak on any situation, so when she doesn't bother to speak about a specific incident then it gets attention.

lets look at both examples.

Trump said 138 million, rather than just 138 people. his mistake was including million, which I did say should be criticized, and I'm the one that brought it up in the first place.

I see this comparable to a spelling mistake, while sure it deserves to be criticized it's not that important.
    what was AOC's mistake? she called someone GOP when it said right in the tweet she included that he was a Democrat. sorry but that is worse.

I can criticize both AOC on many things and Trump on many things. have you criticized AOC?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

lets look at both examples.

Trump said 138 million, rather than just 138 people. his mistake was including million, which I did say should be criticized, and I'm the one that brought it up in the first place.

what was AOC's mistake? she called someone GOP when it said right in the tweet she included that he was a Democrat. sorry but that is worse.
    Special in a nutshell: What they did was the same but the Liberal doing it was worse.

If you really want to go down that road, it wasn't really a spelling mistake from Trump so much as adding an additional word that didn't need to be there. I'd point out that anyone with half a brain would probably realize a terrorist attack wouldn't have killed a million people let alone 138 million. That is larger than the entire population in Sri Lanka by over 100 million. So it's not so much the fact he added an extraneous word, it's that he couldn't comprehend how ridiculous it is to believe for even one second that a terrorist attack short of the aliens in Independence Day would kill 138 million people.

Special in a nutshell: What they did was the same but the Liberal doing it was worse.

If you really want to go down that road, it wasn't really a spelling mistake from Trump so much as adding an additional word that didn't need to be there. I'd point out that anyone with half a brain would probably realize a terrorist attack wouldn't have killed a million people let alone 138 million. That is larger than the entire population in Sri Lanka by over 100 million. So it's not so much the fact he added an extraneous word, it's that he couldn't comprehend how ridiculous it is to believe for even one second that a terrorist attack short of the aliens in Independence Day would kill 138 million people.
    Trump was wrong for what he said, you know like how I brought it up first and said he deserves to be criticized for it. it was idiotic to say 138 million. but he did delete that tweet and have another one without that word.

I can criticize both AOC on many things and Trump on many things. have you criticized AOC?

valade16 you are obviously aware of what AOC did, so when do you criticize her for it?
    even Crovash is against it.
    You can’t be serious! I mean, the woman (sorry, I should have said “the kid”) mistook a democrat for a republican (although in fairness, they are in most cases very difficult to distinguish).

But, I’m telling you, this has got to be one of the biggest boners in recent history — up there with, say, the (non-existant) WMDs in Iraq!
    Agreed.

it shouldn't be so hard to be bipartisan and criticize people where it's due.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯