Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 233 of 610 FirstFirst ... 133183223231232233234235243283333 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 9139
  1. #3481
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    15,233
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    There's also the Hippocratic Oath. I agree, thinking that under any new health proposal there's going to be the ability to refuse service to patients, be they legal or illegal, who need emergency care is fear mongering.
    but that repeated emergency care often costs more than giving someone actual care.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  2. #3482
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    66,118
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Again, the market determines what a position is worth to a corporation. Part of that worth is incentives. Companies would prefer to offer healthcare incentives instead of salary. Employees can choose to be in or out of the company’s plan.
    You sound like Jan Brady “market, market, market”


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #3483
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    15,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The failures of drug R&D and the massive expense are major reasons they are so expensive. Greed is also certainly a reason. And the total lack of transparency of the costs. When I had Kaiser health care the people in the pharmacy literally didn't know what the listed cost of the drugs were ... they could tell me what my co-pay was, but not the booked price. I found that one of the prescriptions I was filling for $50 a month Kaiser was booking an expenditure of nearly $6k a month for ... I don't believe they were actually spending that money but they got to report that they were.

    The FDA is part of what is making things so expensive. The lack of checks on cost and the lack of transparency are also part of the issue.
    I'm sorry This shows a lack of foresight. There is a reason why the FDA is so hard to get drugs past. And that is these companies can not be trusted. The impetus for the current system was Thalidomide in the late 50s... You have buried Vioxx evidence that it causes strokes and heart attacks. You have the cluster **** that is the opioid crisis. You have the buried withdrawal syndrome from Paxil and Other SSRIs. Look at this ****.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...al_settlements

    **** those people. We do not need them to make the drugs. A huge % of the drugs that make it to market start due to NIH funding for basic research. Put those folks in charge (they do most of the work up to stage 3 clinical trials anyway)

    You also left out the fact that most of these companies are spending 1 dollar in marketing for every 2 in R and D. They do not act in our best interest. I think the Hippocratic oath is lame (Do no harm... **** that... we should be required to do good, in health care at least) but I want the people making my medical treatment to at least have sworn to do that much.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  4. #3484
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    41,489
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    I'm sorry This shows a lack of foresight. There is a reason why the FDA is so hard to get drugs past. And that is these companies can not be trusted. The impetus for the current system was Thalidomide in the late 50s... You have buried Vioxx evidence that it causes strokes and heart attacks. You have the cluster **** that is the opioid crisis. You have the buried withdrawal syndrome from Paxil and Other SSRIs. Look at this ****.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...al_settlements

    **** those people. We do not need them to make the drugs. A huge % of the drugs that make it to market start due to NIH funding for basic research. Put those folks in charge (they do most of the work up to stage 3 clinical trials anyway)

    You also left out the fact that most of these companies are spending 1 dollar in marketing for every 2 in R and D. They do not act in our best interest. I think the Hippocratic oath is lame (Do no harm... **** that... we should be required to do good, in health care at least) but I want the people making my medical treatment to at least have sworn to do that much.
    I didn't leave out the marketing expenses. There were several posts about it.

    I didn't say we should do away with the FDA, but I do think it's bloated beyond a reasonable level.

  5. #3485
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    15,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I didn't leave out the marketing expenses. There were several posts about it.

    I didn't say we should do away with the FDA, but I do think it's bloated beyond a reasonable level.
    I disagree... We need that regulation because they are dealing with one of the most nefarious group of organizations in the business world. Honestly we don't need the pharmaceutical companies. You want to do away with the FDA... Do away with Pharma. You seem to think the insurance companies need to go... I say get rid of that **** too... 95% of what they do is repackage the same drug for a new function, or make one tiny tweek create essentially the same drug and then market it like it's better. And as I said most of the innovative basic science is done by the NIH anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  6. #3486
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,818
    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oca...t-gop-democrat

    AOC suffers social media gaffe by criticizing photo of 'GOP' politician who is actually a Democrat
    One of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's, D-N.Y., tweets seemed to backfire on Thursday when she tried attacking Republicans over a picture of a politician stood next to a cardboard cutout of her.

    "GOP: Let's pose our older male members next to cardboard cutouts of young female legislators," she tweeted. Her tweet included a post from the Republican Party of Kentucky. However, the politician pictured was Democratic Rep. John Yarmuth, Ky., not a Republican as she claimed.

    Ocasio-Cortez later deleted the tweet but not before critics pointed out the gaffe on Twitter.



    "It literally says in the tweet that she is quoting that Yarmuth is a Democrat," writer Ryan Saavedra tweeted.

    "1st grade readers are in fact the worst," Matt Whitlock, a senior advisor to the National Republican Senatorial Committee, tweeted. He was knocking Ocasio-Cortez for one of her earlier tweets in which she called pundits "first graders" for apparently misinterpreting her comments on voting rights for prisoners.

    This wasn't the first time the freshman congresswoman appeared to mix up her political parties. While appearing in a video with Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., she enthusiastically declared that she would turn a Kansas house seat "red" — the color often representing the Republican Party.

    In 2018, she also faced criticism after she suggested that the government could pay for a large portion of Medicare-for-all by transferring "$21 trillion" in Pentagon "financial transactions" — a claim that fact checkers disputed.

    Ocasio-Cortez has been portrayed as one of the leaders of the progressive wing in the Democratic Party. She, along with Sanders, has received intense criticism for policy proposals like the "Green New Deal."



    https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/pol...228901989.html

    Rep. John Yarmuth, the sole Democrat in the Kentucky congressional delegation, is seeking to halt all new mountaintop coal removal mining permits until federal officials investigate potential health effects.

    The issue has momentum in a Democratic-led House eager to challenge Trump administration policies. House Natural Resources Committee chairman Reps. Raúl Grijalva, D-Arizona, who is anxious to counter policies he sees as harmful to the environment, and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-New York, are backing the legislation.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  7. #3487
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,341
    This kid is dumb as a bag of hammers.

    For anyone who thinks their vote doesn't matter…………

    This moron was elected in a district that (according to Pelosi) would elect a glass of water if it was a democrat. In the democratic primary she won that by about 4,000 votes. And primaries are notorious for having low turnouts. (Side note…in the Bronx portion of her district [where she lives] she won by a few hundred votes.) If 2,000 people would have switched their vote to the other guy (Crowley) AOC would have lost.

    None of this is intended to claim that she did not deserve to win or that she doesn't deserve her seat. She won fair and square.

    It is intended to point out how such small things can have a great impact. Look at the amount of publicity this kid has gotten over a four month period. She is having a major impact on the democratic party and policy planks will be written with her in mind. If she is re-elected (a probability) she will eventually rise to an important committee position.

    A tiny swing in votes or a better turnout in her primary and she is back to shaking margaritas.

    Anyone who thinks their vote doesn't count is misinformed and naive.

    Always vote.

  8. #3488
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,675
    ooo he underlined something. neat
    Last edited by FlakeyFool; 04-26-2019 at 12:20 PM.

  9. #3489
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,341
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    ooo he underlined something. neat
    What is your point, exactly?

  10. #3490
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    What is your point, exactly?
    I fixed it for ya

  11. #3491
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Modesto
    Posts
    2,823
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Ï͑̾͌̀̕ f̉̿͝i͐̿̇͑͊͝ẋ̇̄̎̋̕e͊́̕d͂̿̀͆͌̕ i͐̆̕t̀̅͐̈́͌̕ f̛̈́̒̀o͗͛͡r̓̀̈́͐̓͝ y̆̓̕a̛͗̆̎̚
    there you go, in Zargo

    t̰h̰ḛr̰ḛ ̰y̰o̰ṵ ̰g̰o̰,̰ ̰ḭn̰ ̰Z̰a̰r̰g̰o̰ double UL

  12. #3492
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    66,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    This kid is dumb as a bag of hammers.

    For anyone who thinks their vote doesn't matter…………

    This moron was elected in a district that (according to Pelosi) would elect a glass of water if it was a democrat. In the democratic primary she won that by about 4,000 votes. And primaries are notorious for having low turnouts. (Side note…in the Bronx portion of her district [where she lives] she won by a few hundred votes.) If 2,000 people would have switched their vote to the other guy (Crowley) AOC would have lost.

    None of this is intended to claim that she did not deserve to win or that she doesn't deserve her seat. She won fair and square.

    It is intended to point out how such small things can have a great impact. Look at the amount of publicity this kid has gotten over a four month period. She is having a major impact on the democratic party and policy planks will be written with her in mind. If she is re-elected (a probability) she will eventually rise to an important committee position.

    A tiny swing in votes or a better turnout in her primary and she is back to shaking margaritas.

    Anyone who thinks their vote doesn't count is misinformed and naive.

    Always vote.
    You are so jealous of this women


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  13. #3493
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,341
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You are so jealous of this women


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do yourself a favor.

    Show someone else my post that you are referring to and ask them to explain it to you because you don't seem to be getting the point.

  14. #3494
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    It is intended to point out how such small things can have a great impact.
    And the country is the better for it.
    Last edited by Crovash; 04-26-2019 at 04:15 PM.

  15. #3495
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    66,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Do yourself a favor.

    Show someone else my post that you are referring to and ask them to explain it to you because you don't seem to be getting the point.
    Other young minority women will gain fame, success, and intelligence, beyond what you have. It’s alright


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •