Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 229 of 598 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 8962
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    A lot of insurance companies will give rebates for going to the gym. Smokers and obese folks will deal with increased premiums. They really should flip it, if you go get a test and you have no nicotine or cotinine in your system you should get a non-smoker discount. Everyone should start at the higher price so we can see the difference.
    my bad, forgot the amount coming out of my paycheck would drop $30 per pay period.....

dude, it's beyond small potatoes. REAL discounts for fitness levels, non smoking, and any cost that can be associated to choices should be available. I should NOT pay near the same for a guy my age who smokes and is fat. And while I don't in some companies, the ratio is totally out of whack.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    can you link me (or just tell me the post #) to that post?
    Started at 3337 and Scots and I went back and forth about it for about the next 2 pages. It is an interesting idea no doubt/.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

my bad, forgot the amount coming out of my paycheck would drop $30 per pay period.....

dude, it's beyond small potatoes. REAL discounts for fitness levels, non smoking, and any cost that can be associated to choices should be available. I should NOT pay near the same for a guy my age who smokes and is fat. And while I don't in some companies, the ratio is totally out of whack.
    I'd go out on a limb and say that if you are 30 even 45 the difference in health costs are minimal, even between a smoker or not (i tried to find a graph of the risk of heart attack by year smoker vs not). It's not till you get past 50 or 60 that you really start to see real big differences in health costs... What's going to be the really big health costs @ 40... well things like car accidents etc.

In fact if you are regularly running, working out there are health costs you might incur because of those hobbies. I'm pretty sure the actuaries have that **** down to a science.

Also this is why single payer makes the most sense. The truth is you will still be paying too much... (except that if taxes of crap food and cigs and alcohol went to health care that is) but you wouldn't see it.

You would still have all those other benefits for not being a slub... More energy, longer life, better quality of life.

I'd go out on a limb and say that if you are 30 even 45 the difference in health costs are minimal, even between a smoker or not (i tried to find a graph of the risk of heart attack by year smoker vs not). It's not till you get past 50 or 60 that you really start to see real big differences in health costs... What's going to be the really big health costs @ 40... well things like car accidents etc.

In fact if you are regularly running, working out there are health costs you might incur because of those hobbies. I'm pretty sure the actuaries have that **** down to a science.
    right, but preventative is the name of the game to me. If you are actively doing things that we know will prevent issues later (nothing is guaranteed obviously), your rates should reflect it.

I LOVE the idea of taxes for smokes, booze, fast food joints, or anything clearly unhealthy, going towards medical costs.

My father in law took terrible care of himself throughout life. He is a pile of **** because of it, and I imagine his medical costs are just through the roof. All because of choices. He should have paid WAY more into the system than a person his age that took care of himself, like my Dad.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

A lot of insurance companies will give rebates for going to the gym. Smokers and obese folks will deal with increased premiums. They really should flip it, if you go get a test and you have no nicotine or cotinine in your system you should get a non-smoker discount. Everyone should start at the higher price so we can see the difference.
    When I sign up for yearly healthcare my group shows exactly what that yearly difference is.

The only thing is it’s just a testimonial. So I really wonder if even smokers pay the smoking premium at all really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

3-5% National Sales tax on everything. Food, medical, tuition etc. All funds go to medical care.

Everyone pays it. Even the poor (them again).

Every citizen (key word citizen) gets a National Health card.

Everyone even the poor (them again) pays a $3,000 deductible. National Health Card (Gasp! Nazism!!!!) must be produced for health care. No exceptions under any circumstances.

Anyone who does not pay the deductible has money deducted from their income. Make it easy for the doctor/hospital etc. to contact an employer to deduct the amount owed from their pay at reasonable amounts until the debt is made. People on assistance have it reduced until their deductible amount is covered.

Everyone pays, everyone has coverage.

Employers that want to lure better employers can come up with better policies if they want to at their expense.

Problem solved.

Everyone is happy. We don;'t need Bernie.

Now we can concentrate on AOC's plan for a rope ladder to the space station.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    3-5% National Sales tax on everything. Food, medical, tuition etc. All funds go to medical care.

Everyone pays it. Even the poor (them again).

Every citizen (key word citizen) gets a National Health card.

Everyone even the poor (them again) pays a $3,000 deductible. National Health Card (Gasp! Nazism!!!!) must be produced for health care. No exceptions under any circumstances.

Anyone who does not pay the deductible has money deducted from their income. Make it easy for the doctor/hospital etc. to contact an employer to deduct the amount owed from their pay at reasonable amounts until the debt is made. People on assistance have it reduced until their deductible amount is covered.

Everyone pays, everyone has coverage.

Employers that want to lure better employers can come up with better policies if they want to at their expense.

Problem solved.

Everyone is happy. We don;'t need Bernie.

Now we can concentrate on AOC's plan for a rope ladder to the space station.
    Idea crashed before takeoff.

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    When I sign up for yearly healthcare my group shows exactly what that yearly difference is.

The only thing is it’s just a testimonial. So I really wonder if even smokers pay the smoking premium at all really.

They do. Trust me they squeze every cent they can.

right, but preventative is the name of the game to me. If you are actively doing things that we know will prevent issues later (nothing is guaranteed obviously), your rates should reflect it.

I LOVE the idea of taxes for smokes, booze, fast food joints, or anything clearly unhealthy, going towards medical costs.

My father in law took terrible care of himself throughout life. He is a pile of **** because of it, and I imagine his medical costs are just through the roof. All because of choices. He should have paid WAY more into the system than a person his age that took care of himself, like my Dad.
    There is so much shifting of jobs and health care the insurance company is unlikely to see that benefit. By the time you have a heart attack you will likely be working somewhere else or retired and with DIFFERENT health insurance. So as an insurance company why would I give you money today so you can save someone else in the future money?

Using children as political joke props. And it's not even funny. Disgusting.

Seriously the comedy police should come arrest her parents.
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

There is so much shifting of jobs and health care the insurance company is unlikely to see that benefit. By the time you have a heart attack you will likely be working somewhere else or retired and with DIFFERENT health insurance. So as an insurance company why would I give you money today so you can save someone else in the future money?
    well yeah, which is why I think universal health care is needed. We could essentially be a "customer" from age 0-death.

well yeah, which is why I think universal health care is needed. We could essentially be a "customer" from age 0-death.
    Scoots's plan would be kind of a single payer.

can you link me (or just tell me the post #) to that post?
    You pay into a savings account via withholding from your pay check. Once the account is full the withholding stops. Until you see a doctor you spend nothing on health care ever. If you go to see a doctor you can shop the doctor to save money or for the doctor you want for any one issue, nothing locks you in. When you spend on health care your withholding starts again until the account is full. The incentive to be healthy is that it's like getting a raise when you don't go to the doctor. The most common reasons to visit doctors when healthy (flu shots, physical) will be the most competitive and therefore the cheapest.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Idea crashed before takeoff.
    It would probably work. Everyone pays their fair share.. Everyone has the same deductible.

Without a deductible you will get people at the doctor's office getting their toenails clipped and the system being billed $250.