Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 218 of 610 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318 ... LastLast
Results 3,256 to 3,270 of 9139
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post

During slavery, the entire south was made of Democrats. They maintained their control in the south until the 80s/90s.

Is the south more or less racist than they were during slavery? Immediately After slavery?

So as the south has become more republican, they’ve got less racist...I wonder why
    You probably do not want to go down this rabbit hole, especially if your understanding of American political history is as superficial as these comments indicate.

For a teaser, let me note that the all of the Electoral College votes in the entire south in 1820 — during slavery — went to the candidate from the Democratic-Republican Party. And in 1840 and 1848 most EC votes from the south went to the Whig Party.
    Last edited by Crovash; 04-16-2019 at 04:38 PM.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It does explain why Joey is so fanatically Republican. If I thought Democrats were secretly trying to enslave the US population, I'd be a Republican too.
    But joey's not fanatically republican he just thinks democrats are evil dictators who enslave people with promises of health care and 500 bucks a month.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    But joey's not fanatically republican he just thinks democrats are evil dictators who enslave people with promises of health care and 500 bucks a month.
    You should really read all the posts before responding...

I’m not throwing out propaganda. I’m calling Dems out on their nonsense. Someone has to...
    Yeah there's no one anywhere who does that. Did you find a stash of cocaine today?

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    You probably do not want to go down this rabbit hole, especially if your understanding of American political history is as superficial as these comments indicate.

For a teaser, let me note that the all of the Electoral College votes in the entire south in 1820 — during slavery — went to the candidate from the Democratic-Republican Party. And in 1840 and 1848 most EC votes from the south went to the Whig Party.
    Please don’t move the discussion in a different direction without answering questions I asked.

You should really read all the posts before responding...
    You should write some more posts for me to read they are entertaining. I mean seriously you are getting a little looney tunes here

Please don’t move the discussion in a different direction without answering questions I asked.
    Let me translate for the masses. Please don't correct me while I make wild generalizations.

Yeah there's no one anywhere who does that. Did you find a stash of cocaine today?
    There’s not many here who do...

You should write some more posts for me to read they are entertaining. I mean seriously you are getting a little looney tunes here
    I’m nothing if I’m not entertaining. But I understand the “attack the messenger” approach. It’s worked well on PSD.

Let me translate for the masses. Please don't correct me while I make wild generalizations.
    No just that if we are going to have a discussion, let’s have a discussion.

No just that if we are going to have a discussion, let’s have a discussion.
    You don't get to control the discussion.... IF you say X is the truth... someone can say no i's not. That's how discussion works. You are not the moderator of a talk show.

Yes, democrats want the government to control healthcare as well as control the means of production in order to maintain whatever power they believe they have. That’s far different than saying they want slaves.

During slavery, the entire south was made of Democrats. They maintained their control in the south until the 80s/90s.

Is the south more or less racist than they were during slavery? Immediately After slavery?

So as the south has become more republican, they’ve got less racist...I wonder why
    First Bolded: Yes, the South was made up of Democrats. Today it is made up of Republicans. What do you think happened? That all the Democrats in the South moved to the North and all the Republicans moved to the South? Or do you think maybe what party they belonged to changed?

Second Bolded: Nice argument Charlie Kirk, unfortunately it's a terrible one. Yes, the South has gotten less racist over time, but so has the entire country, Democrats included. The key here is that Republicans are the more racist party of the less racist United States, so while the US was getting less racist, Republicans are still the most racist of the less racist society.

Not to mention the inverse would then be true as well. If the South got less racist as it became more Republican, the North got less racist as it became more Democrat... I wonder why?

But as to the point of racism, I do enjoy squeamish Republicans trying to somehow insinuate the party that 85% of black people vote for is the more racist one. If that were true, how come black people don't believe you?

You don't get to control the discussion.... IF you say X is the truth... someone can say no i's not. That's how discussion works. You are not the moderator of a talk show.
    Then there is no discussion. I asked specific questions as well as made points. He chose to ask questions and disagree with the points I made. So I’ll ask you the question:

If we can agree that the south is less racist today than they were from the time of slavery how is it that as the south grew more republican, it became less racist if republicans are racist?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    First Bolded: Yes, the South was made up of Democrats. Today it is made up of Republicans. What do you think happened? That all the Democrats in the South moved to the North and all the Republicans moved to the South? Or do you think maybe what party they belonged to changed?

Second Bolded: Nice argument Charlie Kirk, unfortunately it's a terrible one. Yes, the South has gotten less racist over time, but so has the entire country, Democrats included. The key here is that Republicans are the more racist party of the less racist United States, so while the US was getting less racist, Republicans are still the most racist of the less racist society.

Not to mention the inverse would then be true as well. If the South got less racist as it became more Republican, the North got less racist as it became more Democrat... I wonder why?

But as to the point of racism, I do enjoy squeamish Republicans trying to somehow insinuate the party that 85% of black people vote for is the more racist one. If that were true, how come black people don't believe you?
    Please don’t try to make this a “big switch” argument. That point has been proven a falsehood time after time.

It’s much more likely that as the country became less racist, the priorities of the people of the south aligned more with the religious and economic values of the Republican Party.

The north has been split over the same time period in state and local elections.

It’s really sad that your statement regarding the % of black people who vote democrat is true. More and more black people are leaving the democrat party though. I guess in the meantime, they are satisfied with people like AOC belittling them.

Then there is no discussion. I asked specific questions as well as made points. He chose to ask questions and disagree with the points I made. So I’ll ask you the question:

If we can agree that the south is less racist today than they were from the time of slavery how is it that as the south grew more republican, it became less racist if republicans are racist?
    Correlation does not equal causation.

Did the north become less racist as it became more democratic because it was democratic?

Did the rise in veganism cause the rise in autism?

Does the rise in temperature in the summer months cause murders?

I could go on... but it seems pointless... I do understand that you 100% believe the **** you are shoveling. ANd I commend you for that.