Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 210 of 548 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 8217
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Exactly as sluggo stated. Are poor whites just poor because? Are you saying that black people are poor because of slavery but white people are poor because of their own doing? This is why the logic behind reparations is flawed. Since the civil rights act, races are suppose to be treated equally by the Govt. This wouldnít be equal at all.
    No, as I said there will always be poor people, white, black, brown, etc.

Even if slavery never happened and all the blacks in America all came here of their own volition, there would still be poor black people.

I'm not advocating reperations, if that's the context you're asking about it. However my point is in a capitalist society, on the heels of black slavery, treating all races equal puts certain demographic at a major disadvantage. So we actually need to approach different demographics differently for the betterment of our community as a whole.

Treating all races equally wouldn't be equal actually. Or else that reasoning should have held up Segregation. But the same mentality of the people who supported Segregation (separate but equal) can be seen today in those who push back against ideas like blm, where people are trying to advocate for better resources for people to help themselves.
    Last edited by nastynice; 04-10-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    What else can we do?

What else can be done?

We're all ears.
    The problem here is that you want me to see this entirely in racial terms. I see is as partly racial but mostly economic (in fact if some poor white folk woke up, theyíd see that they have been systematically oppressed as well).

What can we do? Raise taxes, big time, for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    The problem here is that you want me to see this entirely in racial terms. I see is as partly racial but mostly economic (in fact if some poor white folk woke up, theyíd see that they have been systematically oppressed as well).

Why don't you just say that you have no idea what to do.

That's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post

What happens if/when the people who you want to tax, just leave? Or most likely, figure a way around said taxes?

Also, who do we entrust to disperse this new, stolen money?

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, as I said there will always be poor people, white, black, brown, etc.

Even if slavery never happened and all the blacks in America all came here of their own volition, there would still be poor black people.

I'm not advocating reperations, if that's the context you're asking about it. However my point is in a capitalist society, on the heels of black slavery, treating all races equal puts certain demographic at a major disadvantage. So we actually need to approach different demographics differently for the betterment of our community as a whole.

Treating all races equally wouldn't be equal actually. Or else that reasoning should have held up Segregation. But the same mentality of the people who supported Segregation (separate but equal) can be seen today in those who push back against ideas like blm, where people are trying to advocate for better resources for people to help themselves.
    Segregation wasnít equal. It was defined classism based on race. Black schools didnít receive the same funding for starters.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    yep. Money trumps any color or gender.
    Main difference is how often they are stopped in their Beemer

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

My point is we were never a system of class fully decided by race. There were always poor people- white and black. We cannot claim in 2019, that one races (white) economic strife was based on their own doing (poor decisions or whatever) while another races (black) economic strife was based on slavery.
    Well Duh! It's not all ONE thing for anyone... That's silly. Everyone is a mixture of decision making and things outside their control. Racism is one of those things and it affects one group and not the other (please don't start a conversation about reverse racism). And we know the ability to move upward is greater for white people. And the safty net of wealth that prevents folks from moving downward is stronger for white people. That's not some grand coincidence.

Segregation wasnít equal. It was defined classism based on race. Black schools didnít receive the same funding for starters.
    I know, but I'm saying the same way people would ignorantly say they are separate but equal, today's version of that is all the blm pushback movements etc

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Well Duh! It's not all ONE thing for anyone... That's silly. Everyone is a mixture of decision making and things outside their control. Racism is one of those things and it affects one group and not the other (please don't start a conversation about reverse racism). And we know the ability to move upward is greater for white people. And the safty net of wealth that prevents folks from moving downward is stronger for white people. That's not some grand coincidence.
    For some (or even many) white people...but thatís still not all. I donít necessarily disagree with the rest of your statement. I do disagree that a method for fixing the issue is a hand out. Itís not, it never has been. Itís economic stability and education.

Also, why do the democrats consistently believe hand outs are a path to economic success? It almost always never works. Perhaps for them, itís more about the votes and potential power.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I know, but I'm saying the same way people would ignorantly say they are separate but equal, today's version of that is all the blm pushback movements etc
    Not wanting violence in the streets is not pushback against a movement. Itís rightly condemning a movements actions or at least some in that movement.

I was making light of one of her gaffes in which she didnít know the difference. Also and side note- this is different than a gaffe. All politicians (or people who speak for a living) make stupid gaffes that need to be corrected. This wasnít a gaffe. She obviously and quite clearly doesnít know the difference between a tax break and a government handout. She believes the government can still spend money it will no longer generate.
    I doubt it is a gaffe. Big corporations find so many loopholes and because of that dont pay their share of taxes.

The loopholes are there to benefit the wealthy.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Wasn't the tearing down of statues supposed to be whipping history clean off it's atrocities?

For some (or even many) white people...but thatís still not all. I donít necessarily disagree with the rest of your statement. I do disagree that a method for fixing the issue is a hand out. Itís not, it never has been. Itís economic stability and education.

Also, why do the democrats consistently believe hand outs are a path to economic success? It almost always never works. Perhaps for them, itís more about the votes and potential power
    What is a hand out. Is a scholarship a hand out? Tax break for a minority owned buisness? there are lots of things that might look like a hand out but one can't simply check off a box yes/no.

And You know what IS most definitely a hand out. Being born wealthy. And that seems to work really well.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    What is a hand out. Is a scholarship a hand out? Tax break for a minority owned buisness? there are lots of things that might look like a hand out but one can't simply check off a box yes/no.

And You know what IS most definitely a hand out. Being born wealthy. And that seems to work really well.
    Describe the person receiving the benefit and Iíll tell you if itís a hand out or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Describe the person receiving the benefit and Iíll tell you if itís a hand out or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thats my point... its a mixture... some people take whats given and make something of it and some people take and look for the next thing they can take and still other people are so close to drowning, that they need to fine the next thing.