Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 207 of 548 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 8218
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I guess my point is I care way less about what reps/dems/media are saying than many others on here haha. I think a lot of that stuff is going to be aimed at the left either way look at what they did with Obama, being a dem is the real issue.

It's an effective tactic because of how tribal our society is etc. but that says more about society/those people than individuals they attack.
    Yeah, I'm just talking about political tactics, not what I think personally.

If you want a clear vision as to how the democrats operarte, you won't get a better example than "reparations" for slavery.

Just talking about being for "reparations" pretty much guarantees getting back any of the black vote they may have lost and solidifies them as the party of African Americans.

They know it will never be paid so they can say whatever they want. It sounds just great…what African American would ever vote against this. But they will never get a dime. The dems are doing this with "free tuition" (never going to happen) free healthcare (never going to happen) and "livable" minimum wage (will happen and lead to massive unemployment [another fact they know and do not care about]). All of this soon to be followed by some student loan forgiveness program. The dems are good at this and an uneducated public eats it up.

Several points about reparations…

You cannot change or ameliorate history with a checkbook. Cannot be done.

There are no slaves alive today that deserve any money. No one alive today was ever in bondage.

There are no slaveowners alive today. No one alive today ever owned a slave.

There are more African Americans alive today than there were during the slave days…so how would that work out.

You can't punish descendants for perceived sins of their forbearers.

All the slaves were sold into slavery by west African nations…what is their responsibility in all this.

Many immigrants here today had nothing to do with slavery…on either side. So how would that work out.

The important points…

Every wrong that was committed has been righted as best as can be done. You just cannot go back in time and change things. Time to move on. Actually, way past time to move on.

Slavery has been abolished for over 150 years. Every opportunity for African Americans to move on has been made…there has been more than enough time to step up to the plate. There is nothing else that can be done. Money isn't going to cure anything.

Here's the biggie…granting financial reparations will tear this country apart. This is why it will never happen…and the dems know this full well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    If you want a clear vision as to how the democrats operarte, you won't get a better example than "reparations" for slavery.

Just talking about being for "reparations" pretty much guarantees getting back any of the black vote they may have lost and solidifies them as the party of African Americans.

They know it will never be paid so they can say whatever they want. It sounds just great…what African American would ever vote against this. But they will never get a dime. The dems are doing this with "free tuition" (never going to happen) free healthcare (never going to happen) and "livable" minimum wage (will happen and lead to massive unemployment [another fact they know and do not care about]). All of this soon to be followed by some student loan forgiveness program. The dems are good at this and an uneducated public eats it up.

Several points about reparations…

You cannot change or ameliorate history with a checkbook. Cannot be done.

There are no slaves alive today that deserve any money. No one alive today was ever in bondage.

There are no slaveowners alive today. No one alive today ever owned a slave.

There are more African Americans alive today than there were during the slave days…so how would that work out.

You can't punish descendants for perceived sins of their forbearers.

All the slaves were sold into slavery by west African nations…what is their responsibility in all this.

Many immigrants here today had nothing to do with slavery…on either side. So how would that work out.

The important points…

Every wrong that was committed has been righted as best as can be done. You just cannot go back in time and change things. Time to move on. Actually, way past time to move on.

Slavery has been abolished for over 150 years. Every opportunity for African Americans to move on has been made…there has been more than enough time to step up to the plate. There is nothing else that can be done. Money isn't going to cure anything.

Here's the biggie…granting financial reparations will tear this country apart. This is why it will never happen…and the dems know this full well.
    I agree with your points regarding democrats.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.

Obviously not or they would have gotten their ****ing mules.

Seriously there are people alive today who dealt with jim crow laws. There are people alive today dealing with all sorts of racial injustices. Today. (I know you don't believe this... but your lack of belief doesn't change that)

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Every opportunity for African Americans to move on has been made…

It's amazing that a full grown man, successful business man at that, can be this clueless and ignorant. It's truly baffling.

It's interesting just how different our perspectives are.

I didn't even catch that the first time. He made a good point about the democratic party but then I kinda tailed off reading his post once he entered the "back in the good old separate water fountain days.." zone
    Last edited by nastynice; 04-09-2019 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Ur phillipino! Ur more white washed than Scoots! loll
    I'm not Filipino, my Aunt (by marriage) is.

Actually everyone in my family married someone of another race, Native Americans, Asians, African Americans, Hispanic, the whole ****ing rainbow is in my family tree now.

It's amazing that a full grown man, successful business man at that, can be this clueless and ignorant. It's truly baffling.

It's interesting just how different our perspectives are.

I didn't even catch that the first time. He made a good point about the democratic party but then I kinda tailed off reading his post once he entered the "back in the good old separate water fountain days.." zone
    I'd say you're living in the bad old days more than he's living in the good old days.

Your second sentence, focus on that. Because the only people reliving those days are the people that still want racism to be like it was then so they can pound their fists on the table and belittle everyone else. Actually, I mean gather minority votes.

It was a ****ed up period in time that is long gone. It still can get much better, but **** man...
    Last edited by dbroncsinmo; 04-09-2019 at 11:36 PM.

I'd say the govt allowing slavery, and upholding that law, would be considered doing them wrong.
    The government allowed and upheld all sorts of laws, but we don't hold the government responsible for the actions nongovernment officials take.
    The government wasn't importing or using slaves.

The government actively forced Native Americans off their land. That's something you can hold the government accountable for.
    But the courts upholding laws that were on the books, that's not something you can hold the government accountable for.

And how do you hold the government accountable for this thing that no one has personally been affected by in over 150 years? By taxing everyone even people of other races who immigrated here later?

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post

Seriously there are people alive today who dealt with jim crow laws. There are people alive today dealing with all sorts of racial injustices. Today. (I know you don't believe this... but your lack of belief doesn't change that)
    Jim Crow laws aren't all the same everywhere, and the COUNTRY didn't have Jim Crow laws. Specific STATES had Jim Crow laws. Why should Washington or Idaho be held responsible for Alabama or Texas Jim Crow laws?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I'd say you're living in the bad old days more than he's living in the good old days.

Your second sentence, focus on that. Because the only people reliving those days are the people that still want racism to be like it was then so they can pound their fists on the table and belittle everyone else. Actually, I mean gather minority votes.

It was a ****ed up period in time that is long gone. It still can get much better, but **** man...
    It's not that I'm reliving the bad ol days, it's that I acknowledge the effect the bad ol days have on today. He seems to be pretty oblivious to it.

Let's be honest, if it were blacks who owned white slaves do you think the socioeconomic demographics of today would be as is? If not then how could you possibly deny the fact that yesterday does indeed effect today?

It's not that I'm reliving the bad ol days, it's that I acknowledge the effect the bad ol days have on today. He seems to be pretty oblivious to it.

Let's be honest, if it were blacks who owned white slaves do you think the socioeconomic demographics of today would be as is? If not then how could you possibly deny the fact that yesterday does indeed effect today?
    So if we are making the acknowledgement that the bad ol days impact today, where does this logic stop?

For instance, if a slave owner legally paid for a slave and that slave escaped, does that slaves current family owe money to that slave owners family?

Does Harriet Tubman and other brave people who helped slaves escape owe current slave owners families the losses their deeds may have caused?

Obviously this is ridiculous. Slavery was horrible but it’s in the past. Not to mention, if you can trace your family heritage back to slavery than you probably owe your life to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Jim Crow laws aren't all the same everywhere, and the COUNTRY didn't have Jim Crow laws. Specific STATES had Jim Crow laws. Why should Washington or Idaho be held responsible for Alabama or Texas Jim Crow laws?
    Weird angle to hit it from, but lets see how this plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    So if we are making the acknowledgement that the bad ol days impact today, where does this logic stop?

For instance, if a slave owner legally paid for a slave and that slave escaped, does that slaves current family owe money to that slave owners family?

Does Harriet Tubman and other brave people who helped slaves escape owe current slave owners families the losses their deeds may have caused?

Obviously this is ridiculous. Slavery was horrible but it’s in the past. Not to mention, if you can trace your family heritage back to slavery than you probably owe your life to it.
    The one simple fact to all of this stuff is that at some point (and that was about 50 years ago in mo opinion) you need to stop looking back, start looking ahead and begin moving forward.

There were many horrible times in the past. That's a given. The core of these times (slavery) was eliminated 150 years ago. The negative by product of slavery (Jim Crow and other segregation laws) was eliminated during the second half of the twentieth century.

It's all gone. There is nothing else left to be done. The time is long past due for all of the slighted minorities to step up and take advantage of all these changes. Looking back is useless and pointless. Slavery was evil, horrible yada, yada, yada. Everyone knows that and agrees to that fact. But it is over. There is nothing left to fix.

Numerous studies have shown that 1. Finishing High School (FREE-NO COST), 2. Avoiding out of wedlock pregnancy (FREE-NO COST) and 3. Getting Married and staying with your partner (FREE-NO COST) will greatly improve a person's chance at success.

Why not try that? (FREE-NO COST)

If anyone wants to make stupid and illogical choices when all the opportunity to succeed is all around them…why should I be expected to pay for their failures?

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post

there are PLENTY of people alive today who don't know their father because of the "war on drugs" targeting them.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    there are PLENTY of people alive today who don't know their father because of the "war on drugs" targeting them.
    I'm pretty sure Sluggo doesn't agree that laws and the legal system can be racist.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.