Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 199 of 299 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 4481
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    AOC has made many Sarah Palin-like flubs or gaffes. But then thereís real issues that sheís completely lost on- not understand how a tax break works for example.

A college term paper can be well written with good intentions but that alone isnít going to make change, especially when sheís running around like chicken little screaming the world is going to end in 12 years. Sorry but the bill seems like a power grab for the government to me. I find it odd that liberals, who are assured itís so easy for presidents to murder, be racist, collude with Russia or grab women by the p****, would want to give the Govt so much control.
    What has she said that you find so laughable? You shared one instance and I honestly thought you were being more literal and she was being more figurative. She certainly does seem to be for a bigger gov't so I can see someone like yourself disagreeing with her but she doesn't seem like an imbecile to me

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    You realize she's in a district where there is little chance she will ever lose right. She's popular in her district. You are going to be dealing with her probably till you die.
    No kidding. I'm painfully aware of that. As I said, that district would elect a monkey if it was in the democratic side.

Only hope of her getting out of congress is if someone else runs in the primary (which the republicans are trying to ensure never happens) or she runs for a higher office with more voters involved in which case she wopuld be cl;obbewredand then get hired by the View.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What has she said that you find so laughable? You shared one instance and I honestly thought you were being more literal and she was being more figurative. She certainly does seem to be for a bigger gov't so I can see someone like yourself disagreeing with her but she doesn't seem like an imbecile to me
    On the flub side (similar to Palin saying ďI can see Russia...Ē)- not knowing the difference between a red and blue state and not knowing the three chambers of government.

On a more serious side- believing the world is going to end in 12 years and trying to put forth a bill that would ban air travel while also paying anyone unwilling to work.

Also, just look at any of her interviews. She seems like a deer in headlights.
    Last edited by joeyc77; 04-03-2019 at 04:29 PM.

On the flub side (similar to Palin saying ďI can see Russia...Ē)- not knowing the difference between a red and not knowing the three chambers of government.

On a more serious side- believing the world is going to end in 12 years and trying to put forth a bill that would ban air travel while also paying anyone unwilling to work.

Also, just look at any of her interviews. She seems like a deer in headlights.
    Isn't it 3 branches of government and 36 chambers of death? Anyway, a lot of criticism I've seen seem petty, a big reach (OMG she used a plastic bag), or slightly unbelievable. Of the ones I heard the unbelievable ones are the ones that could carry weight- for example, she is looking to ban air travel. I doubt this but i''ll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    No kidding. I'm painfully aware of that. As I said, that district would elect a monkey if it was in the democratic side.

Only hope of her getting out of congress is if someone else runs in the primary (which the republicans are trying to ensure never happens) or she runs for a higher office with more voters involved in which case she wopuld be cl;obbewredand then get hired by the View.
    Maybe the republicans should investigate her for colluding with Russian. I mean, she does like communism right?

This really is quite the revealing thread ó so much antipathy towards someone who, at the end of the day (even with an exaggerated media presence), is not particularly consequential.

Sure, Ocasio-Cortez may have had a voice, but she certainly did not single-handedly cause Jeff Bezos to annul his public declaration.

She may have sponsored the Green New Deal, but she is certainly not single-handedly going to get it through Congress (largely because it isnít going to get through at all) And so what if she did?

She has made gaffes. Yup.

She rides cars. Yup.

She is young ó canít help that now, can she? And a woman. I guess she could do something about that.

She may even be stupid ó who knows (other than Sluggo, who clearly has insider information)?

She was a bartender. So are lots of good folk (and bad).

Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Another bad point.

Ugly guys that get hot chicks does not affect me or my government. This kid does.

I would think that would be fairly clear to even posters here.

Look, many of you like the fact that this nobody keeps poking the establishment and irritating many of us. She's the annoying student protester that accomplishes nothing and people soon get tired of listening to.

OK. We're stuck with her for a while longer.
    Why would her poking the establishment irritate you. I thought the trump crew was on an anti establishment binge...

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I think what he is saying is that even if people on the right seem bad/horrible the establishment rallies around them no matter what (see Trump).

With the left people like AOC/Omar get left hanging sometimes because there is some real separation between the establishment and some of the further left candidates (think Hillary/Bernie and DNC during their run for example too). So it is easier to attack said candidates because they don't have overwhelming support of either establishment (Omar talking about $ influence on politics leading to that anti hate bill lol)
    OK I see now, got ya

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    This really is quite the revealing thread ó so much antipathy towards someone who, at the end of the day (even with an exaggerated media presence), is not particularly consequential.

Sure, Ocasio-Cortez may have had a voice, but she certainly did not single-handedly cause Jeff Bezos to annul his public declaration.

She may have sponsored the Green New Deal, but she is certainly not single-handedly going to get it through Congress (largely because it isnít going to get through at all) And so what if she did?

She has made gaffes. Yup.

She rides cars. Yup.

She is young ó canít help that now, can she? And a woman. I guess she could do something about that.

She may even be stupid ó who knows (other than Sluggo, who clearly has insider information)?

She was a bartender. So are lots of good folk (and bad).

Move on.
    The right always needs a bad guy. That's their formula.

Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    You realize she's in a district where there is little chance she will ever lose right. She's popular in her district. You are going to be dealing with her probably till you die.
    Not if the DNC is actively against her.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I think what he is saying is that even if people on the right seem bad/horrible the establishment rallies around them no matter what (see Trump).

With the left people like AOC/Omar get left hanging sometimes because there is some real separation between the establishment and some of the further left candidates (think Hillary/Bernie and DNC during their run for example too). So it is easier to attack said candidates because they don't have overwhelming support of either establishment (Omar talking about $ influence on politics leading to that anti hate bill lol)
    Yes. Thank you.

And actually people on the right who don't conform get killed fast and quiet or forced into line by the right so the left never gets a chance to go after them.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    The right always needs a bad guy. That's their formula.
    They don't need a bad guy to exist, if there isn't one they make one up.

Iím talking about Palin when she ran for VP. Also, my stance is that they are similar in their lack of polish to say the least. I think that criticism of Palin was fair. I mean I know being a governor is nothing like AOCs job experiences but i still have that belief.
    If you think Palin is anything like AOC, well boy howdy I just donít know...

More reason to love her:

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If you think Palin is anything like AOC, well boy howdy I just donít know...
    Do I get to make fun of AOCs colloquialisms and mannerism too or would that be considered racist?