Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 197 of 485 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 7265
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think you missed the point. He didn't say "all" foundering father were bartenders. He said members were. The inference is that its OK if one was a bartender. Just like it its OK if one a man,white, middle aged, or Christian. I'm not sure why you made the jump to "all" but I think some of our arm chair social scientist and psychologist around here could venture a guess.
    Right…I missed the point.

Someone else points out that AOC was a bartender like a founding father and I missed the point. He didn't miss the point that bartenders, as a whole, would seem to have limited skills in running a government. Just like cab drivers, trash collectors lawn workers, file clerks and other menial (but honorable) laborers may lack the experience and qualifications to run a government.

I missed the point.

Understood.

An awful lot of points get missed around here.

Point was missed.

I missed the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post

Someone else points out that AOC was a bartender like a founding father and I missed the point. He didn't miss the point that bartenders, as a whole, would seem to have limited skills in running a government. Just like cab drivers, trash collectors lawn workers, file clerks and other menial (but honorable) laborers may lack the experience and qualifications to run a government.

I missed the point.

Understood.

Point was missed.

I missed the point.
    Especially when AOC uses her work experience as her window to the outside world like she’s done a few times while in Congress.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post

I missed the point.

Understood.

Point was missed.

I missed the point.
    Do you hate ugly guys who get hot girls too? I've never seen someone so upset by someone batting a little out of their league before. you make me like this women
    Last edited by ewing; 04-03-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Bartender AOC is the new Crooked Hillary. Consider it a sign of respect for AOC.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I didn't say any of that about you.
    Well I know YOU didn't..

Do hate ugly guys who get hot girls too? I've never seen someone so upset by someone batting a little out of their league before. you make me like this women
    He got triggered from the founding fathers being a bartender comment, lol

I don't get why the right is in such a frenzy over her.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post

Because she has made herself an easy target and the Dems have left her undefended.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    This is just a secondary source leading right back to the study that never actually says 400% increase though based on what is shown (it appears based on my link below it was posted then taken down because they couldn't back it). All I am doing is pointing out is that number appears to be fake/made up/someone reading between the lines on their own not based on actual data from the primary source/study conducted.

https://www.politifact.com/punditfac...se-400-percen/

"In November 2017, small business financing company Guidant Financial and online credit marketplace LendingClub Corporation sent out an email survey to their clientele nationwide; they received responses from about 2,600 "current and aspiring entrepreneurs." The companies both posted general articles about the results of that survey on their websites in January without making any distinctions about race or ethnicity except that 47 percent of "aspiring entrepreneurs" surveyed were minorities.

The 400 percent increase in black-owned businesses claim, however, was not made until a subsequent graphic was published on Guidant’s website on Aug. 8.

It was not clear from the released results how the companies came up with the 400 percent jump. The percentage of African-American respondents who owned businesses was not published, nor was that figure from last year.

The survey sample was not random, the response was voluntary, and the margin of error was not made public.

This graphic said it relied on the same survey data, and it highlighted the African-American business owners in the pool. The methodology the companies provided did not break down respondents by race, only saying that minorities accounted for 47 percent of aspiring entrepreneurs who responded.

PolitiFact contacted Guidant about the claim in the graphic on Aug. 21. Two days later, a new version of the graphic was posted, this time without any mention of a 400 percent increase."
    There is a link to the census data at the bottom of my post, I don't have the time or desire but much of the raw data is there to find a "real number" Also in the census data is a significant percentage increase from either 2005 or 2007 to 2012, something like 5% to 15%.

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    There is a link to the census data at the bottom of my post, I don't have the time or desire but much of the raw data is there to find a "real number" Also in the census data is a significant percentage increase from either 2005 or 2007 to 2012, something like 5% to 15%.
    This is talking about recent jump year to year not 10 years in the past and that new census isn't even up lol they only have one year of data and nothing to compare it to.

As pointed out and I even linked this time, that was fake news and the actual study took it down once questioned. The numbers you are quoting and the second article link are specifically pointing back to said study that no longer makes said claim.

The study lied/put up fake info and a couple sources reported it and a few of you guys just believed it. That doesn't make it true and pointing to more secondary sources pointing to the primary one or claiming a study that doesn't even have info up or talking about 10 years ago etc. is not going to change the facts here.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Because she has made herself an easy target and the Dems have left her undefended.
    You could say that about anyone. That's not the reason.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Do you hate ugly guys who get hot girls too? I've never seen someone so upset by someone batting a little out of their league before. you make me like this women
    And you have won the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post

I think she’s a double standard in how liberals poked at Sarah Palin for being dumb and hokey when AOC is in that same ballpark but inexperienced in life as well.

She’s also pushing a five page bill that would dramatically change the landscape of the country. And I’ve actually read the bill, since it’s only five pages.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I think she’s a double standard in how liberals poked at Sarah Palin for being dumb and hokey when AOC is in that same ballpark but inexperienced in life as well.

She’s also pushing a five page bill that would dramatically change the landscape of the country. And I’ve actually read the bill, since it’s only five pages.
    Is it really just about the green deal?

I read it too, it's actually a very well written and intended bill. I understand ciriticizing it for lacking detail and specifics, but all the rights criticisms have been way off, like twisted so hard it's almost fabricated. It makes me feel like there is something else, I don't know what.

Lol, Sarah Palin! What did AOC do that was Palin like?