Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 196 of 548 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 8217
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Atlanta is way better than it was, but yeah, it's a bit of a hot spot, but it's also got a pretty liberal base now. Not near as much as Austin though. But again, all of them are better than the past.
    Yea sure, I'm sure it is, I'm not hating on the south. It just came up in conversation and some people are saying things which clearly go against observation, so I'm just speaking my mind.

America is great. I was raised here. This is my home. I don't see why demanding more from my govt has to equate to me having some anti white or anti America stance. You guys ask your politicians for things, never bat an eye, we do and get labeled anti American or some crap. No, actually if you sit there swallowing all this propaganda bs and become a part of this dull brained circus machine that allows this govt to act like their own variant of circus, then YOU are anti American. America is supposed to be power in the hands of the people. This is what I expect from my govt.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    I'm sorry man. With my line of work I spend a shitload of time in the SE. I also pay attention and I vehemently disagree with your evaluation of the racial environment there.

If you aren't expecting it, looking for it or have the mindset that's how it is...you'd walk away with an entirely 180 outtake.
    No, it legitimately jumped out the page to right in my face. Didn't even ask for it, lmao. It's not with minorities necessarily, but it is between blacks and whites specifically. It's as though people are very aware that their ancestors were slaves. I don't get that general feel as much off of blacks from other areas, it's more like just stuff we read in books, but in the south it's like they're very aware of it. Like it hits home with the people there, you can see it, you can feel it. Which makes sense, I mean they were heavy into that stuff in the south.

Now if you feel that this stuff is dreamed up in people's heads (which some of it IS, of course, naturally), then you have the right to that opinion. But people are raised by their parents. And they were raised by their parents. Etc. Etc. Individuals can make complete 180 degree flips in their mentality in a generation, no doubt about it, but societies don't. That's not how societies work. Don't try and apply microeconomics formulas to macroeconomics. You will get the wrong answer.

Lemme let you in on a lil brown privilege secret. White people say things in front of us they don't say in front of blacks, black people say things in front of us they don't say in front of whites. We can adjust to many different situations a little easier a little more naturally, just cuz we just a lil more neutral on the race spectrum, lol. It's just reality.

Nah. He said he wasn't taking shots after he was called out for taking shots by ewing.

So someone called him out for taking shots for talking about her being a bartender. Sluggo then proceeded to explain what I just explained.

Ewing twisted his comments and you hooked your anchor to ewing's position.

You incorporate the term 'the glass is half empty' with everything you view in life.
    I know he said he wasn't taking shots after being called out by ewing, that's what I said, he claimed to not have taken shots after taking shots.

Yes, what sluggo explained was complete bull ****, as was what you explained. He was saying it as an insult. I already told you you're either lying or shockingly naive if you don't believe he was trying to say it as an insult. What I didn't already tell you is that my opinion is its the former, not the latter, left that out cuz I'm tryina make an effort to be un hostile on here, haha, but bro cmon man, be real. I gotta call you out at this point. You know he said it as insult. Saying if I want a drink I'd love to have AOC pour me a drink, lol, I even lol'd at some of them actually. Solid burns.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, it legitimately jumped out the page to right in my face. Didn't even ask for it, lmao. It's not with minorities necessarily, but it is between blacks and whites specifically. It's as though people are very aware that their ancestors were slaves. I don't get that general feel as much off of blacks from other areas, it's more like just stuff we read in books, but in the south it's like they're very aware of it. Like it hits home with the people there, you can see it, you can feel it. Which makes sense, I mean they were heavy into that stuff in the south.

Now if you feel that this stuff is dreamed up in people's heads (which some of it IS, of course, naturally), then you have the right to that opinion. But people are raised by their parents. And they were raised by their parents. Etc. Etc. Individuals can make complete 180 degree flips in their mentality in a generation, no doubt about it, but societies don't. That's not how societies work. Don't try and apply microeconomics formulas to macroeconomics. You will get the wrong answer.

Lemme let you in on a lil brown privilege secret. White people say things in front of us they don't say in front of blacks, black people say things in front of us they don't say in front of whites. We can adjust to many different situations a little easier a little more naturally, just cuz we just a lil more neutral on the race spectrum, lol. It's just reality.
    Well, with all due respect, that wasn't what you were saying earlier. You were saying that white racism against black was obvious. Now you're saying that black racism against whites is prevalent.

Based off of my 20 years of being in the SE regularly, I'm saying both statements are wrong. It is kinda what it is down there. The vast majority of black people are poor, while the vast majority of white people are poor. It's the birthplace for all of them and from my experiences, they meld very well together.

I was at a production facility in Greenville, MS 3 weeks ago and I was in a conference room with a 50/50 split on ethnicity. The blacks appropriately dominated the meeting while the white guys shook their heads up and down in the positive. I had several subpar meals that week as the only white guy in the place. I spent an hour talking to every person in there and I was treated with massive respect in kind.

They all get together beautifully down there and I did not feel ambiguity one way or the other.

Well, with all due respect, that wasn't what you were saying earlier. You were saying that white racism against black was obvious. Now you're saying that black racism against whites is prevalent.

Based off of my 20 years of being in the SE regularly, I'm saying both statements are wrong. It is kinda what it is down there. The vast majority of black people are poor, while the vast majority of white people are poor. It's the birthplace for all of them and from my experiences, they meld very well together.

I was at a production facility in Greenville, MS 3 weeks ago and I was in a conference room with a 50/50 split on ethnicity. The blacks appropriately dominated the meeting while the white guys shook their heads up and down in the positive. I had several subpar meals that week as the only white guy in the place. I spent an hour talking to every person in there and I was treated with massive respect in kind.

They all get together beautifully down there and I did not feel ambiguity one way or the other.
    Well sure, of course, that doesn't mean people don't get along down there or mix at all. Lol, not like that's on the front of everyone's mind, people are busy, they have lives, people of this race work with people of that race, get along, people are cool.

But there is a very clear, it IS the south type a mentality. People kept saying that to me whenever I was like whoa, that's weird. Like ya know, yea it's cool here, this is my home, but this IS the south.

I mean just 70 years ago people were doing lynching and all types a weird **** there, spraying people with hoses for wanting to eat at a diner. I'm not saying it to stay stuck in the past, or be anti white, I'm just trying to explain to you the reality of why there is a lil different vibe in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    http://time.com/5562050/alexandria-o...BYazkOX8n7GADU

AOC comes out against dem establishment over new primary rule. Thoughts?
    The DNC are Republicans.

No, he hasn't. That's just how you (and others) are interpreting it.

He is saying that she went from being a bartender to a a very outspoken politician overnight.

He's talking about qualifications for her current gig. Not talking negative about being a bartender.

The way people interpret comments around here is rather eye-opening.
    Diction matters.

While it evolved later into a slightly different discussion, the actual genesis of this “bartender” thing was not whether she was qualified; rather it was about what she had “accomplished.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    She's a bartender that couldn't get a job in her educated field of economics and struck it rich by rallying the underclass in her area.

Not really sure what she has accomplished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    [Ms. Ocasio-Cortez won] a legitimate election a top “position in the government of the most important nation on the planet”.

Clearly, she has accomplished far, far more than you will ever - even in your dreams.

They [referring also to Ms. Omar in addition to “the kid” — clearly not a term of respect] won elections. Not a bad accomplishment. I fully admit I couldn't do it. But as of yet , that's all they've accomplished. Not a bad start...
    The implications — obviously open to interpretation:

(1) being a bartender is a questionable accomplishment. An insult? Maybe. Maybe not.

(2) election to Congress is sort of an okay accomplishment.
    Last edited by Crovash; 04-03-2019 at 07:58 AM.

Yea sure, I'm sure it is, I'm not hating on the south. It just came up in conversation and some people are saying things which clearly go against observation, so I'm just speaking my mind.

America is great. I was raised here. This is my home. I don't see why demanding more from my govt has to equate to me having some anti white or anti America stance. You guys ask your politicians for things, never bat an eye, we do and get labeled anti American or some crap. No, actually if you sit there swallowing all this propaganda bs and become a part of this dull brained circus machine that allows this govt to act like their own variant of circus, then YOU are anti American. America is supposed to be power in the hands of the people. This is what I expect from my govt.
    I didn't say any of that about you.

Haha, bro Oakland gentrified, of course they gonna give em the business!

My cousin live in Compton, she said they be hating on her too cuz everyone know what about to come. People gonna lose their neighborhoods they grew up in.

That's why I feel that we need to really prioritize making sure people from the area also have a chance to benefit if their area benefits, not just have to move out and watch their slum prosper without them. Allowing straight gentrification is not a good thing. This should be a priority for us Americans as how to allocate our tax money, these are things we should be diacussing, not which cousins husbands sister of Trump spoke to which Russian business man, or whatever stupid crap dominates headlines.
    I just don't think there is a reasonable way to stop gentrification.

The DNC are Republicans.
    At times the DNC is better at being the GOP than the GOP is.

Weren't members of the Founding Fathers bartenders?
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Weren't members of the Founding Fathers bartenders?
    I could say this is a real stupid point (which it is) but it shouldn't be criticized. What should be criticized is how badly you missed thew original point.

But if you want to carryt your silly point and compare the current current congress to the founding fathers…

…All of the congress should be men
    …All should be white
    …All should be middle aged and up
    …All should be Christian

See how silly your point was?

Diction matters.

While it evolved later into a slightly different discussion, the actual genesis of this “bartender” thing was not whether she was qualified; rather it was about what she had “accomplished.”

The implications — obviously open to interpretation:

(1) being a bartender is a questionable accomplishment. An insult? Maybe. Maybe not.

(2) election to Congress is sort of an okay accomplishment.
    I'll try this one more time (as if it will have any impact)…

The resentment I have toward this kid is that she is unqualified to hold the position that she has. It is an important position…a position that is one of 550 or so leaders of the most important country on the planet. Having said that: She is entitled to hold the position in that she was duly elected to it. I fully understand and accept that.

However, consider how she got there.

She was overwhelming elected in a district that is overwhelming democrat. Bingo the chimp, running as a democrat in her district would probably have won. So let's go back a bit further.

In the democratic primary she beat Joe Cowley to become the democratic nominee. The next day the toothy grin was everywhere and this was the first time anyone ever heard of her. Winning the democratic primary in this district pretty much guarantees you will win the seat.

In the democratic primary, only 28,000 votes were cast. She won by 4,000 votes. That means she really won by 2,000 votes since if 2,000 votes swung the other way, she would have lost. These are small numbers to consider when someone is getting sent to Washington to work in our government.

In essence, she won a small turnout election…still legitimate…but a small election nonetheless. If she ran for a larger seat…citywide or statewide…she would lose. In a statewide senate election she would get clobbered (if she even got out of the primary.)

Having said all that, she did it fairly and legitimately. There is no question about that (Am I being clear enough on that.)

The problem I have with her is that she is stupid and knows very little about what she speaks of. That gets compounded by the fact that she is the darling of the public and gets props everywhere for reasons that are beyond me. She seems to appeal to the lowest intellect of the voting public (pretty much proven by the Chris Hayes [or was it Rachel Maddow? I can't tell them apart. I think they are the same person] interview).

She's cute, young, vibrant, outgoing…I get all that. You don't want the pasty old white guy repping your district…I get all that too. I could see why you would want someone like her…just not her. She's a dummy. Is that the best that district could come up with? If so, that's sad.

I feel the same about Whacky Maxine. You want an outspoken black rep in that district…I get it. You should. But Maxxy is the best you can come up with??? Really???

Corollary…the real problem with this kid is that she's gotten so much publicity that others like her will run and probably win. It's going to get worse.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

I could say this is a real stupid point (which it is) but it shouldn't be criticized. What should be criticized is how badly you missed thew original point.

But if you want to carryt your silly point and compare the current current congress to the founding fathers…

…All of the congress should be men
    …All should be white
    …All should be middle aged and up
    …All should be Christian

See how silly your point was?
    I think you missed the point. He didn't say "all" foundering father were bartenders. He said members were. The inference is that its OK if one was a bartender. Just like it its OK if one a man,white, middle aged, or Christian. I'm not sure why you made the jump to "all" but I think some of our arm chair social scientists and psychologists around here could venture a guess.
    Last edited by ewing; 04-03-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Are we really comparing AOC to a founding father?

Cause if we are making stupid, meaningless comparisons than Trump is Superman.

And I’m god...