Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 194 of 515 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 7712
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    While I agree lack of capital is a huge issue, itís hard to focus on the issues you mentioned as well as all the paperwork you are surrounded in, especially in a regulated industry. Government, especially local and state, often stands in the way of small businesses. I guess thatís the reason people like me have jobs though to thwart the efforts of government officials who are simply looking to prove they exist for a reason.
    Well almost every industry is regulated, some require a lot more professional skill just to do the work. We own 2 small business, used to have 4, some were just tax vehicles.

I guess my best regulation question is in 2010 we had to fill out a lengthy document on sales, why sales were down and a variety of employment statistics.
    In 2009 we had a 50% reduction in sales and my answer to the question why did sales decline was recession.
    That lead to a followup mail and phone call where they (the federal government) needed me to clarify why sales were down and we could have done to prevent a decrease in sales.

We have EPA in here every year inspecting our permits and usage.

Taxes to about 20 cities (the list changes every year), sales tax to multiple states, 8-9% off the top for insurances.

Green documentation on consumption and materials used.

I really get the burden. My point is lots of bushiness from the corner Pizza store to the I make x product to I sell x service are from people with a better idea on the process without a clue about what it takes to run a business, how to market a businesses, the difference between marketing and advertising.
    And the real fundamental, risk /reward calculations on decisions /prices/ strategy.

Knowing costs, knowing margins, knowing what you can sell for.

I know in my industry I could put my shingle out as a "business consultant" and I would have work for years.

Maybe a truly "green" economy would be lean without waste of human capital, economic capital, without waste of motion and labor that doesn't provide value to a product or service. Lots of movement for measurement's sake in this world, for documentation, for proof. 10 years ago I could have a conversation with someone with why a design doesn't work.

Now I just tell them how much and the limitations why or how it will probably fail. Sometimes I have to explain fundamentals like gravity.

Just so we are clear, this is a definition of a tax loophole:

A deliberate or accidental provision in tax law that allows an individual or corporation to be exempt from some provision. Most loopholes are deliberate and are created to ensure that the law is not draconian, to please a lobbyist, or for some other reason. For example, a country may pass a law requiring most companies to pay taxes on their net assets each year. However, it may contain a loophole allowing the exemption of companies that would find this tax too difficult or expensive. Occasionally, the government may close a loophole, which means that it takes away the exemption.

A write off is a type of loophole. For instance, if you donate x amount to a charity, itís a write off. You are circumventing the amount of taxes you pay via a loophole.

Small businesses and large corporations use the same tax code, large corporations are just able to spend to find more lucrative loopholes or write offs than a singular business owner who probably canít even afford an accountant.

Minority owned businesses jumped 400% from the end of 2017 to 2018. I believe itís the biggest increase in history.

In doesnít matter if itís minimum wage jobs or not. Itís still the lowest in history. It just seems odd to me that this historical low happened under the watch of a racist? Wouldnít the purpose of a racist to increase black/minority unemployment?
    Well if you're going to say loopholes and write offs are the same thing then fine, you can have your opinion. But decreasing write offs doesnt help small businesses, many small businesses rely on these write offs in order to have a successful formula.

No, tax codes are diff. My accountant is right in front of me right now telling me how I would get a 20% deduction on my profit if I run my business as a c Corp and don't let it pass through. Also pass thru tax is taxed on a tier system, Corp is flat. Of course the codes are not the same, how could you say that?

You are telling me there are 4 times as many minority owned businesses today than in 2017? Does that even sound believable? Cmon man

Why would a racist want to increase black unemployment?

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Well if you're going to say loopholes and write offs are the same thing then fine, you can have your opinion. But decreasing write offs doesnt help small businesses, many small businesses rely on these write offs in order to have a successful formula.

No, tax codes are diff. My accountant is right in front of me right now telling me how I would get a 20% deduction on my profit if I run my business as a c Corp and don't let it pass through. Also pass thru tax is taxed on a tier system, Corp is flat. Of course the codes are not the same, how could you say that?

You are telling me there are 4 times as many minority owned businesses today than in 2017? Does that even sound believable? Cmon man

its a year over year number, large percentage of no employee businesses

Year over year, we saw a 400% increase in the number of African-American owned small businessesĒ

https://www.guidantfinancial.com/lea...siness-owners/

http://time.com/5562050/alexandria-o...BYazkOX8n7GADU

AOC comes out against dem establishment over new primary rule. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Saying write offs are a form of tax loopholes is not my opinion, itís a fact. And decreasing write offs is only efficient if you are lowering the tax rate. In other words, you no longer need complicated write offs or loopholes to keep the majority of the money you earned. You worked for it. You should able to spend it how you like. And hereís the great part. If you want to give your money to Trump the racist so he can give it to some program to destroy black people, thatís fine. You are allowed to give the government more taxes if you choose. Personally, I donít believe the government has earned the right to decide whatís best with my money, so I give them as little as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    its a year over year number, large percentage of no employee businesses

Year over year, we saw a 400% increase in the number of African-American owned small businessesĒ

https://www.guidantfinancial.com/lea...siness-owners/
    I don't see it stated in the link and multiple sources I saw when trying to look it up said that this source could not back up that claim after initially reporting it (probably why it isn't in that graphic?).

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    http://time.com/5562050/alexandria-o...BYazkOX8n7GADU

AOC comes out against dem establishment over new primary rule. Thoughts?
    Good, it looks like a pretty dumb rule to me designed by the democratic establishment for the democratic establishment at the expense of bringing new/fresh people and voices in and not wanting to have their views challenged

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I don't see it stated in the link and multiple sources I saw when trying to look it up said that this source could not back up that claim after initially reporting it (probably why it isn't in that graphic?).
    Reading between the lines it seems that in 2015 15% of all small business owners SURVEYED were minority owned and in 2018 it was 45% so over the 33% increase more of those must have been African American

https://smallbiztrends.com/2018/08/a...tics-2018.html

US census will have their survey in 2019 https://www.census.gov/newsroom/pres...ss-survey.html
    Given that its a survey and you won't find it in DOL as a lot of them don't have employees

I doubt you find a lot of "home based" businesses.

Saying write offs are a form of tax loopholes is not my opinion, itís a fact. And decreasing write offs is only efficient if you are lowering the tax rate. In other words, you no longer need complicated write offs or loopholes to keep the majority of the money you earned. You worked for it. You should able to spend it how you like. And hereís the great part. If you want to give your money to Trump the racist so he can give it to some program to destroy black people, thatís fine. You are allowed to give the government more taxes if you choose. Personally, I donít believe the government has earned the right to decide whatís best with my money, so I give them as little as possible.
    I don't know who taught you English, but that's not a fact. Regardless, I never pushed back on you wording it like that, so it shouldn't make a difference.

If I own a shoe store, and I purchase $900k of shoes and sell it for $1 million, that gives me a profit of $100k. You are saying it's good to do away with write offs. With no write offs, taxed at 20%, I would owe $200k in taxes. That's more than I made. With write offs as is, even being taxed at 40% means I owe $40k. It sucks to pay it, but I can indeed pay it. Write offs, expenses, or "loopholes" as you like to call it are a NECESSITY. Without allowing someone to write off their business expense business cannot even be conducted. It is a necessity.

Reading between the lines it seems that in 2015 15% of all small business owners SURVEYED were minority owned and in 2018 it was 45% so over the 33% increase more of those must have been African American

US census will have their survey in 2019 https://www.census.gov/newsroom/pres...ss-survey.html
    Given that its a survey and you won't find it in DOL as a lot of them don't have employees

This is just a secondary source leading right back to the study that never actually says 400% increase though based on what is shown (it appears based on my link below it was posted then taken down because they couldn't back it). All I am doing is pointing out is that number appears to be fake/made up/someone reading between the lines on their own not based on actual data from the primary source/study conducted.

https://www.politifact.com/punditfac...se-400-percen/

"In November 2017, small business financing company Guidant Financial and online credit marketplace LendingClub Corporation sent out an email survey to their clientele nationwide; they received responses from about 2,600 "current and aspiring entrepreneurs." The companies both posted general articles about the results of that survey on their websites in January without making any distinctions about race or ethnicity except that 47 percent of "aspiring entrepreneurs" surveyed were minorities.

The 400 percent increase in black-owned businesses claim, however, was not made until a subsequent graphic was published on Guidantís website on Aug. 8.

It was not clear from the released results how the companies came up with the 400 percent jump. The percentage of African-American respondents who owned businesses was not published, nor was that figure from last year.

The survey sample was not random, the response was voluntary, and the margin of error was not made public.

This graphic said it relied on the same survey data, and it highlighted the African-American business owners in the pool. The methodology the companies provided did not break down respondents by race, only saying that minorities accounted for 47 percent of aspiring entrepreneurs who responded.

PolitiFact contacted Guidant about the claim in the graphic on Aug. 21. Two days later, a new version of the graphic was posted, this time without any mention of a 400 percent increase."

Does anyone really need a study to tell them a 400% increase in minority owned businesses in one year is complete bull ****? Seriously, just think about that..

Loopholes are NEVER intentional. There are a lot of exemptions that are intentional. They are not loopholes.

It's interesting that the top states with the most black owned businesses are dominated by southern states where the racism is supposed to be rampant.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It's interesting that the top states with the most black owned businesses are dominated by southern states where the racism is supposed to be rampant.
    It IS rampant. Have you never been there?

It IS rampant. Have you never been there?
    I've been to all of those places. I live in one of them at the moment. The point being that southern states apparently do a better job having businesses owned by black people.

And if you think it is rampant I don't think you know what rampant means or you don't spend a lot of time in FL, GA, or TX. There is racism, no question, but there is also a lot of push back against it in those places.
    Last edited by Scoots; 04-02-2019 at 11:06 PM.