Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 193 of 548 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 8220
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Ok, some people agree with her and you don't. Where does her having worked as a bar tender fit in?
    "Bartender" per se has nothing to do with it. It also doesn't give her any credibility when speaking of the economy. Goes to her credibility when speaking of anything technical other than making a Margherita.

She spouts off far reaching economic policy when she could not (or didn't want to) get a job in her chosen field. She has 3 months experience in Congress. Yet, she gets hour long interviews and is on the cover of magazines. If she was elected 3-4 times I could listen to her a little more easily. I could assume she picked up some useful info just by being around seasoned politicians for awhile. After 3 months, not really.

There was something floating around about her talking about alternative food for cows. Not sure if that was true or a joke but I could see her saying something stupid like that.

See, that's one of the problems with this kid. Alternative cow foodÖ a concept so idiotic but you think, yeah, maybe she did say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Once again I'm attributed to having made a negative comment that I never made. All to common occurrence on these forums.

Show me where I said that her working at a "real job" (bartender) is an insult.

I alluded to the fact that she had a degree in economics (something pointed out numerous times) yet did not work in that field. Seems odd and may allow one to question her abilities in her chosen field.

Anyone who is gainfully employed will never be insulted by me for whatever it is he/she does.

My father was a bartender for most of my childhood before he moved up to a clerk on Wall Street. Never had a really good job due to lack of education (victim of the depression). I don't criticize anyone who works.
    What the hell? You've taken multiple shots at her for being a bar tender.

It's like you've gone full trump and just in a diff reality at this point. Your posts are there for anyone to read.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

"Bartender" per se has nothing to do with it. It also doesn't give her any credibility when speaking of the economy. Goes to her credibility when speaking of anything technical other than making a Margherita.

She spouts off far reaching economic policy when she could not (or didn't want to) get a job in her chosen field. She has 3 months experience in Congress. Yet, she gets hour long interviews and is on the cover of magazines. If she was elected 3-4 times I could listen to her a little more easily. I could assume she picked up some useful info just by being around seasoned politicians for awhile. After 3 months, not really.

There was something floating around about her talking about alternative food for cows. Not sure if that was true or a joke but I could see her saying something stupid like that.

See, that's one of the problems with this kid. Alternative cow foodÖ a concept so idiotic but you think, yeah, maybe she did say that.
    So you donít know what she said or didnít but feel itís reasonable to criticize bc she is new to her job and used to tend bar? you seem to spend little time listening and evaluating and much time assuming and belittling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

"

lol, man, fox News Gotcha..

So you donít know what she said or didnít but feel itís reasonable to criticize bc she is new to her job and used to tend bar? you seem to spend little time listening and evaluating and much time assuming and belittling.

Look in the mirror. Give me the same benefit of the doubt you give the kid.

I never said I assumed she said that about alternative cow food. I said it would not surprise me if she did say that. I don't know if she did or not.

All I'm saying is that she has little to no experience in really anything and people are way too quick to give her credibility in really everything.

I don't see how you could disagree with that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Sure, well basically if that were the case what I'd expect to see is a bump in those numbers right at 2018/2019 (when the tax plan went into effect) , not just a continuation of a trend. I don't know if that exists, I don't believe so

I don't know of any tax loopholes he's closed, I don't know how that came up to begin with. I'm not sure if you meant that in response to my write off comment, but decreasing write offs isn't the same as closing loopholes
    Loopholes are designed to lower the amount of taxable revenue (income). So yes, write offs are loopholes. Some are just more commonly known than others.

Well there was a bump in 2018/2019, hence the record lows in unemployment. As soon as trump took office, there was a bump in the stock market. There has been bumps in unemployment and lots of job creation. In fact, unless you believe the world is gonna end in 12 years and are mad trump wonít send in affleck and Willis to save the day, I canít see why anyone would have beef with him outside of partisan rhetoric.

Look in the mirror. Give me the same benefit of the doubt you give the kid.

I never said I assumed she said that about alternative cow food. I said it would not surprise me if she did say that. I don't know if she did or not.

All I'm saying is that she has little to no experience in really anything and people are way too quick to give her credibility in really everything.

I don't see how you could disagree with that statement.
    I evaluate her statements as I receive them and judge them based on the merit I feel they deserve. I do not care how long she has had her job, exactly how old she is, or if she worked in a bar or on a pole. You are assuming people are giving her undo credibility and are sheep. Perhaps they just agree. You are free to disagree but perhaps you should base it on her actual statements instead of your characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Loopholes are designed to lower the amount of taxable revenue (income). So yes, write offs are loopholes. Some are just more commonly known than others.

Well there was a bump in 2018/2019, hence the record lows in unemployment. As soon as trump took office, there was a bump in the stock market. There has been bumps in unemployment and lots of job creation. In fact, unless you believe the world is gonna end in 12 years and are mad trump wonít send in affleck and Willis to save the day, I canít see why anyone would have beef with him outside of partisan rhetoric.
    Write offs are not loopholes, write offs are money spent on the business so you shouldn't have to pay tax on it. Last year if I did a million in sales and profited $100k, if I have no write offs I would now owe more in tax than money I made. That is not a loophole, that is a necessity for running a business.

Yes, the market jumped when Trump (aka Donny Littlehand) was first elected, but he never rolled out a tax plan at the time so it has nothing to do with the new tax plan.

It's not really beef, he's doing exactly what Hilary would've done, what Obama did, what Bush did, etc, he is working hard for big business. He's been a lot more unstable in his approach, especially his trade wars that cost middle class Americans hundreds of millions of dollars, but overall he is serving corporate America and that's the same formula as everyone else before him.

As far as personal beef, the guys a ****in racist, of course most non whites have beef, lol. But that's just personal, we had plenty racist presidents before and some did a great job, so it's not the be all end all

I evaluate her statements as I receive them and judge them based on the merit I feel they deserve. I do not care how long she has had her job, exactly how old she is, or if she worked in a bar or on a pole. You are assuming people are giving her undo credibility and are sheep. Perhaps they just agree. You are free to disagree but perhaps you should base it on her actual statements instead of your characterization.

All my opinions about this kid are based on her actual statements.

I meanÖAll my opinions about this kid are soooo based on her actual statements. Totally.

Like, for sure.

While job and unemployment numbers were trending positively at the end of the Obama administration, they have done even better under Trump. I believe the tax break definitely has an impact on those numbers. As well as the market reacting favorably to an administration that works with businesses. Itís funny how the rich getting more rich can also equate to moderate families making more money too...

Iím not going to look into tax loopholes and such. I donít pretend to be an advanced accountant. Just that the tax code has been simplified. Otherwise, when itís too complicated, Small businesses fail.
    Small business fail because they are under capitalized, know how do something but don't know how to run a business and yes aren't prepared for the paperwork required of ownership of a business.

The fact that anybody can hang up a sign and open the doors for a lot businesses is part of the cause of the failure.
    Most small businesses aren't making money in the first year so tax code is probably not the reason for failure.

1) have a plan
    2) Determine market pricing
    3) determine if you can sell close to market prices and make money

Visit the local score office for any help and classes before you start; although that's manned by a bunch of retired people that some on this thread assume aren't smart enough to vote so they probably don't understand business fundamentals in the modern era. Hell you can google anything an get correct answer assuming you ask the correct question.

No business should fail with a phone and google.

Now that I think of it we probably won't need college degrees in the future, just a phone and google, billions saved.

Look ma I stayed at a place with a hotspot last night.
    Last edited by SfgiantsJD3; 04-02-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Write offs are not loopholes, write offs are money spent on the business so you shouldn't have to pay tax on it. Last year if I did a million in sales and profited $100k, if I have no write offs I would now owe more in tax than money I made. That is not a loophole, that is a necessity for running a business.

Yes, the market jumped when Trump (aka Donny Littlehand) was first elected, but he never rolled out a tax plan at the time so it has nothing to do with the new tax plan.

It's not really beef, he's doing exactly what Hilary would've done, what Obama did, what Bush did, etc, he is working hard for big business. He's been a lot more unstable in his approach, especially his trade wars that cost middle class Americans hundreds of millions of dollars, but overall he is serving corporate America and that's the same formula as everyone else before him.

As far as personal beef, the guys a ****in racist, of course most non whites have beef, lol. But that's just personal, we had plenty racist presidents before and some did a great job, so it's not the be all end all
    Iím sorry but you evidently donít understand what loopholes are because you just defined a loophole when claiming to define a write off.

I agree presidents are mostly the same. Life doesnít change much with any of them. But presidents do affect the economy overall. There is some shift between policies but the policies that have been pushed by trump have had a direct impact on the economy. Presidents get the blame but also deserve the credit. Trumps ďtax planĒ obviously didnít go into effect right away but some details were released and businesses react on that. Also thereís no difference between small businesses and corporations. A tax plan works for both the same. We just like to demonize large corporations.

If non whites have beef, itís really dumb. Theyíve never had it better as a part of the economy. Most minority owned businesses opened under the trump. Lowest minority unemployment in history. Let me repeat that....more black people are now working than any other time in history except maybe as slaves and they own more businesses than ever. So Iíd be cheering that racist on, all the way to the bank.

All my opinions about this kid are based on her actual statements.

I meanÖAll my opinions about this kid are soooo based on her actual statements. Totally.

Like, for sure.
    Thanks

Iím sorry but you evidently donít understand what loopholes are because you just defined a loophole when claiming to define a write off.

I agree presidents are mostly the same. Life doesnít change much with any of them. But presidents do affect the economy overall. There is some shift between policies but the policies that have been pushed by trump have had a direct impact on the economy. Presidents get the blame but also deserve the credit. Trumps ďtax planĒ obviously didnít go into effect right away but some details were released and businesses react on that. Also thereís no difference between small businesses and corporations. A tax plan works for both the same. We just like to demonize large corporations.

If non whites have beef, itís really dumb. Theyíve never had it better as a part of the economy. Most minority owned businesses opened under the trump. Lowest minority unemployment in history. Let me repeat that....more black people are now working than any other time in history except maybe as slaves and they own more businesses than ever. So Iíd be cheering that racist on, all the way to the bank.
    A loophole is taking advantage of an ambiguity in your favor. Writing off business costs is not a loophole (it could be) , there is nothing ambiguous about it, it is very straight forward and necessary for a running business.

There's a big difference between small business and corporation, the only small businesses which benefitted from trumps corporate tax cut were those set up as s corps. No sole prop, no c Corp, no partnership. Where you got the idea that big business and small business is the same, I have no idea.

Minorities are doing well economically today compared to the past but it has nothing to do with trump, it just has to do as a product of time and society. Also I highly doubt most minority businesses opened under trump. That means in the past 2 years more minorities opened a business than the previous 5 decades. Does that sound reasonable to you? Sounds like one of those "facts" trump tweets out at 3 am, lol

Minority unemployment is meaningless if the only bump is in minimum wage jobs. This is a kind of separate topic, just want to point it out.

Yes, if he builds our economy and helps the middle class I think we will all be cheering for the racist. Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    Small business fail because they are under capitalized, know how do something but don't know how to run a business and yes aren't prepared for the paperwork required of ownership of a business.

The fact that anybody can hang up a sign and open the doors for a lot businesses is part of the cause of the failure.
    Most small businesses aren't making money in the first year so tax code is probably not the reason for failure.

1) have a plan
    2) Determine market pricing
    3) determine if you can sell close to market prices and make money

Visit the local score office for any help and classes before you start; although that's manned by a bunch of retired people that some on this thread assume aren't smart enough to vote so they probably don't understand business fundamentals in the modern era. Hell you can google anything an get correct answer assuming you ask the correct question.

No business should fail with a phone and google.

Now that I think of it we probably won't need college degrees in the future, just a phone and google, billions saved.

Look ma I stayed at a place with a hotspot last night.
    While I agree lack of capital is a huge issue, itís hard to focus on the issues you mentioned as well as all the paperwork you are surrounded in, especially in a regulated industry. Government, especially local and state, often stands in the way of small businesses. I guess thatís the reason people like me have jobs though to thwart the efforts of government officials who are simply looking to prove they exist for a reason.

A loophole is taking advantage of an ambiguity in your favor. Writing off business costs is not a loophole (it could be) , there is nothing ambiguous about it, it is very straight forward and necessary for a running business.

There's a big difference between small business and corporation, the only small businesses which benefitted from trumps corporate tax cut were those set up as s corps. No sole prop, no c Corp, no partnership. Where you got the idea that big business and small business is the same, I have no idea.

Minorities are doing well economically today compared to the past but it has nothing to do with trump, it just has to do as a product of time and society. Also I highly doubt most minority businesses opened under trump. That means in the past 2 years more minorities opened a business than the previous 5 decades. Does that sound reasonable to you? Sounds like one of those "facts" trump tweets out at 3 am, lol

Minority unemployment is meaningless if the only bump is in minimum wage jobs. This is a kind of separate topic, just want to point it out.

Yes, if he builds our economy and helps the middle class I think we will all be cheering for the racist. Why not?
    Just so we are clear, this is a definition of a tax loophole:

A deliberate or accidental provision in tax law that allows an individual or corporation to be exempt from some provision. Most loopholes are deliberate and are created to ensure that the law is not draconian, to please a lobbyist, or for some other reason. For example, a country may pass a law requiring most companies to pay taxes on their net assets each year. However, it may contain a loophole allowing the exemption of companies that would find this tax too difficult or expensive. Occasionally, the government may close a loophole, which means that it takes away the exemption.

A write off is a type of loophole. For instance, if you donate x amount to a charity, itís a write off. You are circumventing the amount of taxes you pay via a loophole.

Small businesses and large corporations use the same tax code, large corporations are just able to spend to find more lucrative loopholes or write offs than a singular business owner who probably canít even afford an accountant.

Minority owned businesses jumped 400% from the end of 2017 to 2018. I believe itís the biggest increase in history.

In doesnít matter if itís minimum wage jobs or not. Itís still the lowest in history. It just seems odd to me that this historical low happened under the watch of a racist? Wouldnít the purpose of a racist to increase black/minority unemployment?