Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 187 of 549 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 8233
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    I could literally post 30 of those articles examining the impact of increasing the age to 21... you can go through and try to argue each one... science is flawed... but what is much harder is arguing all of them as often the strengths of one deal the with a weakness of the others. Replication is the heartbeat of knowledge.

You can also include all the developmental neuroscience that shows that 18 year olds have not developed their inhibitory control mechanism. To be fair it's not done till 25, but at 21 it's alot further along that 18.

If you have spent any amount of time around 18-22 year olds you will be able to tell a vast difference in maturity.

I don't feel a need to convince you... I just saw your statement of "no reason" as hyperbolic.
    I prefer posts with scientific backing over others. I'd go on and further the discussion in a meaningful way, but I don't feel a need to convince you.

So move along and consider me unconvinced.
    Yankees Farm System

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    I prefer posts with scientific backing over others. I'd go on and further the discussion in a meaningful way, but I don't feel a need to convince you.

So move along and consider me unconvinced.
    if you are interested in science you can look it up.

I could point out that your posts didn't have any scientific backing.

but anyway.... moving along now.

Last edited by flips333; 03-31-2019 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Last edited by nastynice; 03-31-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    AOC mentions changing feed to a more economical efficient feed and your response is what does she know about farming? What an incredibly stupid response on your part. What she is saying makes sense, if you're going to laugh at her you might as well laugh at anyone who mentions alternate fuels for transportation. Did you laugh when hybrid cars and electric cars came out?

It's incredible the hold that fox news seems to have on you. I wonder if Trump said we need to start making changes in our food industry you would have the same reply. Big money says no.

I have to back pedal some of my cnn criticism. Fox is still the king of fake news. This same thread with clips of AOC speaking, saying incredibly reasonable things, doesn't match any of the headline bites any Republicans are repeating in here. These people are legitimately living in an alternate reality. Fox, you are still the fake news king, my apologies.
    Nasty you are on a roll today.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Last time I looked into a study on it (admittedly it was several years ago) if we went vegetarian planetwide we'd have to kill off a bunch of people to keep them from starving to death. And most of the more environmentally more friendly agriculture processes are FAR more expensive which means much of the world can't afford them and it would lead to even more of the small farmers being bought out by the corporate farmers who have better lawyers and lobbyists so they get to write the rules rather than break them.

It's just more of that no simple answer BS.
    That makes no sense. Ive always been told the amount of land and food it takes to feed a cow could feed way more if it was crops. You got a link that isn't from the cattle industry?

I admittedly know very little on this topic. I am guessing you likewise are in the dark. Often times solutions that are expensive become less expensive when we have to mass produce things. (again I know very little) But agriculture has to be part of the discussion.
    Flips gets a point on the cows. They use more land and resources than we get out of them. The most inefficient livestock, however delicious.

Scoots gets half a point. We cant farm sustainably and maintain our current population levels. However, we can feed everyone quite easily today with modern farming techniques. Id argue that they are as or more damaging to the environment as the methane released from cattle through pollution and soil erosion. Its a six of one half dozen of the other situation.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Flips gets a point on the cows. They use more land and resources than we get out of them. The most inefficient livestock, however delicious.

Scoots gets half a point. We cant farm sustainably and maintain our current population levels. However, we can feed everyone quite easily today with modern farming techniques. Id argue that they are as or more damaging to the environment as the methane released from cattle through pollution and soil erosion. Its a six of one half dozen of the other situation.
    wait are you a farmer or an ecologist...? I love to know what people do.

The fact that AOC and Sarah Palin both exist in the same spectrum and we dont all consider both of them to be incredibly moronic in their political platforms proves how partisan we are as a nation.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    The fact that AOC and Sarah Palin both exist in the same spectrum and we dont all consider both of them to be incredibly moronic in their political platforms proves how partisan we are as a nation.
    Did palin have a political platform? All remember was "drill baby drill"... and saying "community organizer" sarcastically.

Did palin have a political platform? All remember was "drill baby drill"... and saying "community organizer" sarcastically.
    Well Im sure as the governor she did but who the f pays attention to Alaska politics? With AOC, people get to pay attention a little more and watch her cost NY jobs and millions in tax revenue while running around like chicken little screaming the worlds going to end...

Well Im sure as the governor she did but who the f pays attention to Alaska politics? With AOC, people get to pay attention a little more and watch her cost NY jobs and millions in tax revenue while running around like chicken little screaming the worlds going to end...
    Ill ask you (like Ive asked numerous others not one of whom has answered): who is your go-to leader? Who is is that youd care to support and defend?

Damn, what did she do?

Yeah so you don't know anything about palin's platform... but it's totally comparable to AOC. OK... sure.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Damn, what did she do?
    he's probably referring to the whole Amazon thing... which wasn't really her, and isn't what they are making it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Ill ask you (like Ive asked numerous others not one of whom has answered): who is your go-to leader? Who is is that youd care to support and defend?
    Go to leader? The leader of the country is the president. IMO, you dont have to agree with the president to support them.

Go to leader? The leader of the country is the president. IMO, you dont have to agree with the president to support them.
    Alternatively, you could just not support a horrible leader you don't agree with.

But the cop out safe stance you're taking seems to be working for a lot of people so just roll with it.