Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 185 of 548 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 8210
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    1). There’s no good reason for age 21 versus age 18 for legal drinking. If anything I’d argue it’s counterproductive as it makes people age 18-21 have to drink while subverting the law. Even after we as a society overwhelmingly accept people who drink underage once they are 18. But I think that’s a point we have to just agree to disagree.

2). They don’t feel the presence, sure. But by that time it’s already too late. They can’t just get out of that debt at that point. They should have a voice in the process, especially when student loan debt is one of the biggest crises’ America faces.

3). They have life experiences from an out of date time and period. Technology has exponentially accelerated the changes our society goes through. And the times he very old lived in is much less relevant to today than the young. This just goes to my point there is no perfect voter. But to say that 18-21 shouldn’t have a voice because they are too inexperienced is a flawed and invalid one. They are at least more likely to still be living in this time period, from a societal perspective.

4). Sure, I don’t disagree, but people at age 21-23 are probably decently high up there as far as voter quality. They are not the bottom of the barrel, so to compare to age 18-21 to 21-23 is faulty. There are several age segments that would make up a worse voting age block than 21-23.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1) It's always a good idea to prevent, as much as possible, people from drinking in terms of age. Just like you want to prevent people from owning guns as much as possible if they are not fit for it. So I don't see how you draw the lines. There's a fact teens are more likely to get into a car crash due to DUI's than adults. There is evidence to support this so to say there is no good reason is quite a misconception and a lack of research on your end.

2) Because they aren't aware of the cost of it until they actually pay for it. Very similar to credit card debt with teenagers. Do you think they truly understand the cost of owning a credit card when they use the card or when they are actually paying for the debt?

3) No. You are just wrong here. They have more experience and can use precedence. It's not a guarantee but life experience matters and it is why in any work force, seniors of a company have more weight in their opinion.

4) That's besides the point. I am simply talking about eliminating as much as possible the uninformed individuals and yes, being 18 puts you at a distinct disadvantage compared to someone who is 21. You can use singular cases of evidence where a 14 year old is more intelligent than someone who is 18 so these smaller examples as evidence of it being the bigger piece of evidence is just irrelevant here. There is nothing faulty about it. The majority of the population at age 21 is simply far more capable of understanding things than someone who is age 18. Being 18 is a far cry of the share of responsibility they will have at age 21. It's the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I don't think people should be allowed to vote until they are indentured servants to the status quo
    You are right ... we should flip it on it's head. Let's ONLY allow voting to people who have not gone to college ... 16 year old until they go to college, and all ages for those who don't go to college. We've got to keep the programming out of the vote.

I think no age is late enough to make drinking, smoking, or doing drugs a good idea. I think there should be no draft, and I think it's unlikely there ever will be one again.

That said, I think it's important for people under 18 at LEAST to not have their developing brains chemically altered as much as is possible so let's set the absolute minimum for any of that at 18. Maybe the limit to that should be not paying rent?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...itist-policies

'Looney tunes' AOC blasted by Midwest ranchers and farmers for 'elitist' policies
    The Nebraska agriculture community denounced Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., after she went on a rant Tuesday over Republicans refusing to support her Green New Deal saying that climate change is “drowning” agriculture in the Midwest.

“I kind of write her off as a little bit looney tunes,” said Dennis Fujan a lifetime farmer and Nebraska representative for the American Soybean Association. “I don’t think she’s informed properly.”

Dale Spencer, a rancher and the former head of the Nebraska Cattlemen’s Association also weighed in. “She’s a rookie and she’s looking for publicity,” said Spencer, whose family has been in the ranching business in Nebraska since 1886. “Some people ought to put some boots on the ground and get out to ranch country and see what’s being done.”

The comments follow Ocasio-Cortez yelling at Rep. Sean Duffy, R-Wis. on the Financial Services Committee for introducing an amendment to the Green New Deal that would limit the scope of the bill.

Duffy called the Green New Deal “elitist,” which caused Ocasio-Cortez to start her tirade in which she said the Green New Deal should not be a partisan issue because climate change had affected the Midwest, especially farmers.

AOC telling farmers how they should feed cows.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think no age is late enough to make drinking, smoking, or doing drugs a good idea. I think there should be no draft, and I think it's unlikely there ever will be one again.

That said, I think it's important for people under 18 at LEAST to not have their developing brains chemically altered as much as is possible so let's set the absolute minimum for any of that at 18. Maybe the limit to that should be not paying rent?
    The reason that ever having a draft again is unlikely is women. To institute a draft, with all the equality and evenness we all have to have now, you would have to draft as many women as men. No one in their right mind wants that. (I know, I know, some women are are tough as men…while that may be true for a vast minority, across the board they would not measure up. Not even close.)

And, truthfully, drafting 18 year old males is not a bad idea. But that must include everyone on an equal basis. Few Deferments. Even most medical deferments could do a desk job. You want to go to college, you do your two years when you get out. No deferments.

Drafts are a good way for more poor people to go to war. Rich daddys like fred trump will get some hack of a doctor to write a doctors note saying his buffoon of a son has bone spurs

Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    Drafts are a good way for more poor people to go to war. Rich daddys like fred trump will get some hack of a doctor to write a doctors note saying his buffoon of a son has bone spurs
    Did you miss the line that said "everyone on an equal basis" or the one that said "few Deferments. Even most medical deferments could do a desk job."?

I thought this was the age of inclusion of everyone. We've made every possible accommodation for the handicapped. Outside of wheelchair bound people and some with a serious mental condition, there are hundreds of jobs in the military the physically impaired soldiers could do. Believe me, fat guys could do a desk jib on the DMZ. People with bone spurs would make great company clerks.

Your first sentence reads…Drafts are a good way for more poor people to go to war.

Consider…drafts are a great way for more poor people to learn a marketable skill. Also a phenomenal way to straighten out a lot of young people that need straightening out (trust me on this one). Also a great way to build up credits to free education after you get out (trust me on this one too.) When you see so many guys just "hangin' out chillin" and doing nothing, a draft doesn't seem like such a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Good video. She has the right mentality. I find it odd that someone would oppose this.
    Most of the opposition comes from a class of professional tweeters (i.e. moron who, unlike Ms. Ocasio-Cortez, don’t actually do anything — largely because they can’t).

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Most of the opposition comes from a class of professional tweeters (i.e. moron who, unlike Ms. Ocasio-Cortez, don’t actually do anything — largely because they can’t).
    She's a bartender that couldn't get a job in her educated field of economics and struck it rich by rallying the underclass in her area.

Not really sure what she has accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    She's a bartender that couldn't get a job in her educated field of economics and struck it rich by rallying the underclass in her area. position in the government of the most important nation on the planet

If I’m not mistaken, you are the one whining about a certain Ms.Omar achieving a legitimate election a top “position in the government of the most important nation on the planet”. Ms. Ocasio-Cortez has done the same.

They don’t whine and cry like Saavedra without having the guts to put their beliefs to the test.

Clearly, she has accomplished far, far more than you will ever - even in your dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    She's a bartender that couldn't get a job in her educated field of economics and struck it rich by rallying the underclass in her area.

Wow.

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    1). There’s no good reason for age 21 versus age 18 for legal drinking. If anything I’d argue it’s counterproductive as it makes people age 18-21 have to drink while subverting the law. Even after we as a society overwhelmingly accept people who drink underage once they are 18. But I think that’s a point we have to just agree to disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is... less death.

https://www.jsad.com/doi/abs/10.15288/jsas.2002.s14.206

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20497803

I would be for drinking age to be lowered to 18 if all cars being driven by someone under 21 had a breathalyzer starter.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    If I’m not mistaken, you are the one whining about a certain Ms.Omar achieving a legitimate election a top “position in the government of the most important nation on the planet”. Ms. Ocasio-Cortez has done the same.

They don’t whine and cry like Saavedra without having the guts to put their beliefs to the test.

Clearly, she has accomplished far, far more than you will ever - even in your dreams.
    They don't whine and cry!!!!!!

Is the sound off on out tv???????

They won elections. Not a bad accomplishment. I fully admit I couldn't do it. But as of yet , that's all they've accomplished. Not a bad start but not worthy of all the publicity and magazine covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Wow.
    Wow?

Where am I wrong?