Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 153 of 548 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 8220
  1. #2281
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    108,910

    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I'd love to see a AOC /Ivanka wrestling match
    AOC would dog walk her.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sick Of It All; 02-28-2019 at 11:47 PM.

  2. #2282
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    108,910
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekial View Post
    Celebrity Deathmatch. Classic.
    One of those shows that was ahead of its time and I wish it was around now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #2283
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    For all of you going ga ga over this kid…

    I think she reads very well.

    You do realize, I hope, that she was reading prepared questions. (They all had monitors in front of them.) These questions were most likely prepared by senior party members who were not even on the panel. I'm sure Pelosi had input. The Ocasio kid most likely had some input but the final questions were designed by others and given to her to read. Look at her presentation in the hearings as opposed to when she speaks extemporaneously and peeling potatoes. Night and day. In the hearings, It is rehearsed and scripted.

    Same with Tlaib.

    Everything you see is orchestrated for maximum effect.

    Tlaib knew the Republicans were bring the African American chick to the meetings and prepared Tlaib's questions for maximum effect. Whether the comment from Tlaib was right or wrong, racist or not…it brought out a heated argument about racism that is directly tied to Trump. That was the desired effect. Tlaib got to ask the question because she didn't mind doing it and people see that line of thought coming from her. I think she was thrown to the wolves with those questions. Why not have a senior member pursue that line of questioning? She was sacrificed. She looked small and tactless saying it and doesn't realize the harm it may have caused her.

    And it's not a Democrat thing. The Republicans would do the same thing if they had to…probably with a little more dignity…but the same thing nonetheless.

    Very little if what you see isn't planned.

  4. #2284
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    32,445
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The AOC thread is now at 152 pages. Somebody seems to be talking about her...
    I didn't say nobody is talking about her. I said, " how many replies were there to 3 different Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez topics that I posted? ZERO."


    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.011e7498f349

    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is an economic illiterate — and that’s a danger to America
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4...ddress-factory
    Maybe we shouldn’t be eating a hamburger for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

    not one person replied to any of these 3 topics.
    that doesn't even include this other post on how Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez doesn't understand the difference between the Berlin wall and a border wall for security, that nobody wanted to comment on.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

    https://www.dailywire.com/news/43589...-ryan-saavedra

    AOC doesn't understand. I'm not surprised.

    AOC actually believes that a wall is monument to white supremacy. is she aware that there is already a wall in places? like other Democrats and Liberal media they keep talking about this is about immigration in general. it's not. the issue is illegal vs legal. wanting a physical barrier does nothing against legal immigration.

    feel free to pick one or all if you want valade16.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  5. #2285
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    For all of you going ga ga over this kid…

    I think she reads very well.

    You do realize, I hope, that she was reading prepared questions. (They all had monitors in front of them.) These questions were most likely prepared by senior party members who were not even on the panel. I'm sure Pelosi had input. The Ocasio kid most likely had some input but the final questions were designed by others and given to her to read. Look at her presentation in the hearings as opposed to when she speaks extemporaneously and peeling potatoes. Night and day. In the hearings, It is rehearsed and scripted.

    Same with Tlaib.

    Everything you see is orchestrated for maximum effect.

    Tlaib knew the Republicans were bring the African American chick to the meetings and prepared Tlaib's questions for maximum effect. Whether the comment from Tlaib was right or wrong, racist or not…it brought out a heated argument about racism that is directly tied to Trump. That was the desired effect. Tlaib got to ask the question because she didn't mind doing it and people see that line of thought coming from her. I think she was thrown to the wolves with those questions. Why not have a senior member pursue that line of questioning? She was sacrificed. She looked small and tactless saying it and doesn't realize the harm it may have caused her.

    And it's not a Democrat thing. The Republicans would do the same thing if they had to…probably with a little more dignity…but the same thing nonetheless.

    Very little if what you see isn't planned.
    So you’re saying that even with all that time preparing, that crap show was the best Republicans could offer?
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

    -JFK


  6. #2286
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,681
    DO YOU KNOW what really annoys me about the media’s coverage of U.S. politics, and especially the Democratic Party?

    Google the words “moderate” or “centrist” and a small group of names will instantly appear: Michael Bloomberg, Amy Klobuchar, Joe Biden, and, yes, Howard Schultz.

    Bloomberg is considered a “centrist thought leader” (Vanity Fair). Klobuchar is the “straight-shooting pragmatist” (Time). Biden is the “quintessential centrist” (CNN) and the “last hurrah for moderate Democrats” (New York magazine). Shultz is gifted with high-profile interview slots to make his “centrist independent” pitch to voters.

    Now Google the freshman House Democrat Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. She’s been dubbed a member of the “loony left” (Washington Post), a “progressive firebrand” (Reuters), and a “liberal bomb thrower” (New York Times).

    Got that? Biden, Schultz and Co., we are told, sit firmly in the middle of American politics; Ocasio-Cortez stands far out on its fringes.

    This is a brazen distortion of reality, a shameless and demonstrable lie that is repeated day after day in newspaper op-eds and cable news headlines.

    “It’s easy to call what AOC is doing as far-lefty, but nothing could be farther from the truth,” Nick Hanauer, the venture capitalist and progressive activist, told MSNBC in January. “When you advocate for economic policies that benefit the broad majority of citizens, that’s true centrism. What Howard Schultz represents, the centrism that he represents, is really just trickle-down economics.”

    “He is not the centrist,” continued Hanauer. “AOC is the centrist.”

    Hanauer is right. And Bernie Sanders is centrist too — smeared as an “ideologue” (The Economist) and “dangerously far left” (Chicago Tribune). So too is Elizabeth Warren — dismissed as a “radical extremist” (Las Vegas Review-Journal) and a “class warrior” (Fox News).

    The inconvenient truth that our lazy media elites do so much to ignore is that Ocasio-Cortez, Sanders, and Warren are much closer in their views to the vast majority of ordinary Americans than the Bloombergs or the Bidens. They are the true centrists, the real moderates; they represent the actual political middle.

    DON’T BELIEVE ME? Take Ocasio-Cortez’s signature issue: the Green New Deal. Former George W. Bush speechwriter — and torture advocate — Marc Thiessen claims that the Green New Deal will “make the Democrats unelectable in 2020.” The Economist agrees: “The bold plan could make the party unelectable in conservative-leaning states.” The Green New Deal “will not pass the Senate, and you can take that back to whoever sent you here and tell them,” a testy Diane Feinstein, the senior and supposedly “moderate” Democratic senator from California, told a bunch of kids in a viral video.

    But here is the reality: The Green New Deal is extremely popular and has massive bipartisan support. A recent survey from the Yale Program on Climate Change Communication and George Mason University found that a whopping 81 percent of voters said they either “strongly support” (40 percent) or “somewhat support” (41 percent) the Green New Deal, including 64 percent of Republicans (and even 57 percent of conservative Republicans).

    What else do Ocasio-Cortez, Warren, and Sanders have in common with each other — and with the voters? They want to soak the rich. Ocasio-Cortez suggested a 70 percent marginal tax rate on incomes above $10 million — condemned by “centrist” Schultz as “un-American” but backed by a majority (51 percent) of Americans. Warren proposed a 2 percent wealth tax on assets above $50 million — slammed by “moderate” Bloomberg as Venezuelan-style socialism, but supported by 61 percent of voters, including 51 percent of Republicans. (As my colleague Jon Schwarz has demonstrated, “Americans have never, in living memory, been averse to higher taxes on the rich.”)

    How about health care? The vast majority (70 percent) of voters, including a majority (52 percent) of Republicans, support a single-payer universal health care system, or Medicare for All. Six in 10 say it is “the responsibility of the federal government” to ensure that all Americans have access to health care coverage.

    Debt-free and tuition-free college? A clear majority (60 percent) of the public, including a significant minority (41 percent) of Republicans, support free college “for those who meet income levels.”

    A higher minimum wage? According to Pew, almost 6 in 10 (58 percent) Americans support increasing the federal minimum wage from $7.25 an hour to (the Sanders-recommended) $15 an hour.

    Gun control? About six out of 10 (61 percent) Americans back stricter laws on gun control, according to Gallup, “the highest percentage to favor tougher firearms laws in two or more decades.” Almost all Americans (94 percent) back universal background checks on all gun sales — including almost three-quarters of National Rifle Association members.

    Abortion? Support for a legal right to abortion, according to a June 2018 poll by NBC News and the Wall Street Journal, is at an “all-time high.” Seven out of 10 Americans said they believed Roe v. Wade “should not be overturned,” including a majority (52 percent) of Republicans.

    Legalizing marijuana? Two out of three Americans think marijuana should be made legal. According to a Gallup survey from October 2018, this marks “another new high in Gallup’s trend over nearly half a century.” And here’s the kicker: A majority (53 percent) of Republicans support legal marijuana too!

    Mass incarceration? About nine out of 10 (91 percent) Americans say that the criminal justice system “has problems that need fixing.” About seven out of 10 (71 percent) say it is important “to reduce the prison population in America,” including a majority (52 percent) of Trump voters.

    Immigration? “A record-high 75 percent of Americans,” including 65 percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents, told Gallup in 2018 that immigration is a “good thing for the U.S.” Six in 10 Americans oppose the construction of a wall on the southern border, while a massive 8 in 10 (81 percent) support a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants living in the United States.

    HOW MUCH of this polling, however, is reflected in the daily news coverage of the Democrats, which seeks to pit “leftist” activists against “centrist” voters, and “liberals” against “moderates”?

    How is it that labels like “centrist” and “moderate,” which common sense tells us should reflect the views of a majority of Americans, have come to be applied to those who represent minority interests and opinions?

    How many political reporters are willing to tell their readers or viewers what Stanford political scientist David Broockman told Vox’s Ezra Klein in 2014: “When we say moderate what we really mean is what corporations want. Within both parties there is this tension between what the politicians who get more corporate money and tend to be part of the establishment want — that’s what we tend to call moderate — versus what the Tea Party and more liberal members want”?

    Join Our Newsletter
    Original reporting. Fearless journalism. Delivered to you.
    I’m in
    The center ground — if it even exists — cannot be found on a map; it is not a fixed geographical location. You cannot get in your car, type the address in your navigation, and then drive to it.

    It moves, it shifts, it reacts to events. The center of 2019 is not the center of 1999 or even 2009. You want to know where it is right now? You want to find the moderate middle? Then ignore the right-wing hacks, the conventional wisdom-mongers, and the donor class. Go check out the policy platforms of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Bernie Sanders, and Elizabeth Warren.
    https://theintercept.com/2019/02/26/...anders-warren/

  7. #2287
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    So you’re saying that even with all that time preparing, that crap show was the best Republicans could offer?
    It was clearly a bipartisan crap show.

    It started off by intentionally showing up the president.

    You know who that is, right? The president of all the people. It doesn't help all the people to pull a stunt like that. It weakens the American image of all the people.

    Very small minded of the Dems. If what they were trying to accomplish was use Cohen to make a case against Trump, they could have done that next week. But no, they needed the added advantage of making him, er all of us, look bad on the world stage.

  8. #2288
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    So you’re saying that even with all that time preparing, that crap show was the best Republicans could offer?
    LOL.

    Maximum effect for sure — as in: how stupid can we look? They’d have done better (though not much) had they brought Sluggo in to prepare for them.

  9. #2289
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Very small minded of the Dems...they needed the added advantage of making him, er all of us, look bad on the world stage.
    Believe me, he needs no help from anyone in that regard.

  10. #2290
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    19,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    It was clearly a bipartisan crap show.

    It started off by intentionally showing up the president.

    You know who that is, right? The president of all the people. It doesn't help all the people to pull a stunt like that. It weakens the American image of all the people.

    Very small minded of the Dems. If what they were trying to accomplish was use Cohen to make a case against Trump, they could have done that next week. But no, they needed the added advantage of making him, er all of us, look bad on the world stage.
    Trump makes himself look bad on the world stage regularly. Maybe we shouldn't have such a piece of garbage represent the American people.

    Cohen is a piece of human garbage, so is his former employer that made him do garbage human things for him.

  11. #2291
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    75,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    For all of you going ga ga over this kid…

    I think she reads very well.

    You do realize, I hope, that she was reading prepared questions. (They all had monitors in front of them.) These questions were most likely prepared by senior party members who were not even on the panel. I'm sure Pelosi had input. The Ocasio kid most likely had some input but the final questions were designed by others and given to her to read. Look at her presentation in the hearings as opposed to when she speaks extemporaneously and peeling potatoes. Night and day. In the hearings, It is rehearsed and scripted.

    Same with Tlaib.

    Everything you see is orchestrated for maximum effect.

    Tlaib knew the Republicans were bring the African American chick to the meetings and prepared Tlaib's questions for maximum effect. Whether the comment from Tlaib was right or wrong, racist or not…it brought out a heated argument about racism that is directly tied to Trump. That was the desired effect. Tlaib got to ask the question because she didn't mind doing it and people see that line of thought coming from her. I think she was thrown to the wolves with those questions. Why not have a senior member pursue that line of questioning? She was sacrificed. She looked small and tactless saying it and doesn't realize the harm it may have caused her.

    And it's not a Democrat thing. The Republicans would do the same thing if they had to…probably with a little more dignity…but the same thing nonetheless.

    Very little if what you see isn't planned.
    I love **** like this.

    You'd never say anything like this about anyone else in congress. The young women couldn't possibly be smart!? Let me speculate for a while about what I think they must be doing because there's no way their accomplishments are because of anything they're doing themselves. So...How dare they READ a script?!?! Unfathomable! Planning. Preparing! Working with her team?! Doing her job!?! Can. Not. Compute...Am. Not. Impressed!

    Weirdos. Obsessed weirdos

    It's not like she was asking questions no one else was capable of asking. They were pretty simple. It's just that she chose to use her time in the way she did. Not grandstanding. Not being hysterical like most of her Republican counterparts. Not making it about her or putting on a show. Just asking simple questions and getting simple, yet important, answers. Easy stuff.

    It's just that everything is so broken, especially in congress, that everyone is floored when they see something as cut and dry as this.
    HELLO

  12. #2292
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,977
    She has no DIVERSITY OF THOUGHT...Now she wants to get rid of the Dem’s who vote on Trump’s side...

    Hilarious!

    And THIS is what the AMERICAN PEOPLE want?

    Please!
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night


  13. #2293
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,198
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    She has no DIVERSITY OF THOUGHT...Now she wants to get rid of the Dem’s who vote on Trump’s side...

    Hilarious!

    And THIS is what the AMERICAN PEOPLE want?

    Please!
    Do you arrange this stuff on your refrigerator with those magnet words before you post up here?

  14. #2294
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I love **** like this.

    You'd never say anything like this about anyone else in congress. The young women couldn't possibly be smart!? Let me speculate for a while about what I think they must be doing because there's no way their accomplishments are because of anything they're doing themselves. So...How dare they READ a script?!?! Unfathomable! Planning. Preparing! Working with her team?! Doing her job!?! Can. Not. Compute...Am. Not. Impressed!

    Weirdos. Obsessed weirdos

    It's not like she was asking questions no one else was capable of asking. They were pretty simple. It's just that she chose to use her time in the way she did. Not grandstanding. Not being hysterical like most of her Republican counterparts. Not making it about her or putting on a show. Just asking simple questions and getting simple, yet important, answers. Easy stuff.

    It's just that everything is so broken, especially in congress, that everyone is floored when they see something as cut and dry as this.
    OK. She's brilliant.

    She just preferred working as a bartender.

    She could have gotten any number of high paying jobs with good companies as an economist but she preferred to work as a bartender.

    She could have had a well paying 9-5 job with a nice career path but she preferred to rely on tips that boozed up patrons left at 3:00 am.

    I guess that's possible.

    She beautifully asks questions in the house chamber but when she speaks off the cuff while peeling potatoes she sounds like a high school kid waiting for the bus.

    That could happen.

  15. #2295
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    19,290
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    She has no DIVERSITY OF THOUGHT...Now she wants to get rid of the Dem’s who vote on Trump’s side...

    Hilarious!

    And THIS is what the AMERICAN PEOPLE want?

    Please!
    Rrzubnyy, the bastion of diversity of thought.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •