Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 149 of 548 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 8217
  1. #2221
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    19,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I'm not holier than thou.

    I'll respond to a question and I will defend a point.

    Frankly, I'm not overly impressive and no better than anyone else.

    Where are you getting this holier than thou crap?????

    If you don't like what I say, don't respond. Believe me, I'll survive.
    I don't think you're holier than though, I think you're crustier than thou.

    I don't like what you say. I don't like you. I think you're a dinosaur and can't wait until you are contributing to our oil supply.

  2. #2222
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Doctors, lawyers, accountants…these are professionals that pass some sort of testing showing knowledge in their field.That does show proficiency. Some just get by, others get by after multiple attempts.

    I like to see someone in these areas that emits an aura of confidence, competence and proficiency. Not all of them have it. I wouldn't let a doctor who acts like AOC put a band aid on me let alone something serious. I know a few doctors I would never go to and lawyers I would never use. I've gotten rid of an accountant I lacked confidence in.

    I want someone who exudes credibility not just likability. My eye doctor is the perfect example. Totally unlikeable. Very gruff with his staff. But watching him work, demanding perfection from his people, knowing every instrument in the room, confidently answering my questions, info right off the top of his head…I'm totally in his hands. Wouldn't go to anyone else and I would recommend him to anyone. And he's an Iranian Muslim…so if I was racist, he'd be the last guy I'd go see. (An assumption on the Muslim since I could not get an appointment during one of their holidays.)
    Haha, being a racist wouldn't stop you from seeing a Muslim doctor!! You legitimately don't even know what a racist is, it's ok, you from a diff era.

    That's great, you can trust anyone who exudes anything, that's your choice. If that makes a point for you, great, I fail to see it as do most others, outside of the sheer stupidity behind your take there really isn't much to see. You just on a grumpy rant.

    I don't need a doc to put a band aid on me. I guess we're different like that

    I'm curious, what's your doctor's opinion of your opinion of Muslims? What was his reaction when you told him Muslims are unfit to have political influence here? And if unfit for that, isn't being a doc a higher standard? Why fit enough for that?
    Last edited by nastynice; 02-27-2019 at 02:43 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  3. #2223
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    44,850
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    First bolded…Can someone please explain this to this guy since I can't seem to get through. 25,000 jobs gone.

    Second Bolded…I admit that that is an accomplishment but: 1. it is really winning a popularity contest and I admit I would not have been able to do that at 29; 2. What has she actually done before or after that, She is a college graduate that could not get a job in her field. She was a bartender and 3. You don't know what I have or have not done.

    Third bolded…again, you know nothing about me…absolutely nothing. At 29 I owned a home, was gainfully employed in a good job, was in charge of several individuals and was moving up the corporate ladder. Admittedly no big deal but certainly not a loser. What I was not…an idiot with a pulpit spewing silly ideas. I was not a laughing stock either being made fun of constantly.

    You really should not talk about what you don't know. It's a bad habit but I can see why you like her. She has raised talking about what you don't know to an art form. Are you on her staff???
    Your accomplishments at 29 are nothing. A crappy home, a crap job and in charge of several other idiots. You were not an idiot with a pulpit because no one would be in your pulpit, nobody would listen to what you have to say because you had nothing of value to say. You were only not constantly being made fun of because you were so irrelevant nobody knew enough of you to make fun of you.

    (in case you haven't noticed, I'm just talking about you and dismissing and trivializing everything you've done in the same way you do that to AOC. Perhaps now you'd realize how you come off when talking about her).

  4. #2224
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Okay…what are these accomplishments?

    You've mentioned this twice…so it should be easy to tell me.

    I've pointed put that she has lost thousands of jobs and billions in income for her community. In two months!

    Show me what she has done to offset that.

    Show me anything that she has done other than get elected.
    There’s a flip side to everything, so you say she cost jobs — maybe she did; maybe she did not — but, look at it in this light: she got one of the richest men in the world to reneg on a compact he made in public (in other words, he took his ball and went home to sulk).

    That’s a substantial accomplishment, whether you like it or not.
    Last edited by Crovash; 02-27-2019 at 02:50 PM.

  5. #2225
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Wow, great point! I guess.

    What is it????
    same point I have brought up. A "normal" job no longers goes anywhere near as far as it did when you were young. Times have changed man. Wage disparity and the cost of goods and services have gotten so out of whack. So when people are coming up with these ideas of how to close the wealth disparity, and how to make things more affordable, the old "life is all about choices!" mentality is just as old as you are.

    No, not everyone needs to go to college. No, not everyone needs a 3000 sq foot house. We get it. And agree. But there is no way it should be a choice to have kids or not if you have a regular, run of the mill job. You shouldn't need to struggle in this country with a household income of $50,000. But people do. And that isn't just choices. Even great health insurance now costs a ton out of pocket. I guess I could tell my 2 year old daughter to stop making the choice to get sick?

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  6. #2226
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Haha, being a racist wouldn't stop you from seeing a Muslim doctor!! You legitimately don't even know what a racist is, it's ok, you from a diff era.

    That's great, you can trust anyone who exudes anything, that's your choice. If that makes a point for you, great, I fail to see it as do most others, outside of the sheer stupidity behind your take there really isn't much to see. You just on a grumpy rant.

    I don't need a doc to put a band aid on me. I guess we're different like that

    I'm curious, what's your doctor's opinion of your opinion of Muslims? What was his reaction when you told him Muslims are unfit to have political influence here? And if unfit for that, isn't being a doc a higher standard? Why fit enough for that?
    The definition if racist is simple…anyone who disagrees with you. That's all you ever bring to the table.

  7. #2227
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    The definition if racist is simple…anyone who disagrees with you. That's all you ever bring to the table.
    well nasty thinks everyone is racist haha

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  8. #2228
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    The definition if racist is simple…anyone who disagrees with you. That's all you ever bring to the table.
    Do you seriously not consider yourself a racist?

    I disagree with plenty of people in this board who aren't racist.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #2229
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    well nasty thinks everyone is racist haha
    No, but we have a president who pushes for and caters to white supremacists, and so it is very clear to me when I hear people regurgitate racist rhetoric, whereas for you it's not clear because it's not you being brought up. It's not white politicians having councils vote on wether they should be allowed to serve their term because them being white raises questions.

    If you were to walk in these shoes it'd be quite obvious. But from your view it'll stay blurry at best.

    If me using the word racist or bigot is becoming redundant for you than you can Imagine how redundant it is for me to listen to that kinda bull ****

    Ill give you an example. The other day sluggo was sitting here talking about how Muslims are unfit to have any influence on American politics. After that he tries and respond to me with some sort a haha buddy buddy type a comment, like we all good, and I kinda gave it to him. I get it from your perspective it seems like I'm just venting on him. But from my perspective it's different. I know what he's doing. Hes trying to act like oh me! Oh I have nothing bad to say about anyone, see, I get along with everyone, see I can joke with this guy. I know this white character, I've seen him on TV since the day I was born. You don't know him because he never plays this game with you, but I do, he been playing this game as long as I can remember. So that's why I went off on him, get that fake **** out my face. I can recognize numerous white characters whom you can't. It's just the nature of a minority vs majority in a recently racist yet now progressing society
    Last edited by nastynice; 02-27-2019 at 03:45 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  10. #2230
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Do you seriously not consider yourself a racist?

    I disagree with plenty of people in this board who aren't racist.
    What are you basing this racist crap on exactly? The fact that I don't think the Muslim culture fits in with western culture? it doesn't. That's just a fact. Not racist. No one is superior to muslims, no one wants to hold them back, no one wants them out. But plain and simple, the two cultures do not meld comforaably.

    If a few hundred thousand Americans (or Brits, or germans or Italians) all moved to Pakistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia etc. would their culture fit in comfortably? Would they be allowed to have Christian schools, churches etc. Would their women be allowed to drive without facing ridicule.

    Answer is no. Are they, therefore racist? You tell me.

    You need to drop this constant racist crap. You sound silly.

  11. #2231
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    What are you basing this racist crap on exactly? [B]The fact that I don't think the Muslim culture fits in with western culture? it doesn't.That's just a fact. Not racist. No one is superior to muslims, no one wants to hold them back, no one wants them out. But plain and simple, the two cultures do not meld comforaably.
    Bolded: Please eleborate.

    Seriously — what is western culture? Post-enlightenment rationality? Neoliberal secular capitalism? What?

  12. #2232
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    What are you basing this racist crap on exactly? The fact that I don't think the Muslim culture fits in with western culture? it doesn't. That's just a fact. Not racist. No one is superior to muslims, no one wants to hold them back, no one wants them out. But plain and simple, the two cultures do not meld comforaably.

    If a few hundred thousand Americans (or Brits, or germans or Italians) all moved to Pakistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia etc. would their culture fit in comfortably? Would they be allowed to have Christian schools, churches etc. Would their women be allowed to drive without facing ridicule.

    Answer is no. Are they, therefore racist? You tell me.

    You need to drop this constant racist crap. You sound silly.
    I'm basing this racist crap on your racist opinions. Wtf else I'm a base it on?

    I'll drop the racist crap if you drop the racist crap. Seriously grow a pair of balls. Tell your doctor what you told me about your opinion on Muslims, see what his reaction is. That'll help clarify to you where I'm getting this stuff from.

    And you got a long track record brother. Don't sell yourself short, there is much more to it than cultures fitting
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  13. #2233
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,306
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, but we have a president who pushes for and caters to white supremacists, and so it is very clear to me when I hear people regurgitate racist rhetoric, whereas for you it's not clear because it's not you being brought up. It's not white politicians having councils vote on wether they should be allowed to serve their term because them being white raises questions.

    If you were to walk in these shoes it'd be quite obvious. But from your view it'll stay blurry at best.

    If me using the word racist or bigot is becoming redundant for you than you can Imagine how redundant it is for me to listen to that kinda bull ****

    Ill give you an example. The other day sluggo was sitting here talking about how Muslims are unfit to have any influence on American politics. After that he tries and respond to me with some sort a haha buddy buddy type a comment, like we all good, and I kinda gave it to him. I get it from your perspective it seems like I'm just venting on him. But from my perspective it's different. I know what he's doing. Hes trying to act like oh me! Oh I have nothing bad to say about anyone, see, I get along with everyone, see I can joke with this guy. I know this white character, I've seen him on TV since the day I was born. You don't know him because he never plays this game with you, but I do, he been playing this game as long as I can remember. So that's why I went off on him, get that fake **** out my face. I can recognize numerous white characters whom you can't. It's just the nature of a minority vs majority in a recently racist yet now progressing society
    I have read in depth your views on racism, and I don't disagree with a lot of it man. And if you have read my posts, you know I have nothing but disdain for this administration, and more concerning, is we clearly have more of a problem with racism in this country than I previously thought. Otherwise we wouldn't have Trump in office.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  14. #2234
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    80,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    What are you basing this racist crap on exactly? The fact that I don't think the Muslim culture fits in with western culture? it doesn't. That's just a fact. Not racist. No one is superior to muslims, no one wants to hold them back, no one wants them out. But plain and simple, the two cultures do not meld comforaably.

    If a few hundred thousand Americans (or Brits, or germans or Italians) all moved to Pakistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia etc. would their culture fit in comfortably? Would they be allowed to have Christian schools, churches etc. Would their women be allowed to drive without facing ridicule.

    Answer is no. Are they, therefore racist? You tell me.

    You need to drop this constant racist crap. You sound silly.
    perhaps your archaic views on race, culture, economics, etc, don't fit in well with where this country is headed. Does that mean we should stick you on an island? Of course not.

    No, a person raised in Pakistan doesn't have the same culture as someone raised in Wisconsin. So what?

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  15. #2235
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I have read in depth your views on racism, and I don't disagree with a lot of it man. And if you have read my posts, you know I have nothing but disdain for this administration, and more concerning, is we clearly have more of a problem with racism in this country than I previously thought. Otherwise we wouldn't have Trump in office.
    Yea, I know vast majority of posters here don't support racist views. But my main point is that I know I call that stuff out a lot, but it's because I see it a lot, and I can recognize it much easier than most posters on this site. It's just natural, I grew up with people employing these tactics toward me, it's very easy for me to recognize since I'm already familiar with it.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •