Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 12 of 610 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 9139
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,620
    I guess you can understand why Shapiro tucked his tail between his legs, abandoned all of his previous stances and exposed himself as a total fraud once higher ups asked him to change his feelings towards Trump for better ratings given that the drum he beat before was the ever enticing "Obama hates Jews" stance.

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    23,186
    Nobody wants socialism!

    Even the DEMS know she won’t work...If they wanted to go this avenue then Hillary would have not blocked Bernie and his ridiculous stuff that came out of his pie hole....

    Again, WHO IS GOING TO PAY FOR ALL OF THE FREE STUFF that these two keep saying?

    NOTHING IS FREE!

    Why do they keep saying it is free?

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    eau claire, wi
    Posts
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Nobody wants socialism!

    Even the DEMS know she won’t work...If they wanted to go this avenue then Hillary would have not blocked Bernie and his ridiculous stuff that came out of his pie hole....

    Again, WHO IS GOING TO PAY FOR ALL OF THE FREE STUFF that these two keep saying?

    NOTHING IS FREE!

    Why do they keep saying it is free?
    Manram loves these posts.

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo30 View Post
    Manram loves these posts.
    He clearly has a mental illness. I just ignore him.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

    -JFK


  5. #170
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    11,113
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post

    Again, WHO IS GOING TO PAY FOR ALL OF THE FREE STUFF that these two keep saying?
    The best part is that YOU ARE. Ha Ha.

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,623
    Quote Originally Posted by FlakeyFool View Post
    I don’t like her. She advocates for things that would help people.
    Your screen name is apropos.

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    The best part is that YOU ARE. Ha Ha.
    Who's gonna pay for all these tax cuts to billionaires?

    Who's gonna pay for these billions upon billions of dollars we're pissing away on money to the "military" that the military itself says it doesn't need?
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

    -JFK


  8. #173
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,818
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    So Ben Shapiro is running for Congress? Oh he’s not? He’s avoiding accountability for what he says to a general electorate as opposed to just fringe voters. Got it!
    I don't know what this gibberish is supposed to mean.

    if she did not want to debate him then she could have politely declined, without feeling a need to be negative. I would imagine many people on both political sides have declined requests to debate someone.







    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post

    Again. This is an insanely stupid thread and the fact that any of the chud conservatives here have coaxed us into discussing it in even the remotest of civilized manner is letting then win.
    this thread is not just about the debate issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Thoughts on her? I don’t think she’s ready for prime time and doesn’t really seem that smart listening to her.

    Also accused Ben Shapiro of this:

    https://twitter.com/ocasio2018/statu...137827328?s=21

    Shapiro asked her for a debate and offered 10k towards her charity to debate him


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk













    even this from accused Liberal politifact..

    https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...l-counts-abou/

    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez wrong on several counts about unemployment
    "Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs. Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family."

    — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez on Friday, July 13th, 2018 in an interview on PBS' "Firing Line"

    Pants on Fire!


    https://www.dailywire.com/news/34386...eck-ashe-schow

    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Gets Epic FACT CHECK From The Washington Post

    Self-described “Democratic socialist” Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has been making the rounds on liberal media ever since her surprising win over top Democratic incumbent Joseph Crowley in New York's 14th congressional district.

    Her statements have been repeatedly fact checked by right-leaning news outlets, but now the left-leaning Washington Post (link added- https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.eb2278ec4191) is following Politifact to debunk many of her common claims. The Post doesn’t use its standard “Pinocchios” rating scale when doing a round up like this, but it still takes Ocasio-Cortez to task for her claims.

    For example, the 28-year-old former bartender claimed on PBS’s “Firing Line” that “Unemployment is low because everyone has two jobs,” and “Unemployment is low because people are working 60, 70, 80 hours a week and can barely feed their family."

    The Post’s Glenn Kessler called her first claim “poppycock.”

    “First of all, Bureau of Labor Statistics data shows that the percentage of people working two jobs has actually declined since the Great Recession – and been relatively steady at around 5 percent since 2010,” Kessler wrote. “The percentage bounced around a bit but it was as low as 4.7 percent in October 2017 and was 5.2 percent in the July jobs report, the most recent available. That hardly adds up to ‘everyone.’”

    As to the second part of her claim, Kessler pointed out that 58% of the people working two jobs have a full-time and part-time job and only 6% have two full-time jobs. He wrote this “calls into question her claim that people are working ’60, 70, 80 hours a week.’” The average private employee works 35 hours per week.

    Kessler then called Ocasio-Cortez’s claim that Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has a quota “to fill 34,000 beds with detainees every single night” an “urban legend.” The 2016 appropriations bill requires ICE to have 34,000 beds available, but is not required to fill them, Kessler wrote.

    Ocasio-Cortez recently said that the “upper-middle class does not exist anymore in America.” To this, Kessler wrote that not only does the upper-middle class exist, it has gained ground since 1979, from 12.9% of the population to 29.4% in 2014. He wrote that the middle-class has “shrunk a bit.” This is actually due to upward mobility.

    Kessler also had to debunk Ocasio-Cortez’s claim that the Medicare-for-all-plan she and Sen. Bernie Sanders (Socialist-VT) support would reduce healthcare costs over 10 years. Luckily for Kessler, the Post had already given the claim three Pinocchios when another Democratic candidate said it earlier. Basically, Ocasio-Cortez and other Democrats are using an assumption from a study, but the study’s author called it unrealistic, and said the plan would increase government health expenditures by $32.6 trillion over two years.

    Finally, Kessler knocked Ocasio-Cortez for claiming, “The reason that the Supreme Court upheld the Affordable Care Act is because they ruled that each of these monthly payments that everyday American make is a tax. And so, while it may not seem like we pay that tax on April 15th, we pay it every single month or we do pay at tax season if we don’t buy, you know, these plans off of the exchange.”

    Kessler said Ocasio-Cortez did not appear to understand “policy nuances.”

    “In the 5-4 opinion written by Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr., the Affordable Care Act was deemed to be an appropriate exercise of the government’s taxing power,” Kessler wrote. “But Roberts was not referring to the monthly premium payments, as Ocasio-Cortez claims. Instead, Roberts was referring to the individual mandate to buy insurance * — and the requirement to pay an annual penalty when filing a tax return if one did not buy health insurance.”

    Kessler further noted that the Obama administration claimed the mandate was not a tax while passing the law.

    So, for those of you keeping track at home, that’s five false ratings (the two unemployment claims are lumped into one) for Ocasio-Cortez’s most common talking points.



    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  9. #174
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    81,930
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Just don’t give a reason and you’re fine. Once you start giving a reason, then you can get in trouble if the employee can prove discrimination but it’s on you to prove it not the employer to disprove.
    If that is the case, fair enough.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    15,233
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I don't know what this gibberish is supposed to mean.

    if she did not want to debate him then she could have politely declined, without feeling a need to be negative. I would imagine many people on both political sides have declined requests to debate someone.
    Awwwwwwwww a Trump supporter complain that someone wasn't polite. Y'all are so cute.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,734
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Awwwwwwwww a Trump supporter complain that someone wasn't polite. Y'all are so cute.
    #BeBest

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    48,649
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    if Ben Shapiro doesn't know what he is talking about then she should have no reason to not debate him.
    To the contrary, if he doesn't know what he's talking about that is exactly why she shouldn't debate him.

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    19,803
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Because my one friend had it tough EVERYBODY should have it tough!

    When you say it's a function of priorities, that holds true for our government as well. The Government could prioritize making college more affordable so your friend didn't have to go $300K into debt or work 2 jobs and 75 hours a week for 5 years.
    nope... because it could have made it better for him but would have also resulted in a lot of wasted money on individuals who have no business going to college and no hope of contributing to society at the rate of the investment because inevitably the government would dole money out based upon what is "fair" or "politically correct" to right previous injustices...

    College isn't for everyone... we don't need to act like it is...

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    48,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    nope... because it could have made it better for him but would have also resulted in a lot of wasted money on individuals who have no business going to college and no hope of contributing to society at the rate of the investment because inevitably the government would dole money out based upon what is "fair" or "politically correct" to right previous injustices...

    College isn't for everyone... we don't need to act like it is...
    Well this lies on the false supposition that everyone would go to college, which simply wouldn't be true. There would still be a lot of people who, even if the Government paid for college, wouldn't go. Furthermore, the program would be setup like it is for military benefits where if you fail a class you have to pay for that class. So the government wouldn't be paying for any wasted individuals because if they wasted their time at college flunking out, they would be paying for it themselves.


    College isn't for every Soldier either, but they have a free college program and it incurs very little waste. So I simply don't believe your fears are founded.

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    19,803
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Pretty much the response one would expect from you.




    Yeah buddy. Sure.

    It's not that I don't want her to, it's that it's absolutely outrageous to suggest she should. And it's only being done because she is a young woman. Period. You can argue otherwise but no one would ever challenge anyone that wasn't like here.

    The man you voted for for President couldn't win a debate with a brick wall.

    Be gone.
    wrong... its being done to expose her for the fraud that she is and would be excellent ratings ….

    No one expected it to happen... its a stunt by Shapiro... but to act like he wouldn't destroy here in a debate is laughable...

    She uses her youth, personality, and her looks to her advantage as she should … to act like people would respect her for her deep understanding of the issues is laughable... she is a potted plant at this point

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •