Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 610 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110510 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 9139
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    15,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    The real reason you guys don’t want her to debate Shapiro is because you know she’ll look like an idiot. She doesn’t know topics and can’t give details on anything


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sure. Whatever you say.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    15,233
    Quote Originally Posted by brewersfan255 View Post
    you’re such a child. She could have simply rejected the request instead of immediately played the gender card. But like i said you’ll defend your little socialist idiot


    sent from my iphone using tapatalk
    Troll!

    You know what makes you not sound like a child. Calling people names.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    10,821
    Serious question: why are you right wing reactionaries so worried about a democratic socialist who is running for Congress in Queens?

  4. #139
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    47,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    The real reason you guys don’t want her to debate Shapiro is because you know she’ll look like an idiot. She doesn’t know topics and can’t give details on anything
    So... just like Ben Shapiro?

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    18,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Serious question: why are you right wing reactionaries so worried about a democratic socialist who is running for Congress in Queens?
    A female/feminist who speaks her mind, being a young kid of some ethnic group who family probably snuck across the border, being a socialist, she got a lot for them to not like.

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    47,323
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    A female/feminist who speaks her mind, being a young kid of some ethnic group who family probably snuck across the border, being a socialist, she got a lot for them to not like.
    Which is funny because she's still probably going to lose her election since the guy she beat is running under a different party.

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    indianpolis - north side
    Posts
    10,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    No offense taken.

    However what you are putting out there is union babble.

    Bolded area…in big city school districts the bolded area is virtually impossible to prove and firings are rare. I have a relative in one of the wealthiest school districts in NY. If they ask teachers to help out in what they consider a "non professional area" (hall monitoring, assisting a proctor, student pick up area in weather emergency situations, straightening up the classroom at end of day) tenured teachers just won't do it, non-tenured teachers have to do it.
    Just a guess, but it sounds like your wealthiest school districts in NY is too cheap to hire enough support staff or pay the teachers to do extra work. There is a huge difference between something like this happening once and happening once a day. Stuff like this usually involves giving up a prep period, which is a pain to give up. Doing it once as a favor is usually OK, but not having to do it every day.

    And if what you're saying is true i.e. it is a protection from being fired without cause …why do you need tenure at all? Most jobs you can't be fired without cause. You can go to an employment board. Are there that many teachers that would lose their job without tenure…are there that many bad administrators that would unreasonably fire teachers? And if tenure keeps you from getting fired without cause, why don't more industries demand it. Why is tenure prevalent pretty much within the education system? And why is it that teachers nearly go into an orgasmic state when they get tenure…it's because they pretty much have a job for as long as they want it.
    YMMV. In Indiana, a non-permanent teacher can be fired at the end of the school year at will. Getting due process is pretty important. Not surprised that people are happy about that.

    There are bad administrators just like there are bad anything's. More important, imo, are the bad superintendents who would end up firing expensive teachers to replace with beginning [cheap] teachers. Schools are expensive and labor intensive. Superintendents will cut any corner to save a budget.

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,512
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    Just a guess, but it sounds like your wealthiest school districts in NY is too cheap to hire enough support staff or pay the teachers to do extra work. There is a huge difference between something like this happening once and happening once a day. Stuff like this usually involves giving up a prep period, which is a pain to give up. Doing it once as a favor is usually OK, but not having to do it every day.



    YMMV. In Indiana, a non-permanent teacher can be fired at the end of the school year at will. Getting due process is pretty important. Not surprised that people are happy about that.

    There are bad administrators just like there are bad anything's. More important, imo, are the bad superintendents who would end up firing expensive teachers to replace with beginning [cheap] teachers. Schools are expensive and labor intensive. Superintendents will cut any corner to save a budget.
    School district too cheap??? With what these teachers get paid. The school in question has a librarian making $100K.

    And no district (company, business etc) overstaffs to be ready for unusual conditions.The situation I was referring too was a weather problem combined with other issues and it would have been helpful to have teachers assist in the transit area for just one day. Nope. They're professionals. They don't have to do that. Same with monitoring a crowd situation. These professionals just don't see the need to help out their fellow employees.

    The old union cry…"Thas no my yob, mang.":

    Tenure to the vast majority and in many school districts and colleges simply means it's almost impossible to get fired. Lifetime employment.

    But, hey, you've got the party line down pat. Nice job.

    And what does YMMV mean?

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    18,450
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Which is funny because she's still probably going to lose her election since the guy she beat is running under a different party.
    I have long past stop trying to figure out the republican's craziness. They say they are conservative, but they have increased the national debt. Putin was the enemy of all freedom loving democracies and now he is just a competitor. They were going to try to be more diverse, but have a leader who attacks everyone who isn't a WASP or part of the Alt-Right.

    They are bugging hard.
    Last edited by WES445; 08-11-2018 at 09:30 AM.

  10. #145
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,818
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    Pretty much the response one would expect from you.




    Yeah buddy. Sure.

    It's not that I don't want her to, it's that it's absolutely outrageous to suggest she should. And it's only being done because she is a young woman. Period. You can argue otherwise but no one would ever challenge anyone that wasn't like here.

    The man you voted for for President couldn't win a debate with a brick wall.

    Be gone.

    bold: ********. it's being done because she's stupid and we already have evidence of her not knowing what she is talking about.






    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    So... just like Ben Shapiro?
    if Ben Shapiro doesn't know what he is talking about then she should have no reason to not debate him.






    this from Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez back in May when someone would not debate with her.



    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  11. #146
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    indianpolis - north side
    Posts
    10,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    School district too cheap??? With what these teachers get paid. The school in question has a librarian making $100K.

    And no district (company, business etc) overstaffs to be ready for unusual conditions.The situation I was referring too was a weather problem combined with other issues and it would have been helpful to have teachers assist in the transit area for just one day. Nope. They're professionals. They don't have to do that. Same with monitoring a crowd situation. These professionals just don't see the need to help out their fellow employees.

    The old union cry…"Thas no my yob, mang.":

    Tenure to the vast majority and in many school districts and colleges simply means it's almost impossible to get fired. Lifetime employment.

    But, hey, you've got the party line down pat. Nice job.

    And what does YMMV mean?
    Your Mileage May Vary

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    18,450
    Love it, he accuses other of reciting the party line when all he does is recite his own party line.

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    indianpolis - north side
    Posts
    10,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    School district too cheap??? With what these teachers get paid. The school in question has a librarian making $100K.

    And no district (company, business etc) overstaffs to be ready for unusual conditions.The situation I was referring too was a weather problem combined with other issues and it would have been helpful to have teachers assist in the transit area for just one day. Nope. They're professionals. They don't have to do that. Same with monitoring a crowd situation. These professionals just don't see the need to help out their fellow employees.

    The old union cry…"Thas no my yob, mang.":

    Tenure to the vast majority and in many school districts and colleges simply means it's almost impossible to get fired. Lifetime employment.

    But, hey, you've got the party line down pat. Nice job.

    And what does YMMV mean?
    This sounds more like a combination of union hate and some weird belief that teachers should not be paid too much. Bet you are against basketball players making the kind of money they make in the NBA also. Just a guess.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    indianpolis - north side
    Posts
    10,085
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I have long past stop trying to figure out the republican's craziness. They say they are conservative, but they have increased the national debt. Putin was the enemy of all freedom loving democracies and now he is just a competitor. They were going to try to be more diverse, but have a leader who attacks everyone who isn't a WASP or part of the Alt-Right.

    They are bugging hard.
    JMO, but the GOP has never really been about balancing the budget. It has been about not spending money on Democratic Party ideas. But it was OK to spend on GOP ideas. If you look at both the Bush Jr and Trump presidencies, the GOP in charge spent money like drunken sailors on shore leave.

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    106,647
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    bold: ********. it's being done because she's stupid and we already have evidence of her not knowing what she is talking about.








    if Ben Shapiro doesn't know what he is talking about then she should have no reason to not debate him.






    this from Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez back in May when someone would not debate with her.

    So Ben Shapiro is running for Congress? Oh he’s not? He’s avoiding accountability for what he says to a general electorate as opposed to just fringe voters. Got it!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •