Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 476 of 485 FirstFirst ... 376426466474475476477478 ... LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,140 of 7265
    https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1366520392152711173

Pay your interns!

It’ll improve your operation and make it more diverse and just. You won’t be relying on privilege to subsidize staffing and your interns can do better work that they’re proud of when they aren’t exhausted working 2-3 jobs to subsidize one.

We pay ours $15/hr.

isn't the point of an intern so they get experience and are not paid. if one is paying an intern then doesn't that make them employees and not an intern.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Paid internships are a thing you know.

But again, reach reach reach as far as you can.

AOC is really abusing the free labour situation

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post

Hey now. I thought you didn't reply to that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    absolutely. looks to me like she is taking this situation and using it for a political agenda.
    [emoji23][emoji23] lol, that's too pathetic!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

but but Ted Cruz handed out water.

https://twitter.com/SenTedCruz/statu...35355609530368

he must care, he is helping, right. or does it only deserve credit when it's a Democrat helping.

Ted Cruz was straight up wrong for leaving, but this idea that AOC simply must care about these people because she is helping, ignores any prior intentions/actions.
    Is this Cruz being abusive..?

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1366520392152711173

isn't the point of an intern so they get experience and are not paid. if one is paying an intern then doesn't that make them employees and not an intern.
    Paid internships are very normal..

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post

if anyone in an "internship" is paid, then what is the point of calling them an intern. they would simply be a hired employee.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

if anyone in an "internship" is paid, then what is the point of calling them an intern. they would simply be a hired employee.
    I’m sure that is AOC’s fault too.

paid interns are paid less than they should be paid
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

What about the word internship screams unpaid to you?
    The intern gets supervised practical experience in their career field, but they're still doing actual work for a set period of time. They're not officially employees because they've not gone thru the normal hiring practice.
    The employer gets some work, at a reduced rate, and has direct knowledge of the intern's ability for consideration of future employment- win win

That said, there are such things as unpaid internships, but paid is more the norm.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    What about the word internship screams unpaid to you?
    The intern gets supervised practical experience in their career field, but they're still doing actual work for a set period of time. They're not officially employees because they've not gone thru the normal hiring practice.
    The employer gets some work, at a reduced rate, and has direct knowledge of the intern's ability for consideration of future employment- win win

That said, there are such things as unpaid internships, but paid is more the norm.
    I've always thought the point of an internship is a set period of time to give people the work experience they need in order to be better qualified in the future. a company/business gets the person helping, and the intern would get experience instead of being paid.

if there is more for an internship then so be it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Are people really upset that some internships are paid?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Are people really upset that some internships are paid?
    If AOC pays her Intern, yes. If anyone else does, who cares.

Special admitted to not knowing that interns can be paid at times. No big deal.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52