Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 388 of 418 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398 ... LastLast
Results 5,806 to 5,820 of 6257
    I’m just happy she’s being criticized for her ideas at this point and not her clothes or her past jobs. Feels like progress, at least she’s being hated for a valid reason.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I’m just happy she’s being criticized for her ideas at this point and not her clothes or her past jobs. Feels like progress, at least she’s being hated for a valid reason.
    Give it another news cycle or two...
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    The America you describe sounds like ****. A poor *** country that can't do anything good.

"AOC could cost us trillions". Says the guy who surely supported the wars. Surely supported all the tax cuts for the rich. That stuff is fine. But don't
    you DARE suggest we spend that money on worthwhile things instead.

She ain't gonna cost you anything. Or me. All you do is bootlick the elites you pretend to dislike. Always running with the corporatist mottos. Doing the bidding of the billionaires. Jeff Bezos ain't gonna **** you!
    Calm down and think things through a little.

Para 1…… I see America as the best country on the planet. The one country where anyone can be successful. That is why I find it so frustrating (not to mention wasteful) when people piss awat all of the opportunities in front of them waiting around for someone else to pick them up.

Para 2……AOC will cost us tons of $$$. In terms of jobs, she already has coast us tons of $$$. She is a complete idiot that has no understanding as to how things are in reality. Bolded portion……we have been doing thos for 60 years with every program imagineable and things have gotten worse for minorities. 60 years of throwing $$$ at "problems" and nothing is solved. 60 years.

Para 3……AOCs silly ideas wil cost us trillions. Some will be implemented by nuts like her and nothing will change……more $$$ down the drain. Bolded portion……I dislike any elites. There are far more elites on the dem side (including several in here) than on the repub side. By the same token, I recognize what the wealthy have done (for the most part) and realize their contribution to our society. I have never gotten a job fro a poor person. I've been in business a long time and have never made a dime off of a poor person. What you and many in here never get is that tax cuts to corporations (and the wealthy) creates jobs and more wealth for everyone. The rich do not take this money and stuff it in their mattress. They invest and the economy (and the country) grows. As I have said numerous times (I'm not supposed to say ad infinitum) money moves.

There are only two things that will help the poor become un-poor………education and jobs. Pretty much everything else is counterproductive. Everything stems from education and jobs. Handouts, programs, assistance etc. seems great but do more harm than good. It is not hard to reach middle class, but it does take some effort. The opportunity is there. Education is free and the jobs are out there.

AOC got rid of 20,000 opportunities in her district. Not the brightest move. It could take years (or never happen at all) to develop 20,000 jobs. She got rid of them in a few days. It was painted as "sticking it to the establishment" and "standing up for the little guy"…but who really lost. A bartender with no political experience and who couldn't get a job in her field, gets elected and supposedly knows more than politicians and businessmen with years of experience. Just a bit hard to believe.

(Write this down……anytime someone is "standing up for the little guy" or "protecting the people because no one else does" or "sticking it to the man"……run like hell because this is the last thing they will accomplish.)

Fun fact………

Out of 435 elections for the House of Representatives, guess who, except for two other races (one with multiple candidates) had the fewest number of votes cast for them???

So there were 432 (out of 435…99.3%) reps elected that received more votes fro their constituents than our mystery candidate.

But they won fair and square.

Sluggo, you have $5M to allocate.

Are you giving tax cuts to the rich and starting a new war.

Or are you funding single payer? Or making education and housing more affordable?
    HELLO

Or are you funding single payer? Or making education and housing more affordable?
    This is Sluggo we’re talking about, that money was given to the rich before you could finish the question...

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    You are giving AOC way too much credit. You can have integrity and still be an idiot.

I think sh fervently believes in all her silly ideas; I don't think she is bright enough to realize that they are silly, unrealistic and unattainable. But they all sound great.
    You know she graduated at the top of her class?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

But could not get a job in her field in the financial capital of the world.

Sumtin wrong sumwere.

Not enough info to make an informed decision.

And $5 million solves none of those problems.

I meant trillion, obviously. My bad.
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

Nah. She's bright but she isn't the at the top of her class. Cum Laude is good though. Certainly better than Old Joe despite his plagiarism and lying about his school record

Sumtin wrong sumwere.
    Probably a victim of the lousy Obama economy

Sumtin wrong sumwere.
    Yea, she figured it's better to grow a bit as a person and then become a Congress woman. Beats the hell out of that starting salary at the bottom of the totem pole..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Sure.

Everyone having a nice house would sound great……no going to happen.

Everyone having nice 3 course meals for dinner ever night would sound great……not going to happen.

She's like John Lennon singing Imagine……sounds great but will never happen.

Or all those kids on the side of the mountain (such diversity) looking for perfect harmony and give everyone a coke……sounds great but will never happen.

USA for Africa……raised $$$, solved nothing,

At least Lennon and those kids didn't cost us anything.

AOC could cost us trillions……and she wouldn't even realize it.
    Africa is actually doing pretty well. Including handling COVID far better than much of the world. The notion that people have of Africa as some backwoods continent is almost as ridiculously racist as it is ridiculously uninformed.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Africa is actually doing pretty well. Including handling COVID far better than much of the world. The notion that people have of Africa as some backwoods continent is almost as ridiculously racist as it is ridiculously uninformed.
    Do you really want to go there???

OK.

If I had to guess, I'd say the Covid rate is low is low in Africa because no one actually wants to go there.

I bet their death rate from auto accidents is also fairly low.

Some stata……

Highest African Country by GDP……Nigeria @ 26
    Hghest African Country by National Wealth……Egypt @ 36
    Hghest African Country by Per Capita Income…Eq Guinea @ 55

Here is the problem with your post………

I pointed to the African Aid group (USA for Africa) as raising a lot of $$$$ and getting very little accomplished for Africa. You, of course (and loke many here), have to take that as a racist statement. I mean really. It is a statement about Africa from Sluggo…what else could it be but racist. It has to be.

Fact is is that Africa as a whole is the poorest continent on the planet. And it has been like forever and will continue to be until they get their act together (Gee, that sounds like a familiar problem.) The sad part is is that Africa, as a continent, is loaded with natural resources and could be a very prosperous place if it was run correctly (hello Venezuela). (Now you will come back and say that all of Africa's problems are due to years of European imperialism …… then I come back and sy yeah, but that imperialism has been over for many years and they have faied to stand on their own. And we go round and round.)

The other problem with your post is the bolded part. "Ridiculously racist" …… not by a long short. Africa is poor. That is not a racist statement. That is a fact. Being a racist statement is what you want to believe since it is a statement coming from me. "Ridiculously uninformed"……statistically speaking, that would seem to be you. Some of the worst opinions out there come from people that believe themselves to be informed when they are not. They sound silly. (See AOC)