Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Biden should NOT run for re election in 2024

We have finally reached the end of 2021, and things are going very badly for Joe Biden and the Democratic Party. If anyone disagrees with that then they are just incorrect and have absolutely no idea about politics and should stop talking about it. Manchin killed BBB, voting rights and criminal justice reform are DOA in the Senate, and Biden's approval sits in the low 40's. It's looking more and more likely Democrats are going to get killed in the mid terms next fall because they haven't gotten anything done.

Democrats are going to do absolutely nothing until the mid terms and just hope and expect everyone to get in line and vote for them because Republicans are scary. Their solution to their own incompetence and inaction is to just elect more Democrats. I am not a career politician, or Washington veteran, but I am pretty sure if you run a slogan saying "If you elect more of us to Congress then maybe we will actually be able to do the things we told you we would do last time" you're not going to be very successful.

The inability to pass things like $15/hour min. wage, Medicare expansion for hearing/vision/dental, expanded voting rights, and the entirety of Build Back Better falls entirely on Democratic Leadership. That's Nancy Pelosi. That's Chuck Schumer. That's Joe Biden. To be fair blame extends beyond them as well. Of course it's also Manchin and Sinema, but it's also Pramilia Jayapal, Leader of the Progressive Caucus in the House, for agreeing to decouple BBB from the donor-backed infrastructure bill. It's a massive failure in leadership on the part of the Democratic Party, and it's even more proof that the establishment is NOT the solution, and change is badly needed within the Democratic Party.

I made a thread in June about this exact same topic and was met with scoffs by other Democrats because they claimed Biden was doing a wonderful job. It's currently at the bottom of Page 4 of the Politics Forum if anyone is interested in revisiting that debate. I argued that the establishment in Washington is designed to funnel everything to the top and Biden is just a vessel to continue that. He never wanted to do the things he campaigned on, and him not fighting for his own bill should be proof enough of that. He still goes out of his way to let everyone know how great Joe Manchin is.

After the failure and incompetence of Democratic Leadership was so shamefully displayed for all to see I am here once again making the same proclamation: Joe Biden should NOT run in 2024. He has turned out to be a terrible President and a terrible leader for the Democratic Party because he does nothing at all. There is no sense of urgency from anyone in Democratic Leadership to make changes when the Republican Party is actively threatening democracy. They really don't want to make life better for working people, and they don't want to expand the social safety net. They want to continue to keep a rigged system afloat, and make boat loads of cash while doing it. Biden is a corrupt politician, and we deserve better. It's time to demand it.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 12-30-2021 at 01:16 PM.

I think the democrat are contented with walking into an arse whipping this mid-term. In 2024, they will run Biden/Kamala or Kamala/Butigeg, either ticket will be donor approved, for another arse whipping. And no we get what we deserve in corrupt and despotic politicans. They didn't sneak in, they were voted in. Some will support corrupt politicians in the name of party unity or a political majority.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

It isn't just Democrats who suffer from corruption, but the whole system, ie insider trading.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

I suppose my question is what does the removal of Biden do to fix Joe Manchin not wanting to pass the legislation? I think Biden has had a very successful presidency and gotten a number of big things done. Obviously nothing is perfect but I just donít see who you replace him with that gets the conservative Democrat to support liberal legislation.

I think the problem goes beyond Biden to our political system. If Biden is a very successful president, it isn't showing in the polls, or stopping those lawsuits from the environmentalists over drilling permits.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    We have finally reached the end of 2021, and things are going very badly for Joe Biden and the Democratic Party. If anyone disagrees with that then they are just incorrect and have absolutely no idea about politics and should stop talking about it. Manchin killed BBB, voting rights and criminal justice reform are DOA in the Senate, and Biden's approval sits in the low 40's. It's looking more and more likely Democrats are going to get killed in the mid terms next fall because they haven't gotten anything done.

Democrats are going to do absolutely nothing until the mid terms and just hope and expect everyone to get in line and vote for them because Republicans are scary. Their solution to their own incompetence and inaction is to just elect more Democrats. I am not a career politician, or Washington veteran, but I am pretty sure if you run a slogan saying "If you elect more of us to Congress then maybe we will actually be able to do the things we told you we would do last time" you're not going to be very successful.

The inability to pass things like $15/hour min. wage, Medicare expansion for hearing/vision/dental, expanded voting rights, and the entirety of Build Back Better falls entirely on Democratic Leadership. That's Nancy Pelosi. That's Chuck Schumer. That's Joe Biden. To be fair blame extends beyond them as well. Of course it's also Manchin and Sinema, but it's also Pramilia Jayapal, Leader of the Progressive Caucus in the House, for agreeing to decouple BBB from the donor-backed infrastructure bill. It's a massive failure in leadership on the part of the Democratic Party, and it's even more proof that the establishment is NOT the solution, and change is badly needed within the Democratic Party.

I made a thread in June about this exact same topic and was met with scoffs by other Democrats because they claimed Biden was doing a wonderful job. It's currently at the bottom of Page 4 of the Politics Forum if anyone is interested in revisiting that debate. I argued that the establishment in Washington is designed to funnel everything to the top and Biden is just a vessel to continue that. He never wanted to do the things he campaigned on, and him not fighting for his own bill should be proof enough of that. He still goes out of his way to let everyone know how great Joe Manchin is.

After the failure and incompetence of Democratic Leadership was so shamefully displayed for all to see I am here once again making the same proclamation: Joe Biden should NOT run in 2024. He has turned out to be a terrible President and a terrible leader for the Democratic Party because he does nothing at all. There is no sense of urgency from anyone in Democratic Leadership to make changes when the Republican Party is actively threatening democracy. They really don't want to make life better for working people, and they don't want to expand the social safety net. They want to continue to keep a rigged system afloat, and make boat loads of cash while doing it. Biden is a corrupt politician, and we deserve better. It's time to demand it.
    Here's the problem though he's easily the most popular democrat candidate, there is no one more popular other than Bernie, who'll be like 86, and the machine would never support.

There is no one else you can run. Other than maybe Michelle Obama. But she's made it very clear she has no interest.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I think the problem goes beyond Biden to our political system. If Biden is a very successful president, it isn't showing in the polls, or stopping those lawsuits from the environmentalists over drilling permits.
    Iím happy to run through the usual list of accomplishments but I donít see who you run to replace him that does something heís not doing to get every ounce out of Joe Manchin and Krysten Sinema.

Also, when the GOP take the House in 2022, Biden's Presidency is over. The GOP WILL impeach him. It will probably be over his Afghanistan withdrawal, but it could be a number of things. They won't have trouble coming up with a reason. Even if the Senate doesn't remove him from office (unlikely they would), he will be finished as President. If there is an opening on the Supreme Court they will never allow him to fill the seat, whether the vacancy opens in 2022, 2023, or 2024. That won't pertain to just Supreme Court Justices either, it will extend to all Federal Justices. He only be able to do anything through executive order, and that will all get contested in court.

Everything was riding on this first year, really proving to the public that the Democratic Party has their backs by making their lives better and increasing the social safety net. Unfortunately Biden, and the rest of the Democratic establishment just aren't interested in that at all.

To the people that actually read this, it really doesn't matter if you're right or left. These politicians don't work for the public. If they did, minimum wage would have been increased a long time ago and we wouldn't be the only civilized nation on earth that doesn't guarantee healthcare to it's citizens. Our tax dollars would actually go toward improving our lives. Washington power needs to be broken down and built back up, because this isn't a democracy that works. Neither party currently offers a solution, they just profit off a broken system that's meant to keep the majority down. Please keep that in mind when you vote.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 12-30-2021 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    It isn't just Democrats who suffer from corruption, but the whole system, ie insider trading.
    The insider trading thing is outrageous.

After the democrat defeat in the mid-term it won't be about liberal policies but pushing the party more to the right. They will blame their defeat on pushing leftist policy. Something I think Spock would agree with. It wouldn't be the first time. They did it after eight years of Reagan and four of George H. in the White House.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    The insider trading thing is outrageous.
    And Congress defend it harder than the Defense budget.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Iím happy to run through the usual list of accomplishments but I donít see who you run to replace him that does something heís not doing to get every ounce out of Joe Manchin and Krysten Sinema.

He is down in the polls so apparently, his achievement isn't wowing the base.

Well, I guess the DNC is up the proverbial creek without a paddle, then. Not my problem, but theirs come mid-term. Should have figured that out months ago, but they didn't and now it became a political liability for them. The DNC lost a lot of base support chasing Manchin's approval for the bill.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I suppose my question is what does the removal of Biden do to fix Joe Manchin not wanting to pass the legislation? I think Biden has had a very successful presidency and gotten a number of big things done. Obviously nothing is perfect but I just donít see who you replace him with that gets the conservative Democrat to support liberal legislation.
    Joe Manchin owns a coal company that has paid him $5 million in the past 10 years alone. That's $500,000 a year on average. His Senate salary is $174,000/year. His daughter committed a crime by trying to monopolize EpiPens when she was the CEO of Mylan Pharmaceuticals. What if we had a President who was willing to point that out, or to even threaten to open an investigation into his daughter? (Which should honestly happen anyway)

Manchin would have voted for BBB if he thought he'd actually suffer consequences of not doing it. Before you get into how we shouldn't bully people into supporting our legislation, keep in mind Manchin is actually going AGAINST the wishes of the public and his own constituents by killing the bill. Being against BBB profits HIM. The self serving nature of government is what needs to end. It's called PUBLIC SERVICE for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    Joe Manchin owns a coal company that has paid him $5 million in the past 10 years alone. That's $500,000 a year on average. His Senate salary is $174,000/year. His daughter committed a crime by trying to monopolize EpiPens when she was the CEO of Mylan Pharmaceuticals. What if we had a President who was willing to point that out, or to even threaten to open an investigation into his daughter? (Which should honestly happen anyway)

Manchin would have voted for BBB if he thought he'd actually suffer consequences of not doing it. Before you get into how we shouldn't bully people into supporting our legislation, keep in mind Manchin is actually going AGAINST the wishes of the public and his own constituents by killing the bill. Being against BBB profits HIM. The self serving nature of government is what needs to end. It's called PUBLIC SERVICE for a reason.
    Oh investigate him or his daughter! Genius! Why didnít Biden think of that in order to get him to support his policiesÖgood grief!

Manchin has signaled no indication of wanting to switch parties but if Biden threatened that, then Manchin would switch parties in a heartbeat. Then you have 51 Republicans and Mitch McConnell controls the senate calendar and there are no more judges.

Iím really concerned about the political understanding of some folks in thinking how things work.

No.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast