Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 337 of 349 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339347 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 5233
  1. #5041
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    655
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I just did....and certainly don't need your permission or blessing. Thanks a bunch though.
    but you're wrong so you haven't.

  2. #5042
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    50,997
    NEWS FLASH: delusional poster continues to be delusional.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  3. #5043
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,987
    Hey all, seems it was a fun day. A few things.

    1. Trolling/baiting/and insults are still against forum rules

    2. The report feature isnt a weapon, I'd suggest that if you are reporting that you arent engaging in the same behaviors in that very conversation.

    Thank you much, that's all.

  4. #5044
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    50,997
    *against forum rules but only selectively enforced

    **report feature can absolutely be used as a weapon, especially by those who can't otherwise hold their own in a conversation

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  5. #5045
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    73,752
    I got a warning a few weeks ago because I told imaginary people to eat a dick multiple times for weaponizing John Lewis' words in bad faith to counter everything he actually stood for. I guess they thought I was a homophobe? I'd imagine most actual homophobes haven't been nicked for it...

    But I digress. A silly anecdote.

    Benny is cool.

    And I was once a super mod.

    But like...this site isn't thriving. This subforum is. We all know each other. We've all been here for years. If we didn't like how people were behaving we'd leave. Leave this forum alone. We don't need more moderation. Who cares? We're all adults.

    Seriously...

    No zoomer would be caught dead on a message board!!

    My two cents.
    HELLO

  6. #5046
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    50,997
    ....but the mods protect us from so much bad, bad stuff!

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  7. #5047
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    15,110
    What the hell happened? It didn't seem like this thread was "that" off the rails.. just the same level of off the rails as usual.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  8. #5048
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,987
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I got a warning a few weeks ago because I told imaginary people to eat a dick multiple times for weaponizing John Lewis' words in bad faith to counter everything he actually stood for. I guess they thought I was a homophobe? I'd imagine most actual homophobes haven't been nicked for it...

    But I digress. A silly anecdote.

    Benny is cool.

    And I was once a super mod.

    But like...this site isn't thriving. This subforum is. We all know each other. We've all been here for years. If we didn't like how people were behaving we'd leave. Leave this forum alone. We don't need more moderation. Who cares? We're all adults.

    Seriously...

    No zoomer would be caught dead on a message board!!

    My two cents.
    All I'll say is that we have to deal with reported posts, and that was far and away the most fun I've had writing a warning. The fact that it was addressed to manram was also not lost on me.

  9. #5049
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    73,752
    For the record, "manram" is an homage to Manny Ramirez. Nothing more. I joined this site for the Red Sox forum so long ago that I'm hardly even a Red Sox fan any more. I do love how dumb my name is. I begged SI to let me change my name for years and he said ManRam was all he'd accept. I love it! But yeah...I'm happy you at least found some humor in it.

    Love to know who narc'd
    HELLO

  10. #5050
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,739
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    *against forum rules but only selectively enforced

    **report feature can absolutely be used as a weapon, especially by those who can't otherwise hold their own in a conversation
    1. Agreed. I think it is better this way than every one already being banned (this includes myself lol). I prefer that it is selectively enforced as little as possible here.

    2. Yes it can be. I would hope we have a mod here that understands this and posts something like a general warning to the forum in a thread instead of infracting others that have been tattled on in this manner (I hope at least...).

  11. #5051
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,987
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    For the record, "manram" is an homage to Manny Ramirez. Nothing more. I joined this site for the Red Sox forum so long ago that I'm hardly even a Red Sox fan any more. I do love how dumb my name is. I begged SI to let me change my name for years and he said ManRam was all he'd accept. I love it! But yeah...I'm happy you at least found some humor in it.

    Love to know who narc'd
    I dig it

  12. #5052
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,987
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    What the hell happened? It didn't seem like this thread was "that" off the rails.. just the same level of off the rails as usual.
    Just trying to give a heads up. I made two points, they might be related.

  13. #5053
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    73,752
    Since I asked who narc'd knowing that's a dumb question that I won't get the answer to...I'l say the only posts I've narc'd (at least that I can remember) in the last years and years is Sluggo's blatantly Islamaphobic ones. I think snitching on an online forum is incredibly stupid but yeah...the dude HATES Muslims

    Please delete this post for being off-topic!

    But honestly...and discussion other than the brain dead AOC convos is more worthwhile of all our time
    HELLO

  14. #5054
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    73,752
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    I dig it
    What sounds more like a 12 year old made it?

    ManRam

    or

    ManRamForPrez24
    HELLO

  15. #5055
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hell on Earth- Missouri
    Posts
    14,623
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    For the record, "manram" is an homage to Manny Ramirez. Nothing more. I joined this site for the Red Sox forum so long ago that I'm hardly even a Red Sox fan any more. I do love how dumb my name is. I begged SI to let me change my name for years and he said ManRam was all he'd accept. I love it! But yeah...I'm happy you at least found some humor in it.

    Love to know who narc'd
    No one narc'd. I made an honest reply to your post that I was infracted for. I assume your post was viewed and infracted because I was the one that got narc'd on.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •