Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 477 of 485 FirstFirst ... 377427467475476477478479 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,155 of 7265
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Special admitted to not knowing that interns can be paid at times. No big deal.
    That in and of itself isnít a big deal, but he first tried to vilify AOC for saying interns should be paid. Like her wanting people to be paid for their labor is a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    That in and of itself isnít a big deal, but he first tried to vilify AOC for saying interns should be paid. Like her wanting people to be paid for their labor is a bad thing.
    It reflects a pattern for those ó like Special ó who are seemingly jealous of Ocasio-Cortezís general success: first find something wrong with any little thing she does and then later look into the facts (after which you often enough still stick with your whining).

He learned well from the master: Sluggo.

I just think both sides should take a step back
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Are people really upset that some internships are paid?

I did not vilify her. I didn't even criticize her.

read again what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1366520392152711173

Pay your interns!

Itíll improve your operation and make it more diverse and just. You wonít be relying on privilege to subsidize staffing and your interns can do better work that theyíre proud of when they arenít exhausted working 2-3 jobs to subsidize one.

We pay ours $15/hr.

isn't the point of an intern so they get experience and are not paid. if one is paying an intern then doesn't that make them employees and not an intern.

my mistake for not using a question mark, but those are questions rather than vilifying AOC.

from what I've known about interns, they get experience without being paid, and that is what they are getting which is important so that they can get job experience to further themselves in that career.

if interns are paid, then why call them interns? just hire them as full employees. unless making them an intern they are paid less than minimum wage?

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Pretty telling that you have never heard of the term "paid internship". Absolutely clueless.

I did not vilify her. I didn't even criticize her.

read again what I said.

my mistake for not using a question mark, but those are questions rather than vilifying AOC.

from what I've known about interns, they get experience without being paid, and that is what they are getting which is important so that they can get job experience to further themselves in that career.

if interns are paid, then why call them interns? just hire them as full employees. unless making them an intern they are paid less than minimum wage?
    This is your MO, you post a seemingly innocuous article and ask a question feigning interest and then when you get a response you immediately start criticizing the point.

Regardless, you agree AOC did nothing wrong and is not wrong for saying interns should be paid I'm assuming? I mean, if you didn't post that to criticize and were genuinely curious about interns being paid, and you now know is common practice. Then you're fine with what AOC said, right?

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Pretty telling that you have never heard of the term "paid internship". Absolutely clueless.
    The dude doesn't even know the capital of his own country. You expect to understand the term "paid internship"

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    The dude doesn't even know the capital of his own country.

Missed that one.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Missed that one.
    I may or may not have exaggerated

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I may or may not have exaggerated

I didn't question it for a second.

This is your MO, you post a seemingly innocuous article and ask a question feigning interest and then when you get a response you immediately start criticizing the point.

Regardless, you agree AOC did nothing wrong and is not wrong for saying interns should be paid I'm assuming? I mean, if you didn't post that to criticize and were genuinely curious about interns being paid, and you now know is common practice. Then you're fine with what AOC said, right?
    first, I question whether AOC herself would be paying anyone. the money used for paying those interns I imagine would come from government, not AOC's pocket. right or wrong?

I saw her tweet talking about paying interns, and from what I've known or thought about interns they don't get paid. that is why I brought it up. I wasn't attacking or criticizing her, I was using her tweet to talk about interns.

if all interns should be paid then what is the point of calling them interns? they could simply be called employees. what would be the difference?

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

first, I question whether AOC herself would be paying anyone. the money used for paying those interns I imagine would come from government, not AOC's pocket. right or wrong?

I saw her tweet talking about paying interns, and from what I've known or thought about interns they don't get paid. that is why I brought it up. I wasn't attacking or criticizing her, I was using her tweet to talk about interns.

if all interns should be paid then what is the point of calling them interns? they could simply be called employees. what would be the difference?
    If a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around to hear it, does it still make a noise?

I hope AOC keeps holding up the lies around her and doesn't get sucked into the machine over time. People like that are far too rare in government.

because they're not employees?
    They're not accruing service time, not accruing PTO, not receiving health insurance...therefore are not even temporary employees, they're...interns
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    If AOC pays her Intern, yes. If anyone else does, who cares.
    If AOC is paying her interns, she must have some ulterior motive!!!