Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 474 of 485 FirstFirst ... 374424464472473474475476484 ... LastLast
Results 7,096 to 7,110 of 7265
  1. #7096
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    40,222
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    it would be better if politicians wanted to help, not because of something political. both sides do it, and it should be called out more often.
    That's the reality of politics. Optics matter. Should every good deed be altruistic in nature? Sure but that's not going to be the case. Either way, she can be doing it to both further her political career and because she cares about people.

  2. #7097
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    16,496
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    a Democrat from New York wanting to help people in Texas (Republican state) with something a Republican did, a Republican (Ted Cruz) she has gone after already, after showing that she has wanted to flip Texas blue. but apparently lets ignore that. naive.
    LMAO!! After showing she wants to flip Texas blue? And how, exactly, has she done that? And for what REASON would she do that...she moving to Texas? or running for national office? Texas voters aren't her constituents.

    You just can't help yourself, for some reason. She could save a baby from a speeding train and you'd think she had ulterior motives.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  3. #7098
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    13,654
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    it would be better if politicians wanted to help, not because of something political. both sides do it, and it should be called out more often.
    Now we are in fantasy land. Every human being has a streak of self-interest in them. Politicians more so than most. If AOC is doing this to further her career or the progressive brand, fine just keep on fighting for my issues since no one else is in the republican or moderate dem. camp is.

    I just not going to post that they should be Saints or something because that would be silly and unrealistic.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

    Martin Luther King.

  4. #7099
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    13,654
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    a Democrat from New York wanting to help people in Texas (Republican state) with something a Republican did, a Republican (Ted Cruz) she has gone after already, after showing that she has wanted to flip Texas blue. but apparently lets ignore that. naive.
    I am with you buddy if that is a part of her motives and to make the Texas republicans look bad as if they needed help with that, I am for flipping Texas blue.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

    Martin Luther King.

  5. #7100
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    13,654
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    show me where I supported what he did,. you know I said he was wrong, right. please pay attention.
    It is the fact that AOC's actions irk you far more than what Cruz did. Go back and count how many pages you spent on AOC and compare them to the Cruz post you have posted. Take your time and feel free to use your and others' fingers, toes, and other digits to count with.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

    Martin Luther King.

  6. #7101
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    13,654
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yet he'll continue to be one of the most interacted with posters on this entire forum. People just can't help themselves from slowing down and gawking at a giant car wreck.
    HAHAHA, The high and pompous fool that I am understand the itch you got to scratch now.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

    Martin Luther King.

  7. #7102
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,181
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    a Democrat from New York wanting to help people in Texas (Republican state) with something a Republican did, a Republican (Ted Cruz) she has gone after already, after showing that she has wanted to flip Texas blue. but apparently lets ignore that. naive.
    She sells sea shells by the sea shore.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  8. #7103
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    30,379
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That's the reality of politics. Optics matter. Should every good deed be altruistic in nature? Sure but that's not going to be the case. Either way, she can be doing it to both further her political career and because she cares about people.
    I don't believe that she actually cares about the people, and instead cares more about the politics. if you or anyone disagrees then so be it.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  9. #7104
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    30,379
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    LMAO!! After showing she wants to flip Texas blue? And how, exactly, has she done that? And for what REASON would she do that...she moving to Texas? or running for national office? Texas voters aren't her constituents.

    You just can't help yourself, for some reason. She could save a baby from a speeding train and you'd think she had ulterior motives.
    she said so herself.

    https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1322573409927237635

    I spent years working w/ Texas youth and meeting organizers who have been building the groundwork for YEARS to turn Texas blue.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  10. #7105
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    30,379
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I am with you buddy if that is a part of her motives and to make the Texas republicans look bad as if they needed help with that, I am for flipping Texas blue.
    if Republicans were abusing a situation to flip a blue state red, then those that support Democrats I imagine would have an issue with that.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  11. #7106
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    30,379
    Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    It is the fact that AOC's actions irk you far more than what Cruz did. Go back and count how many pages you spent on AOC and compare them to the Cruz post you have posted. Take your time and feel free to use your and others' fingers, toes, and other digits to count with.
    why continue arguing about something when people agree? multiple times I said what Ted Cruz did was wrong, as far as I know everyone here agreed. what good would it do for me to get more agitated and say more emphatically that what Ted Cruz did was wrong as if I would be trying to convince anyone when in reality we all agree.


    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome


  12. #7107
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    38,181
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    if Republicans were abusing a situation to flip a blue state red, then those that support Democrats I imagine would have an issue with that.
    So her helping texans is her abusing the situation?

    You gotta be kidding..

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  13. #7108
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    40,222
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I don't believe that she actually cares about the people, and instead cares more about the politics. if you or anyone disagrees then so be it.
    I think she cares. Her actions not just with Texas but in NY seem to suggest she cares about the more mis- fortuned. Sure, that could all be about furthering her political career but I dont think that's her singular motivation.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-01-2021 at 06:29 PM.

  14. #7109
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,336
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I don't believe that she actually cares about the people, and instead cares more about the politics. if you or anyone disagrees then so be it.
    However little she cares about the people of Texas, it's fairly obvious Ted Cruz cares less.

  15. #7110
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    16,496
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I don't believe that she actually cares about the people, and instead cares more about the politics. if you or anyone disagrees then so be it.
    oh, well why didn't you just SAY so?! YOU don't believe she actually cares about the people. Well then, that settles that!

    WTH DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE IF PEOPLE THAT NEEDED HELP, GOT HELP?
    Is the help they got somehow of less value to them?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •