Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 474 of 485 FirstFirst ... 374424464472473474475476484 ... LastLast
Results 7,096 to 7,110 of 7265
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    it would be better if politicians wanted to help, not because of something political. both sides do it, and it should be called out more often.
    That's the reality of politics. Optics matter. Should every good deed be altruistic in nature? Sure but that's not going to be the case. Either way, she can be doing it to both further her political career and because she cares about people.

a Democrat from New York wanting to help people in Texas (Republican state) with something a Republican did, a Republican (Ted Cruz) she has gone after already, after showing that she has wanted to flip Texas blue. but apparently lets ignore that. naive.
    LMAO!! After showing she wants to flip Texas blue? And how, exactly, has she done that? And for what REASON would she do that...she moving to Texas? or running for national office? Texas voters aren't her constituents.

You just can't help yourself, for some reason. She could save a baby from a speeding train and you'd think she had ulterior motives.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

it would be better if politicians wanted to help, not because of something political. both sides do it, and it should be called out more often.
    Now we are in fantasy land. Every human being has a streak of self-interest in them. Politicians more so than most. If AOC is doing this to further her career or the progressive brand, fine just keep on fighting for my issues since no one else is in the republican or moderate dem. camp is.

I just not going to post that they should be Saints or something because that would be silly and unrealistic.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

a Democrat from New York wanting to help people in Texas (Republican state) with something a Republican did, a Republican (Ted Cruz) she has gone after already, after showing that she has wanted to flip Texas blue. but apparently lets ignore that. naive.
    I am with you buddy if that is a part of her motives and to make the Texas republicans look bad as if they needed help with that, I am for flipping Texas blue.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

show me where I supported what he did,. you know I said he was wrong, right. please pay attention.
    It is the fact that AOC's actions irk you far more than what Cruz did. Go back and count how many pages you spent on AOC and compare them to the Cruz post you have posted. Take your time and feel free to use your and others' fingers, toes, and other digits to count with.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yet he'll continue to be one of the most interacted with posters on this entire forum. People just can't help themselves from slowing down and gawking at a giant car wreck.
    HAHAHA, The high and pompous fool that I am understand the itch you got to scratch now.

Martin Luther King.

She sells sea shells by the sea shore.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    That's the reality of politics. Optics matter. Should every good deed be altruistic in nature? Sure but that's not going to be the case. Either way, she can be doing it to both further her political career and because she cares about people.
    I don't believe that she actually cares about the people, and instead cares more about the politics. if you or anyone disagrees then so be it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    LMAO!! After showing she wants to flip Texas blue? And how, exactly, has she done that? And for what REASON would she do that...she moving to Texas? or running for national office? Texas voters aren't her constituents.

You just can't help yourself, for some reason. She could save a baby from a speeding train and you'd think she had ulterior motives.
    she said so herself.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1322573409927237635

I spent years working w/ Texas youth and meeting organizers who have been building the groundwork for YEARS to turn Texas blue.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I am with you buddy if that is a part of her motives and to make the Texas republicans look bad as if they needed help with that, I am for flipping Texas blue.
    if Republicans were abusing a situation to flip a blue state red, then those that support Democrats I imagine would have an issue with that.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    It is the fact that AOC's actions irk you far more than what Cruz did. Go back and count how many pages you spent on AOC and compare them to the Cruz post you have posted. Take your time and feel free to use your and others' fingers, toes, and other digits to count with.
    why continue arguing about something when people agree? multiple times I said what Ted Cruz did was wrong, as far as I know everyone here agreed. what good would it do for me to get more agitated and say more emphatically that what Ted Cruz did was wrong as if I would be trying to convince anyone when in reality we all agree.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

if Republicans were abusing a situation to flip a blue state red, then those that support Democrats I imagine would have an issue with that.
    So her helping texans is her abusing the situation?

You gotta be kidding..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I don't believe that she actually cares about the people, and instead cares more about the politics. if you or anyone disagrees then so be it.
    I think she cares. Her actions not just with Texas but in NY seem to suggest she cares about the more mis- fortuned. Sure, that could all be about furthering her political career but I dont think that's her singular motivation.
    Last edited by metswon69; 03-01-2021 at 06:29 PM.

However little she cares about the people of Texas, it's fairly obvious Ted Cruz cares less.

oh, well why didn't you just SAY so?! YOU don't believe she actually cares about the people. Well then, that settles that!

WTH DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE IF PEOPLE THAT NEEDED HELP, GOT HELP?
    Is the help they got somehow of less value to them?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment