Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should Universities have racially segregated dorms.

A lot of Universities have what they're calling "affinity living" which is a fancy way of saying segregated living.

The University of Nevada for instance isn't allowing non-minority students to live in minority only dorms.
    I don't know if that extends to other minorities (i.e. could an Asian live in the Latinx dorms)
    https://www.yaf.org/news/university-...-of-residents/

But is it a good thing to segregate peoples living quarters by race.

No, it's not a good idea.

No. It's weird and provides the opposite experience I think living at a school should provide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Pretty dumb. I remember a IIRC daily show video from years ago when a similar question was asked of POC and non-POC college students and they were all for it, then they asked an old black guy on the street and his reaction was "What the *******? No man! No! We fought to get rid of that *******" Pretty concise take I thought.

racist.

minorities fought for how long to end segregation, and now some actually want to be segregated and come up with reasons why it's justified.

\_(ツ)_/

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Are students choosing to live with people of their own race or is the university forcing it? I ask because if people feel more comfortable together with people who look like them, then I don't know you can stop them. When I was in college, you got to choose a roommate. You both had to fill out the dorm form and put each other's info in and you got paired up. The same goes for fraternities and the like if they offer dorms.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

No.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Are students choosing to live with people of their own race or is the university forcing it? I ask because if people feel more comfortable together with people who look like them, then I don't know you can stop them. When I was in college, you got to choose a roommate. You both had to fill out the dorm form and put each other's info in and you got paired up. The same goes for fraternities and the like if they offer dorms.
    this itself could be called racist. imagine white people choosing themselves to live with other white people only, no way that would not be criticized and called racist.

\_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    this itself could be called racist. imagine white people choosing themselves to live with other white people only, no way that would not be criticized and called racist.
    So you live with some black people? Or are you racist by your own definition?

I guess I'm a racist. All the people in my house are pretty much the same color as me.

Both, so students are living in on-campus dorms paid for with tax dollars, where everyone in that dorm is from a specific background, but the University won't allow people from outside that background to live there.

So while it's not all Latino students living in the Latin Dorm, and the school isn't forcing any to, they won't let non-Latinos live there.
    And this is subsidized with our tax dollars.

This isn't people living in off-campus housing, where they pick their roommates and sign a lease. This is on campus housing, where if a Latino person wanted a non-latino as their roommate in the Latino housing, they can't have it.
    Last edited by ciaban2.0; 04-01-2021 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    So you live with some black people? Or are you racist by your own definition?

I guess I'm a racist. All the people in my house are pretty much the same color as me.
    this is about university/college, not families.

if someone white went to university/college and made it be known that they did not want to be in a room or even a dorm with minorities, there is no way that would not be criticized and called racist.

\_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Kinda like the paychecks of racist cops and politicians.

Welcome to America, friend.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Both, so students are living in on-campus dorms paid for with tax dollars, where everyone in that dorm is from a specific background, but the University won't allow people from outside that background to live there.

So while it's not all Latino students living in the Latin Dorm, and the school isn't forcing any to, they won't let non-Latinos live there.
    If the university is forcing people to live in segregated dorms, I'm 100% opposed to it. But if the students are choosing it, that's their call. And I don't care if a group of white people want their own dorm, they can have it.

Like I said, with some fraternities, you already have this. There are many fraternities that are race exclusive.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

If the university is forcing people to live in segregated dorms, I'm 100% opposed to it. But if the students are choosing it, that's their call. And I don't care if a group of white people want their own dorm, they can have it.

Like I said, with some fraternities, you already have this. There are many fraternities that are race exclusive.
    Fraternities aren't allowed to segregate, like legally they can't.

At SDSU one of the guys on my floor who was Latino rushed one of the "historic" black fraternities, and joined, by his senior year he was the fraternities president.

Like you can have a black, jewish, christian w/e fraternity, they just can't exclude people from outside that group or they'll lose they're charter.

I live very close to RU campus. I know they have Asian dorms and Athete dorms. To me this stops something I see major benefit a major benefit especially at a school as divse as RU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast