Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 346 of 349 FirstFirst ... 246296336344345346347348 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,190 of 5233
  1. #5176
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,288
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    So if you are a person of color and you don't trust Trump…does that make you a racist????

    Just wondering.

  2. #5177
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    15,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    So if you are a person of color and you don't trust Trump…does that make you a racist????

    Just wondering.
    No. Why would it? Has Trump declared himself a race?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  3. #5178
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    15,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Or a logical realist.
    You just got done explaining how people shouldn't treat everyone in Florida like they are bat ****. And then you turn around and say "don't trust them shifty muslims." Like they are a monolithic block.

    Taking this fact, that you are ignorant to your own hypocrisy, and combining with your propensity to taut how you live in reality and everyone else's view is fantasy, makes me further giggle.

    Keep Slugging it Sluggo!

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  4. #5179
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    So if you are a person of color and you don't trust Trump…does that make you a racist????

    Just wondering.
    Trump is in a category all his own. At this point it's the people that DO trust him that I don't trust.

    Listen, I'm not one of those lefties (odd to say given I'm left handed) that has been anti-Trump for years. I thought it a joke when he said he was running in 2016, literally laughed out loud when he won not sure how much of it I found humorous and how much was something else, but I've always liked the idea of seeing what a good businessman would do in the job vs a lawyer/career politician. But since he's shown he isn't one, I guess we'll still have to wait for that.

    But wherever I was on the Trump scale before March, his actions, comments, reactions since then have, for me, been anywhere from nauseating to downright deadly.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  5. #5180
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,288
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    No. Why would it? Has Trump declared himself a race?
    But if I dislike Omar…that makes me a racist.

    Double standard here?????

  6. #5181
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,288
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    You just got done explaining how people shouldn't treat everyone in Florida like they are bat ****. And then you turn around and say "don't trust them shifty muslims." Like they are a monolithic block.

    Taking this fact, that you are ignorant to your own hypocrisy, and combining with your propensity to taut how you live in reality and everyone else's view is fantasy, makes me further giggle.

    Keep Slugging it Sluggo!
    Bolded…where did I say that???

    Never painted ALL Muslims with the "shifty Muslim" brush. (Your words not mine. Are you the racist???)

    As I've said ad infinitum (that means a lot) I judge people as I meet them and by what they show me. All Omar has ever shown me is: Muslim, POC. woman. Over and over again. None of which I care about or should any bearing on what she does in Congress yet it comes up all the time. If she gets criticized…out comes the race card from the infinite deck. You never see Schumer goiung an and on about being Jewish It has no place in Congress

    As I mentioned before…Omar's predecessor was a Muslim and you never heard about him. I guess he had no need to keep hammering home that he was a Muslim. I appreciate that.

  7. #5182
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    But if I dislike Omar…that makes me a racist.

    Double standard here?????
    Disliking a person doesn't make you a racist
    Disliking them BECAUSE of their race (in this case religion) does.

    If you're disliking Omar because of her political stance, that's one thing. Disliking her just because she's Muslim, not so much.

    For the record, as I've said I'm a 60+ white Christian of Scandinavian descent. However, I have a sister in law who grew up Buddhist in China and have a niece who married a Muslim. They are 2 of my favorite 'in-laws', both are beautiful people.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  8. #5183
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,288
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Disliking a person doesn't make you a racist
    Disliking them BECAUSE of their race (in this case religion) does.

    If you're disliking Omar because of her political stance, that's one thing. Disliking her just because she's Muslim, not so much.

    For the record, as I've said I'm a 60+ white Christian of Scandinavian descent. However, I have a sister in law who grew up Buddhist in China and have a niece who married a Muslim. They are 2 of my favorite 'in-laws', both are beautiful people.
    I don't think she can separate her political stance from being a Muslim. That's the difference in our thinking.

  9. #5184
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,779

    Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Bolded……How many time she she has been elected has she brought up being a: Muslin. person of color, woman. It's all the time and it is irrelevant.The guy she replaced was a Muslim and it never came up. With her, it is over and over again.

    If she had access to military info regarding actions we are involved in in the Middle East I would not be comfortable with her having that information.

    Omar is a person in our government that I do not trust to do what is right for America. I guess you do. It has nothing to do with racist, anti-whatever, whatever phobia. It has everything to do with trusting her to do what is best for the US.

    Isn't there anyone in our government that you do not trust??? (There's an opening for you.)
    So remember when I said woman/Muslim/minority and you said that totally wasn't it? Remember when you had the same standards for everyone?

    See this is what I mean when I say all I need to do is quote you. I am not making this up you say and show this over and over. That she is proud of her identity seems to offend you while you ignore others who feel the same about theirs

    You still haven't given any actual clear examples of what is wrong. I gave examples of how trump has done this with force to push religion. He regularly brings this stuff up himself as do many others in congress.

    You are focused on identity with extreme double standards. Trump would be a great example of someone not to trust because he pushes things like religion with force. He attacks another religion often. He has handled this pandemic horribly. He is pretty disgusting all around with his rhetoric. He seems like a moron more often than not and many have shared stories or his tweets or interviews exposing it. The list goes on and on but it's related to the many issues with him as an individual not that he is a white man and maybe Christian.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mngopher35; 08-04-2020 at 12:13 PM.

  10. #5185
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I don't think she can separate her political stance from being a Muslim. That's the difference in our thinking.
    Maybe not....but neither does a Christian separate that from their political stance.
    The QUESTION is....does that religious-imprinted political stance cause her...or any other elected official...to take stands, vote for bills, otherwise do the job they're elected to do...that is NOT in the best interest of constituents? Because if so, race, religion, creed...NONE of that should matter....right?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  11. #5186
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,417
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    he may be Christian.
    He is not. He can say he is, he may THINK he is, he can hold up a Bible......he is not.

    I say this all the time...there are Christians and non-Christians in every Sunday service...people who think they are one but in their hearts know they are not. He's one o' those....and ain't even in a Sunday service.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  12. #5187
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,525
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Maybe not....but neither does a Christian separate that from their political stance.
    Would that most did not.

  13. #5188
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,779
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    He is not. He can say he is, he may THINK he is, he can hold up a Bible......he is not.

    I say this all the time...there are Christians and non-Christians in every Sunday service...people who think they are one but in their hearts know they are not. He's one o' those....and ain't even in a Sunday service.
    I think I already agreed with this but if not I do overall.

    I am pointing out how he uses Christianity/caters to that group as essentially the same thing since that is sluggish real issue he claims with Omar. He has gone to further extremes around religion than Omar has in some negative way is the general point.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #5189
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    15,113
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Bolded…where did I say that???

    Never painted ALL Muslims with the "shifty Muslim" brush. (Your words not mine. Are you the racist???)

    As I've said ad infinitum (that means a lot) I judge people as I meet them and by what they show me. All Omar has ever shown me is: Muslim, POC. woman. Over and over again. None of which I care about or should any bearing on what she does in Congress yet it comes up all the time. If she gets criticized…out comes the race card from the infinite deck. You never see Schumer goiung an and on about being Jewish It has no place in Congress

    As I mentioned before…Omar's predecessor was a Muslim and you never heard about him. I guess he had no need to keep hammering home that he was a Muslim. I appreciate that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I think she is a Muslim first and foremost and before anything else. For a lot pf Muslims, there are no borders, there is just Islam. I see her as one of those people. It is akin to having someone in your government that is loyal to another government.

    Would you have been comfortable with her being aware of the Soulemani air strike in advance??? I wouldn't.

    I would feel the same way about Catholics or Jews. I just don't see that in any of those religions like I do is some Muslims.


    Why this would offend anyone…I don't know.
    There... You got jews and catholics in there as well. Take a nap Archie Bunker.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  15. #5190
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,525
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I am pointing out how he uses Christianity/caters to that group as essentially the same thing since that is sluggish real issue he claims with Omar. He has gone to further extremes around religion than Omar has in some negative way is the general point.
    Meh. This is politics. If pretending you are religious gets votes, then, well, you do what you have to do (though in her case, I don’t think she is pretending).

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •