Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 326 of 349 FirstFirst ... 226276316324325326327328336 ... LastLast
Results 4,876 to 4,890 of 5233
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    The article clearly states what she was attacked for and so on.
    Having different opinions? Yup I said that.

“Crime is a problem of a diseased society, which neglects its marginalized people," she said during the July 9 event. "Policing is not the solution to crime.”

Ocasio-Cortez went on to propose that "economic desperation" caused by the coronavirus pandemic — combined with glitches in the delivery of federal stimulus checks and unemployment payments — has helped trigger the crime spike.

"Maybe this has to do with the fact that people aren't paying their rent and are scared to pay their rent, and so they go out and they need to feed their child and they don't have money," she said. "So ... they're put in a position where they feel like they either need to shoplift some bread or go hungry that night."

"I say, 'Listen, I'm not talking about violent crime, I'm not talking about shootings. But when it comes to petty theft, a lot of these are crimes of poverty, and people are desperate,'" she said. "So the right wing cuts up this clip, per usual, in a very misleading way. ... They basically [want] to make it seem as though I'm saying people are shooting each other because they're hungry."

Ocasio-Cortez acknowledged that her outspoken advocacy of liberal policies has made her an easy target of conservatives.

"Obviously, I'm no stranger to this," she said.

But the confrontation with Yoho was something new.

"In all these intense news cycles, I have never, ever been treated that way by another member before," she said. "I'm frankly quite taken aback."

This covers what she actually said, feel free to explain how evil this is if you actually think it is so. There is a huge push from conservative media like Fox, posters on this site like special/Sluggo and dbroncs chiming in now too focusing on her bad with very little actual reasoning ever explained. So what is the major issue with what she is saying here that makes this so bad/deserving of that confrontation?
    Last edited by mngopher35; 07-21-2020 at 12:51 PM.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...133217506.html

Kilmeade’s tweet read, “Is this what @realDonaldTrump has been saying?”

The Ocasio-Cortez tweet in question was fake, which observers immediately began telling Kilmeade. CNN’s Jake Tapper wrote exasperatedly, “That’s not real, Brian. It was debunked a long time ago. Good Lord.”

Late Monday, he deleted the tweet and posted a new one apologizing, but the words in the tweet were all in quotation marks: “‘I have deleted my earlier tweet regarding Rep. Cortez, I apologize for the error.'”

I mean just a quick search of her and look what comes up first, fox news member sharing a fake tweet/relating to POTUS past remarks. I shared the article/study about covering her over 70 times per day on fox as well.

So sluggu is Ted Yoho in real life huh?

Looking like more and more brown shirts crawling out from under their rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Looking like more and more brown shirts crawling out from under their rocks.
    Nah https://imgur.com/gallery/jXLF9iA

Wait, yeah.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Nah https://imgur.com/gallery/jXLF9iA

Wait, yeah.

"Follow us you will get shot, you hear me?"... Wow

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    In a brief but heated exchange, which was overheard by a reporter, Yoho told Ocasio-Cortez she was "disgusting" for recently suggesting that poverty and unemployment are driving a spike in crime in New York City during the coronavirus pandemic.

"You are out of your freaking mind," Yoho told her.

Ocasio-Cortez shot back, telling Yoho he was being "rude."

The two then parted ways. Ocasio-Cortez headed into the building, while Yoho, joined by Rep. Roger Williams (R-Texas), began descending toward the House office buildings. A few steps down, Yoho offered a parting thought to no one in particular.

"****ing *****," he said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...s-that-kind-of

Not overly surprising given fox news and the posters we see on here daily focused on AOC evil/bad and so on randomly for things like gardening or having different opinions than them. At this point the goal just seems attack her or Omar for no reason at all, other than apparently riling up the base as we see here often.
    what part is the issue?

I'm surprised AOC didn't call him a racist white supremacist, that is what she goes to often.

should he have said it? no. but if the standard should be not to get personal with politicians, then that should go for everyone, Democrat, Republican, President.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    what part is the issue?

I'm surprised AOC didn't call him a racist white supremacist, that is what she goes to often.

should he have said it? no. but if the standard should be not to get personal with politicians, then that should go for everyone, Democrat, Republican, President.
    lol, if a guy said that to your wife would there be no issue?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

what part is the issue?

Whats the issue with calling another rep confronting them in this way then calling them a ****ing *****? I dunno give other examples of it happening and I will tell you if they were right or wrong but normally this is unacceptable behavior no matter what I thought...

You are surprised she didn't call him that because you are a partisan hack solely focused on waiting for her to screw up in that manner to complain about it (and it doesn't happen that often cause you would post it here non stop but instead we get clips of her gardening to complain lol). Your media trains you to believe thats all she does.

The standard is he called her a ****ing ***** after confronting her out of no where while lying/twisting what she was said in order to do so? Again share someone else doing this and then we can agree no matter who it is call them out.

Ocasio-Cortez has taken more crap than anyone in Congress, and she has for the most part maintained her composure.

Kudos to her. Screw the old, white dudes who see any women of color as a threat to their power and manhood.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Ocasio-Cortez has taken more crap than anyone in Congress, and she has for the most part maintained her composure.

Kudos to her. Screw the old, white dudes who see any women of color as a threat to their power and manhood.
    I agree. She seems very professional to me. I feel like Omar is outlandish at times but AOC’s demeanor generally seems more respectful then most. She is obviously very liberal so I understand people will disagree with her but the constant personal attacks seem very unwarranted

Last edited by ewing; 07-21-2020 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

what part is the issue?

Apparently she said he was rude after they acted like an ******* to her and you still managed to attack her for what she didn’t say. If that’s the standard you want to hold people to credit her for holding to it while these guys did not

What does not surprise me is that you posted this observation. No, not really an observation; more like a piece of detritus you found in that brain you sit on.

You should go....

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...915446273?s=21

What a terrible apology