Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 490 of 509 FirstFirst ... 390440480488489490491492500 ... LastLast
Results 7,336 to 7,350 of 7627

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

I saw a interview with AOC where they were taking about community gardening. She was trying WAY too hard doing the woke thing and sounded dumb. Normally I think she come across as pretty articulate person. At min she is one I wouldnt point to and say “wow she’s just dumb. You can tell”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 05-16-2021 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I saw a interview with AOC where they were taking about community gardening. She was trying WAY too hard doing the woke thing and sounded dumb. Normally I think she come across as pretty articulate person. At min she is one I would point to and say “wow she’s just dumb. You can tell”.

I can point to you or myself at any given time and say that. We aren't perfect. All I want is someone with a good heart, empathy towards the disadvantaged, and willing to work towards making things better for as many people as possible.

I can't say that about a large majority of politicians who ride the donors' gravy train. She isn't brought.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

AOC at this point best quality is her ability to raise money ironically. That's a valuable asset.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I saw a interview with AOC where they were taking about community gardening. She was trying WAY too hard doing the woke thing and sounded dumb. Normally I think she come across as pretty articulate person. At min she is one I would point to and say “wow she’s just dumb. You can tell”.

So on board. She's so much better than when she started. And still so awful at times lol.

If the DNC haven't turn off so many people, there wouldn't be an AOC. Never think to undercut her by appealing to the disenfranchised people who voted her in.

I like I said I would vote for a stupid person who isn't donor owned than a smart person who is brought, like a Bill "I feel your pain" Clinton. That brought "smart" person won't be working for you, in fact, they will a smart tool for the donors.

Everybody wants money out of politics, but we still cling to donor brought politicians, even praises them for raising money from the donors.. Little bit bi-polar.
    Last edited by WES445; 05-16-2021 at 03:18 PM.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    If the DNC haven't turn off so many people, there wouldn't be an AOC. Never think to undercut her by appealing to the disenfranchised people who voted her in.

I like I said I would vote for a stupid person who isn't donor owned than a smart person who is brought, like a Bill "I feel your pain" Clinton. That brought "smart" person won't be working for you, in fact, they will a smart tool for the donors.

Everybody wants money out of politics, but we still cling to donor brought politicians, even praises them for raising money from the donors.. Little bit bi-polar.

My younger son really wants to bang her. Obtw, he is Bi-Polar and seriously resents anyone misapplying that word as it is a serious condition that causes considerable suffering.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue6 View Post
    My younger son really wants to bang her. Obtw, he is Bi-Polar and seriously resents anyone misapplying that word as it is a serious condition that causes considerable suffering.
    Sorry about your son. I wouldn't misapply that word around him knowing his condition. Having asperger I am use to seeing asperger type character in movie and TV being the bum of jokes. In life, asperger have may me the butt of jokes even from teachers in front the class. We tend to be extremely socially awkward without help. I didn't get that help until very late in life. But all through that crap, I just said F them and did my own thing without anger. When I did that, my social anxiety went away as well as well as my shuttering. Also I began to fight back when I was jumped for being strange, oddball a freak. Thankfully this happen before I left grade school and had a bunch of misfits who were my comfort back then. Funny I learn to fight back defending a friend of mines. Became a bit of problem when I slug a kid in church. Word spread, I was crazy but at least kids quit picking on me. Which meant I didn't fight that much afterwards. Being a bookworm save my bacon in school. Even with my problem I raise well adjust kids with the loving help of my wife and learn skills. I still get mentally tired out from socialize and need time alone in quiet. Meditation and having spiritual code to follow help me greatly as well. Every day is a lesson, even here. I learn not to go off the rails with our republican posters like I use to.

The point is you can't protect him from the sling and arrows that will come his way. He will see and hear things that will mock his conditions, he got to learn to not let it trigger him. People can be very cruel to those with problems they can't see or understand. I will say, I totally out of my place to tell another how to handle a condition that I don't have. I can only tell you how I handle mines. If doing this offend you, I will apolize now and not make that mistake again.

The one thing I have notice he has a caring and loving father who is protective of him and aware of his condition. Some father aren't.
    Last edited by WES445; 05-16-2021 at 06:01 PM.

Will Rogers

Meh. She came in naive and thought the progressives would steamroll. She learned the hard way... getting a massive wave of support from both sides doesn't happen. And you are easy to make a villain if your not white in American politics.

I appreciate the bills passed and credit progressives alot for where we're going. But she doesn't get graded on a curve because I want her to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Meh. She came in naive and thought the progressives would steamroll. She learned the hard way... getting a massive wave of support from both sides doesn't happen. And you are easy to make a villain if your not white in American politics.

I appreciate the bills passed and credit progressives alot for where we're going. But she doesn't get graded on a curve because I want her to be successful.
    Yes, the radical leftists like Jimmy Dore thinks that way that is why they attack Bernie, AOC and squad for working with Biden. If she was naive, she would be more like Greene, but she wisely slow her jets and pulled rank with the Dem going into the election and afterward. She is following Bernie led and working within the DNC, so I really don't see your problem with her or the progressive. They aren't causing a problem within their party like the trumpster are.

You don't give her a curve and question her intelligent because you don't like her. I support her because she isn't a paid donor whore like much of the Congress.

Will Rogers

Besides she has being in congress for less than a full three years and not being a political animal, I think I will give her a past on being well-heeled like your donor brought modes leaders.

Will Rogers

Yes, the radical leftists like Jimmy Dore thinks that way that is why they attack Bernie, AOC and squad for working with Biden. If she was naive, she would be more like Greene, but she wisely slow her jets and pulled rank with the Dem going into the election and afterward. She is following Bernie led and working within the DNC, so I really don't see your problem with her or the progressive. They aren't causing a problem within their party like the trumpster are.

You don't give her a curve and question her intelligent because you don't like her. I support her because she isn't a paid donor whore like much of the Congress.
    She deserves credit. I've been very uo and down with her. She drove me crazy a year ago. If you go down this thread I'm hot and cold with AOC. And I have huge respect for her not just ******** on Biden like the Dores and Joys wanted.

And I agree. She's made a choice. She doesn't want to look woke. She wants to get **** done.

I agree with her still being young. And she's progressed fast. She was embarrassingly childish early on.

She made some big mistakes early. Ate some humble pie. And now she's back in the game.

I honestly think Pelosi wanted to push her toward leadership and it's why Pelosi has disdain for her.

I know you don't care firvpelosi but AOC could be an excellent speaker if she learned some Pelosi tactics. She's great at pushing a message. Shes more controlled. And she wants to get **** done.

I swear people think I'm picking on her for being a progressive. I'm not. I'm picking on her because she needs to be smart if she wants to be the future of this party. And she gets bad criticism. Way to much praise from the progressives. Way too much vitriol from the right. Very little constructive criticism.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 05-17-2021 at 02:48 AM.

Way to much praise from the progressives. Way too much vitriol from the right. Very little constructive criticism.
    And way too much unwarranted attention by all sides.

She deserves credit. I've been very uo and down with her. She drove me crazy a year ago. If you go down this thread I'm hot and cold with AOC. And I have huge respect for her not just ******** on Biden like the Dores and Joys wanted.

And I agree. She's made a choice. She doesn't want to look woke. She wants to get **** done.

I agree with her still being young. And she's progressed fast. She was embarrassingly childish early on.

She made some big mistakes early. Ate some humble pie. And now she's back in the game.

I honestly think Pelosi wanted to push her toward leadership and it's why Pelosi has disdain for her.

I know you don't care firvpelosi but AOC could be an excellent speaker if she learned some Pelosi tactics. She's great at pushing a message. Shes more controlled. And she wants to get **** done.

I swear people think I'm picking on her for being a progressive. I'm not. I'm picking on her because she needs to be smart if she wants to be the future of this party. And she gets bad criticism. Way to much praise from the progressives. Way too much vitriol from the right. Very little constructive criticism.
    You what her to be more like Pelosi and the moderate. I get it. Since the Bill Clinton administration, have the working class done better or worse over the decades? I will say worst and I have no faith in the moderate to turn this boat around. I can't keep doing the same thing, voting for them, over and over again and getting the same results, worsening conditions in wages, education and criminal justice.

So my animosity towards the Moderate is born out of frustration with them. I am sure Pelosi is a nice and smart person but I question her and the moderates she leads ablity to make those changes I want.

From this black guy preception, blacks have been very patience with the political system, ending slavery, ending Jim Crow which both took over decades to end. Now solving the criminal justice problem in our community seem like it will also take decades to resolve.

I not patience anymore. I want changes in the democrat party not only for my community issues but issues that all American are facing. AOC and the progressive represent those changes. Sure they may not be the cat's meow, but they have open a door into the democrat partythat maybe another future progressive can enter and be better at getting those changes. Everybody talks about MLK, but not the lesser able civil right leaders who preceded him and was his stepping stone. Maybe one day their influence will encourage the whole party to ditch big business money. Foolish dream, unrealistic? Well I might be foolish, but I be damn if I support a system that don't support me and mines. Having to wait decades for major issues to be address. we losing generations waitng for change.

Bernie, OC and the squad started a good trend by not accepting big business money or influence.
    Last edited by WES445; 05-17-2021 at 09:15 AM.

Will Rogers

You what h8.20er to be more like Pelosi and the moderate. I get it. Since the Bill Clinton administration, have the working class done better or worse over the decades? I will say worst and I have no faith in the moderate to turn this boat around. I can't keep doing the same thing, voting for them, over and over again and getting the same results, worsening conditions in wages, education and criminal justice.

So my animosity towards the Moderate is born out of frustration with them. I am sure Pelosi is a nice and smart person but I question her and the moderates she leads ablity to make those changes I want.

From this black guy preception, blacks have been very patience with the political system, ending slavery, ending Jim Crow which both took over decades to end. Now solving the criminal justice problem in our community seem like it will also take decades to resolve.

I not patience anymore. I want changes in the democrat party not only for my community issues but issues that all American are facing. AOC and the progressive represent those changes. Sure they may not be the cat's meow, but they have open a door into the democrat partythat maybe another future progressive can enter and be better at getting those changes. Everybody talks about MLK, but not the lesser able civil right leaders who preceded him and was his stepping stone. Maybe one day their influence will encourage the whole party to ditch big business money. Foolish dream, unrealistic? Well I might be foolish, but I be damn if I support a system that don't support me and mines. Having to wait decades for major issues to be address. we losing generations waitng for change.

Bernie, OC and the squad started a good trend by not accepting big business money or influence.
    I want her to learn how to strategically maneuver politically.

Till the system changes she has to work within that system. I don't want her to change her politics. I want her to learn how to get things done.

I look at someone strategy and someone's goals through a different lens. Nixon had great strategy(not talking watergate). Terrible policies. But he got things he wanted passed. I want her to amount to more than a donation bin.

I'm really not a moderate. But I am a pragmatist.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 05-17-2021 at 09:39 AM.

Sorry about your son. I wouldn't misapply that word around him knowing his condition. Having asperger I am use to seeing asperger type character in movie and TV being the bum of jokes. In life, asperger have may me the butt of jokes even from teachers in front the class. We tend to be extremely socially awkward without help. I didn't get that help until very late in life. But all through that crap, I just said F them and did my own thing without anger. When I did that, my social anxiety went away as well as well as my shuttering. Also I began to fight back when I was jumped for being strange, oddball a freak. Thankfully this happen before I left grade school and had a bunch of misfits who were my comfort back then. Funny I learn to fight back defending a friend of mines. Became a bit of problem when I slug a kid in church. Word spread, I was crazy but at least kids quit picking on me. Which meant I didn't fight that much afterwards. Being a bookworm save my bacon in school. Even with my problem I raise well adjust kids with the loving help of my wife and learn skills. I still get mentally tired out from socialize and need time alone in quiet. Meditation and having spiritual code to follow help me greatly as well. Every day is a lesson, even here. I learn not to go off the rails with our republican posters like I use to.

The point is you can't protect him from the sling and arrows that will come his way. He will see and hear things that will mock his conditions, he got to learn to not let it trigger him. People can be very cruel to those with problems they can't see or understand. I will say, I totally out of my place to tell another how to handle a condition that I don't have. I can only tell you how I handle mines. If doing this offend you, I will apolize now and not make that mistake again.

The one thing I have notice he has a caring and loving father who is protective of him and aware of his condition. Some father aren't.
    True. He is highly intelligent--which actually seems to make things worse--and the effects of the words of others on him vary according to what stage he is in. He does enjoy a few months out of the year when he is not constantly cycling, but the majority of the time is pretty rough. Nothing I can do but support him. Well beyond my ability even to console at times. Why I gave up on God.