Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 268 of 268 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268
Results 4,006 to 4,016 of 4016
  1. #4006
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,352
    Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    When dealing with brewer I’d refer you to your thread on education cuts and remind you that he’s from Wisconsin.
    Lol

  2. #4007
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,243
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well ****. If Sluggo says this on the internet I'm inclined to agree with him over the entire academic community. I mean, you did read The Population Bomb that one time, so you're basically like the best scientist on earth now.
    I've mentioned "The Population Bomb" a few times because it is the classic example of people overreacting to or giving way too much credence to "the experts." The author Paul Ehrlich (was a Dr. so he must be right) was wrong on so many counts and millions bought into his theories (posted as fact).

    Y2K, which you didn't comment on, was another one. Some computer "experts" noted computers weren't set up for '00 years (how could they tell the difference between 1900 and 2000? OMG we're all gonna die). When the calendar rolled around…ta da…nothing happened.*

    Let's not forget the Mayan Long Count calendar. The calendar stopped at whatever date that was and people expected the worst. Some of us thought maybe they just ran out of room on the stone.

    Early 2000's (2005 0r 2006) thew US had so many hurricanes they ran out od letters and had to start re-using the As Bs Cs etc. Climatologists told us we had to get used to such activity as this would be the norm. Never came close to that again. So they were wrong there.

    Are we warming…absolutely.

    Anything we can do about it…I doubt it. It's a cycle. The US has done more than it's share of cleaning up its act. Trump pulled us out of the Paris agreement because a lot of the rest of the world is doing nothing. China. India, and the developing nations (love that description) are doing far more to create pollution than we ever did and seem to be doing nothing on their end to stop it. Whatever we do will be pointless until they do their share. Good luck with that.

    As far as the "entire academic community" goes…there are plenty who disagree. So who is right? No one can tell for sure. The faxt that the planet has cooled and warmed over the centuries would seem to make this cyclical.

    The one problem we can control…booming population…is never discussed. (And again, this is something the US has controlled on our end. Our population has pretty much slowed and leveled off). Most of the polluting countries have populations expanding at ridiculous rates. And nothing seems to be said. Birth control policies in African Nations, India, South America would go a long way towards solving some of their problems. But nothing is ever said. But don't worry about that. All the problems of the world fall on the US for wanting to put in a pipeline or fracking.

    It all started out as "global warming" and when it didn't actually warm up that much it morphed into "climate change." Nicely done, I'll have to admit. When you call it "climate change" you can easily tie it into the occasional overly cold or snowy winter. An unusual number of tornadoes. And now grasshoppers in Las Vegas. "See I told you so. Climate change."

    ………
    *I actually made a good deal of $$$ from Y2K by producing booklets, pamphlets, brochures, mailings etc. for a guy that made a ton of $$$$ selling this stuff to a nutty panicked public. He had it all figured out…energy grids, ATM failures, gas pumps shutting down, commerce coming to a standstill, water network failing etc. Also sold Y2K survival products. And January 1, 2000…nothing happened. No idea where he is now.

  3. #4008
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    28,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I've mentioned "The Population Bomb" a few times because it is the classic example of people overreacting to or giving way too much credence to "the experts." The author Paul Ehrlich (was a Dr. so he must be right) was wrong on so many counts and millions bought into his theories (posted as fact).

    Y2K, which you didn't comment on, was another one. Some computer "experts" noted computers weren't set up for '00 years (how could they tell the difference between 1900 and 2000? OMG we're all gonna die). When the calendar rolled around…ta da…nothing happened.*

    Let's not forget the Mayan Long Count calendar. The calendar stopped at whatever date that was and people expected the worst. Some of us thought maybe they just ran out of room on the stone.

    Early 2000's (2005 0r 2006) thew US had so many hurricanes they ran out od letters and had to start re-using the As Bs Cs etc. Climatologists told us we had to get used to such activity as this would be the norm. Never came close to that again. So they were wrong there.

    Are we warming…absolutely.

    Anything we can do about it…I doubt it. It's a cycle. The US has done more than it's share of cleaning up its act. Trump pulled us out of the Paris agreement because a lot of the rest of the world is doing nothing. China. India, and the developing nations (love that description) are doing far more to create pollution than we ever did and seem to be doing nothing on their end to stop it. Whatever we do will be pointless until they do their share. Good luck with that.

    As far as the "entire academic community" goes…there are plenty who disagree. So who is right? No one can tell for sure. The faxt that the planet has cooled and warmed over the centuries would seem to make this cyclical.

    The one problem we can control…booming population…is never discussed. (And again, this is something the US has controlled on our end. Our population has pretty much slowed and leveled off). Most of the polluting countries have populations expanding at ridiculous rates. And nothing seems to be said. Birth control policies in African Nations, India, South America would go a long way towards solving some of their problems. But nothing is ever said. But don't worry about that. All the problems of the world fall on the US for wanting to put in a pipeline or fracking.

    It all started out as "global warming" and when it didn't actually warm up that much it morphed into "climate change." Nicely done, I'll have to admit. When you call it "climate change" you can easily tie it into the occasional overly cold or snowy winter. An unusual number of tornadoes. And now grasshoppers in Las Vegas. "See I told you so. Climate change."

    ………
    *I actually made a good deal of $$$ from Y2K by producing booklets, pamphlets, brochures, mailings etc. for a guy that made a ton of $$$$ selling this stuff to a nutty panicked public. He had it all figured out…energy grids, ATM failures, gas pumps shutting down, commerce coming to a standstill, water network failing etc. Also sold Y2K survival products. And January 1, 2000…nothing happened. No idea where he is now.
    First Bolded: The only person I have ever seen overreact to that book is you because you won't shut up about it.

    Second and Third Bolded: People expected the worst. Scientists and Academia did not grab their hair screaming. I assure you there were zero or near zero actual scientists who seriously thought the world would end when the Mayan Calendar ran out.

    It seems you are confusing scientists and experts with lay people. Which is unsurprising considering how often you take the word of people who have no idea what they're talking about over actual experts.


    Fourth Bolded: Well if Sluggo the non-scientist says there's nothing we can do about it, that's a wrap folks! Clearly based on having read the book The Population Bomb once 25 years ago he's an expert in all things science...

    Fifth Bolded: We are the second biggest polluter on earth, so no, developed countries are not polluting more than we ever did. There is only one country that has ever out-polluted us.

    Sixth Bolded: If by plenty of people who disagree, you mean people like you who are not scientists and have no expertise in the subject whatsoever, absolutely. If by plenty who disagree who are actual scientists the answer is no. Let's put it in a way you can understand, the number of people who disagree in the scientific community is equivalent to the number of people who arrive at the US border and have legitimate asylum claims (and according to you, that is almost none).

    Seventh Bolded: Wait... you keep harping on how wrong the Population Bomb was and yet you are saying our biggest problem is overpopulation?! Seems like you actually agree with the Dr. who wrote the book lol

    Eighth Bolded: It actually warmed up more than we thought.


    To sum up this entire conversation: you are going to be one of the number of people who in 50 years textbooks will be asking "how could people be so naïve and not believe in Global Warming?". My only regret in this conversation is you will not be there to realize how wrong you were.
    Last edited by valade16; 07-30-2019 at 03:45 PM.

  4. #4009
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,243
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    First Bolded: The only person I have ever seen overreact to that book is you because you won't shut up about it.

    Second and Third Bolded: People expected the worst. Scientists and Academia did not grab their hair screaming. I assure you there were zero or near zero actual scientists who seriously thought the world would end when the Mayan Calendar ran out.

    It seems you are confusing scientists and experts with lay people. Which is unsurprising considering how often you take the word of people who have no idea what they're talking about over actual experts.


    Fourth Bolded: Well if Sluggo the non-scientist says there's nothing we can do about it, that's a wrap folks! Clearly based on having read the book The Population Bomb once 25 years ago he's an expert in all things science...

    Fifth Bolded: We are the second biggest polluter on earth, so no, developed countries are not polluting more than we ever did. There is only one country that has ever out-polluted us.

    Sixth Bolded: If by plenty of people who disagree, you mean people like you who are not scientists and have no expertise in the subject whatsoever, absolutely. If by plenty who disagree who are actual scientists the answer is no. Let's put it in a way you can understand, the number of people who disagree in the scientific community is equivalent to the number of people who arrive at the US border and have legitimate asylum claims (and according to you, that is almost none).

    Seventh Bolded: Wait... you keep harping on how wrong the Population Bomb was and yet you are saying our biggest problem is overpopulation?! Seems like you actually agree with the Dr. who wrote the book lol

    Eighth Bolded: It actually warmed up more than we thought.


    To sum up this entire conversation: you are going to be one of the number of people who in 50 years textbooks will be asking "how could people be so naïve and not believe in Global Warming?". My only regret in this conversation is you will not be there to realize how wrong you were.

    Well. I guess we're all just going to die then.

    Or maybe not.

  5. #4010
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    89,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Well. I guess we're all just going to die then.

    Or maybe not.
    If we're all going to die, then why does everyone safe for retirement or their children's college or the list goes on and on and on. Why should I care what happens to my assets and children after I croak? It wouldn't possibly be that maybe there are folks who care that their children or future generations might not be negatively adversed by the actions that they take today. Could it?
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  6. #4011
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    28,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Well. I guess we're all just going to die then.

    Or maybe not.
    This should be the argument pro-choice people use. "Who cares about aborting a fetus? we're all going to die anyway"

  7. #4012
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    40,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Well. I guess we're all just going to die then.

    Or maybe not.
    I with you. I don't think we all die the way people think of it. Its just a sickness. Not going to get into the "hard science" of it but that why I'm going to freeze myself
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  8. #4013
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    89,342
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This should be the argument pro-choice people use. "Who cares about aborting a fetus? we're all going to die anyway"
    Who cares about crossing the border illegally? We’re all going to die anyways.

  9. #4014
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    21,470
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Ok but one of the first thing the constitution says is all men are created equal. So this whole make America white again thing is about as anti American as it gets
    which is why MAGA is not about making America white again. this is your perception based on ignorance that you have been told.







    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Brewers and dbroncsinmo

    Is this how you feel when Special posts? Like “yeah I like where you’re coming from and....WHOAH WHOAH easy fella ya gotta put the cap back on the glue before....uhhh.....”(walking away whistling pretending not to see a thing)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    feel free to actually counter what I have said that you clearly want to disagree with.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

  10. #4015
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,962
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    which is why MAGA is not about making America white again. this is your perception based on ignorance that you have been told.
    Pretty sure the observable objective fact that Trump has been wrapped in and involved in racism for the outstanding majority of his relevant existence and that he thinks America needs a radical change isn't ignorance, but hey, you clearly only learned who Trump is once he started campaigning--oh wait, that was based on racism too lol.

    Guess you don't have an excuse.

  11. #4016
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    21,470
    Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    Pretty sure the observable objective fact that Trump has been wrapped in and involved in racism for the outstanding majority of his relevant existence and that he thinks America needs a radical change isn't ignorance, but hey, you clearly only learned who Trump is once he started campaigning--oh wait, that was based on racism too lol.

    Guess you don't have an excuse.
    I love you trollowski, you are hilarious. you believe whatever you are told by the left, like immigrants are being tortured.

    the issue of illegal immigration is not racist. I've showed numerous times that even Democrats used to be against illegal immigration. I've showed numerous times the same conditions in immigrant detention facilities when Obama was President. these are Obama's cages, but keep believing the left.

    I even replied to you something to back up what Trump said, and you had no reply.

    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

    it has to be hysterical and hypocritical for you to talk about ignorance and then post delusional ******** like this.

    there is delusional, and then there is trollowski. what is your purpose at PSD. it certainly isn't facts. you don't care about facts and what I have actually said, you just ******** about what you think I must have meant, all the way back to when I didn't actually say someone was asking to get shot.

    I already backed up where Trump got rapists from, about the illegal immigrants at the border. but here is this article from 2014 again just for trollowski.

    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...n_5806972.html
    80% Of Central American Women, Girls Are Raped Crossing Into The U.S.

    but where oh where could Trump have gotten the idea that there was rape at the southern border.

    it's obvious that there are people in America gullible enough to believe the narrative that Trump must be anti immigrant, rather than anti ILLEGAL immigrant.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

    a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •