Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Biden Administration Pushes Congress to Require Banks to Turn Account Info Over to IR

The Biden administration is pressuring lawmakers to enact a controverisal plan requiring banks to turn over to the Internal Revenue Service detailed information about inflows and outflows of almost all American bank accounts

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen and IRS Commissioner Charles Rettig sent letters to lawmakers this week asking Congress to include in tax hike legislation a requirement that banks report annual transaction data on accounts with $600 or more or that have $600 worth of transaction over the year, the Wall Street Journal reported.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/yellen-...ws-11631727020

If theyíre going to do this they better first go after lawmakers themselves rather than the middle class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unlikely to be passed because of privacy concerns but you missed an important part of the article

Still, he said, there was a possibility that Democrats could add the idea before the plan is ready for a vote by the full House, perhaps making it apply only to higher-income people.
    There should be more transparency in higher income dealings. Capitalism goes on with way too much deregulation and nonregulation. Its a clear problem. If its a way curtail crony capitalism, I'm good with it too but that's presumably one of the other reasons its not passed.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-18-2021 at 06:51 PM.

It doesn't take a whole lot of wealth to have $600 in your savings account.

Donít they have to report $10000 transactions already? And so many people make $9999 transactions due to it.
    Last edited by dbroncos78087; 09-19-2021 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Thanks to Dew Star for pointing out my typo

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Donít they have to report $1000 transactions already? And so many people make $999 transactions due to it.

Yankees Farm System

Donít they have to report $1000 transactions already? And so many people make $999 transactions due to it.
    $10,000. No one is making $999 deposits to avoid the mandatory reporting at $10k. Lol.

All this bill is trying to accomplish is getting EVERYONE'S financials in the hands of the feds.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post

Thanks to you for correcting me. Itís nice when we have civil discussions and can point out a mistake in a polite manner.

Thanks to you for correcting me. Itís nice when we have civil discussions and can point out a mistake in a polite manner.
    Shall we take this to the off top
    thread? Lulz.. He told you the number. There was no civil discussion. Civility and politeness is the least of your concerns. Happy to see you read my post though.
    Last edited by dbroncsinmo; 09-19-2021 at 01:39 AM.

I wonder what the point of being so bizarrely petulant is.

"`Can you explain this gap in your resume?`

`Well, the vaccinated hosts on the news channel I like convinced me to resign to protest my work's vaccine mandate and take a few years off to help extend the pandemicĒ" - @LOLGOP

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Shall we take this to the off top
    thread? Lulz.. He told you the number. There was no civil discussion. Civility and politeness is the least of your concerns. Happy to see you read my post though.
    I donít believe heíll see this unless someone quotes you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    I donít believe heíll see this unless someone quotes you.

See what?

12. 09-19-2021, 02:37 AM
    Reason
    Baiting

13. 09-19-2021, 06:24 AM
    Reason
    Baiting

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Unlikely to be passed because of privacy concerns but you missed an important part of the article

There should be more transparency in higher income dealings. Capitalism goes on with way too much deregulation and nonregulation. Its a clear problem. If its a way curtail crony capitalism, I'm good with it too but that's presumably one of the other reasons its not passed.
    It is all about higher income dealings, didn't you read the part where they only want info on accounts worth over $600 that do $600 in yearly transactions? Who the **** do you think that's going to target?
    Obviously the rich.

All this kind of stuff will do is push more people towards crypto.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    All this kind of stuff will do is push more people towards crypto.
    Long BTC. Wish I woulda got that at 10k

Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I wonder what the point of being so bizarrely petulant is.
    I ask myself that same question rather often around here. The tone deafness is quite deafening in the place.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast