Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 417 of 470 FirstFirst ... 317367407415416417418419427467 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,255 of 7044
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    What?
    Hunt’s Point is a section of the Bronx in NYC, and the produce workers there were on strike. Ocasio-Cortez joined them in their effort to raise their hourly starting wage from $20 to $21.

Apparently the union and management have reached an agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    pol·y·syl·lab·ic | ˌpälēsəˈlabik |
    adjective
    (of a word) having more than one syllable.
    • using or characterized by words of many syllables: polysyllabic jargon.

This is what the nuns taught me.

And they weren't even professors.

I guess some dictionaries would recognize "multisyllabic." It might be one of those words that has "evolved."
    Like Merriam-Webster

Definition of multisyllabic
    : having more than one and usually more than three syllables :
    a multisyllabic word

First Known Use of multisyllabic
    1847, in the meaning defined above

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dict.../multisyllabic

The problem with you, and many people here, is that everything is racism. It's constant. And now with "systemic" racism and the ever popular "critical race theory" you can find racism in everything you see and do. My steak is bigger than yours in a restaurant……racism, service is a little slow…racism, line a little too long…racism, she smiles at me but not at you…racist, my interest rate is lower than yours…racism, don't do as well in school as other kids…racism.
    Another racist diatribe by sluggo.

Color me shocked.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Time to retire.
    Agreed [emoji846]

Get the **** out of here [emoji854]

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Lofl

You made a slew of accusations against me that I asked you to back up and you didn't (because you couldn't).

I then proved you were wrong by citing and clarifying statements made by me in past posts that you could have looked up (but didn't).

Then you make you pathetic little speech about racism as if that supports what you said about me. Of course, on this website, your views are strengthened in your mind by all the parrots and sheep out there that also have the same thought process.

The problem with you, and many people here, is that everything is racism. It's constant. And now with "systemic" racism and the ever popular "critical race theory" you can find racism in everything you see and do. My steak is bigger than yours in a restaurant……racism, service is a little slow…racism, line a little too long…racism, she smiles at me but not at you…racist, my interest rate is lower than yours…racism, don't do as well in school as other kids…racism.

To people like you, it is everywhere. It never goes away. It never will go away…you won't let it. Racism is the easiest, ultimate and perpetual excuse for every failure, annoyance, inconvenience etc. Just oh so easy to use. The deck with an unlimited number of race cards,

Time to retire.
    All you did was strangely provide examples of my claims for me, it was a really weird move but I’m glad you decided to prove how racist and bigoted you are to all of us lol

It’s not the race card when dealing with a blatant racist, which is what you very proudly are.

How old do you have to be to run for President and will AOC be eligible in 2024?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    How old do you have to be to run for President and will AOC be eligible in 2024?
    35 is the minimum age for president and yes she is eligible to run in 2024. She won't win though.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    35 is the minimum age for president and yes she is eligible to run in 2024. She won't win though.
    Didn't you guys just have a record voter turnout though? That should help her out. I can't imagine Biden will be too well received after 4 years.

Didn't you guys just have a record voter turnout though? That should help her out. I can't imagine Biden will be too well received after 4 years.
    I don't know what the Democrats will do in 4 years. Seems like the obvious candidate will be Kamala Harris. She has a better chance than AOC right now.

Bernie did well. He got 43% of the overall primary vote and they both identify as progressives. That said, AOC is more progressive than Bernie, she's a woman, and she is highly controversial among many voters. Could I see her winning the Democratic nomination? Maybe in 2028 but not in 2024. Being president? How left she is hurts her among moderate Democrats and almost all Republican voters.

Sluggo in 1950 “I don’t know why they’re complaining, it’s separate but equal. How can it be racist if it’s equal?

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I don't know what the Democrats will do in 4 years. Seems like the obvious candidate will be Kamala Harris. She has a better chance than AOC right now.

Bernie did well. He got 43% of the overall primary vote and they both identify as progressives. That said, AOC is more progressive than Bernie, she's a woman, and she is highly controversial among many voters. Could I see her winning the Democratic nomination? Maybe in 2028 but not in 2024. Being president? How left she is hurts her among moderate Democrats and almost all Republican voters.
    It'll only take a little while for Kamala to show her true colours. Not saying they're similar in any way but Trump proved you can only fool Americans for so long. I doubt Kamala keeps up her "progressive" character for 4 years. I hope she does but I'm not counting on it.

You guys had a steady increase in youth voters this past election. Roughly a 10% increase from 2016. Biden and Harris won't really have much of an appeal to democratic voters as AOC will come 2024.

It'll only take a little while for Kamala to show her true colours. Not saying they're similar in any way but Trump proved you can only fool Americans for so long. I doubt Kamala keeps up her "progressive" character for 4 years. I hope she does but I'm not counting on it.

You guys had a steady increase in youth voters this past election. Roughly a 10% increase from 2016. Biden and Harris won't really have much of an appeal to democratic voters as AOC will come 2024.
    That increase isn't always linear though. This was a highly controversial election that called for a lot more turnout than usual. I don't know if we see that again in 2024. I think Kamala has a better chance in 2024 than you are giving her credit for. Certainly better than AOC's imo.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Sluggo in 1950 “I don’t know why they’re complaining, it’s separate but equal. How can it be racist if it’s equal?
    Yup. It's a totally different perspective.

It doesnt automatically make him a bad person, but unfortunately a bad trait has been very normalized to him.

Times change, people change, that's life.

Although I do think he said he actively opposed segregation back then. Try n figure that one out, lol.

*Maybe to him, growing up in a world with a segregated 2nd class citizen, ending that segregation is the extent of what he saw wrong, and so it is the extent if what he believes needs to happen. After all, these overt manners in which systemic racism is exerted are new, they changed with the times. Maybe he felt he saw the issue addressed, so what more needs to be done?

We all think the way we do for a reason...its interesting to learn those reasons. Especially when looking in the mirror.

Last edited by nastynice; 01-23-2021 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yup. It's a totally different perspective.

It doesnt automatically make him a bad person, but unfortunately a bad trait has been very normalized to him.

Times change, people change, that's life.

Although I do think he said he actively opposed segregation back then. Try n figure that one out, lol.
    If you asked every person alive who was there for that time period, how many would admit they were on the pro-segregation side? Yet it was half the country (whether those people admit it today or not)