Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 322 of 349 FirstFirst ... 222272312320321322323324332 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 5230
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    …which makes her even more harmful to our country.

[
    lol, I like how dumb *** Donald refuses to acknowledge reality, convinces his dumb *** followers to take the same dumb *** approach, and now 130 THOUSAND dead Americans later you're afraid of AOC being harmful to our country??

lol, you can't make this **** up..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

What make you think she is competent????
    I compare her to the president.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    FYI the guy has had a habit of supporting whomever the sitting president is....there was no boycott when he supported obama

a boycott of a company effects all ppl working for that company and this one is based on what one person from that company said......

we're gonna politicize how we eat now? do you realize how mind numbing that could get? oh sorry Kids, we can't eat that anymore because their CEO said this...oh, now we can because that CEO retired
    You act like this is some new phenomenon? Remember when conservatives were boycotting the NFL because of Kaepernick kneeling?

How is this any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    I compare her to the president.
    Don't get the connection.

Not unusual with your posts.

To be specific…what has she done for her constituents?????

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    You act like this is some new phenomenon? Remember when conservatives were boycotting the NFL because of Kaepernick kneeling?

How is this any different?
    I don't believe I suggested it was new, I simply said there was no Goya boycott when he supported Obama. I don't, however, view some people saying they weren't watching football on TV (no direct money removed) as the same thing as not purchasing from a company filled with immigrants as punishment of one person at the top saying he supports Trump. The impact isn't what they think it would be, just like it wasn't for anyone boycotting the NFL.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I don't believe I suggested it was new, I simply said there was no Goya boycott when he supported Obama. I don't, however, view some people saying they weren't watching football on TV (no direct money removed) as the same thing as not purchasing from a company filled with immigrants as punishment of one person at the top saying he supports Trump. The impact isn't what they think it would be, just like it wasn't for anyone boycotting the NFL.
    See, now you're trying to differentiate between the boycott of the NFL and the boycott of Goya. They were the same. They stopped watching, stopped buying tickets to games, stopped purchasing jerseys, apparel, etc. They were directly removing money from the NFL and franchises in the same way people are directly removing money from Goya now.

As for your "nobody was boycotting Goya when he supported Obama". Sure, because it's not that he espoused support for someone, it's who he espoused support for.

To be specific…what has she done for her constituents?????
    I am not one of her constituents, and what she has done for them is their concern. All I can say is that they seemed happy enought to renominate her, so I can only assume that at least some of them are satisfied with what she has done. The results in November will make it clearer.

But since it is so important to you, why don’t you get in touch with some of them. And please, do let us know what they think. I can’t wait for your report.

As for her role as a member of the House of Representatives, who are charged with national interests that go well beyond simply those of their constituants, she has done a competent job. She has brought transparancy to some of the proceedings in Washington, she is, by all accounts, well prepared for her interactions on the hill, and she advocates for many progressive programs (that I like and you don’t).

Sluggo really seems to know a lot about poc women politicians but completely blacks out when it comes to identifying their easily found out actual policies (which get them elected and supported).

It’s almost like his disdain for them isn’t about politics.

Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    Sluggo really seems to know a lot about poc women politicians but completely blacks out when it comes to identifying their easily found out actual policies (which get them elected and supported).

Of course, that's pretty evident when he whines about all the free stuff she wants to give away while trying to belittle her because she took work as a bartender.

He barely can stab regular white women in politics, women of color? Ooof

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Lmao really? Boycotts are beyond stupid. Oh no the president praised Trump! Stop buying their products now!!

Bunch of damn childs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m with you bro!

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    See, now you're trying to differentiate between the boycott of the NFL and the boycott of Goya. They were the same. They stopped watching, stopped buying tickets to games, stopped purchasing jerseys, apparel, etc. They were directly removing money from the NFL and franchises in the same way people are directly removing money from Goya now.

As for your "nobody was boycotting Goya when he supported Obama". Sure, because it's not that he espoused support for someone, it's who he espoused support for.
    Fine, you don't agree with my analogy. And of course it's not THAT he supported Obama, too, and there was no backlash...that, actually, was part of my point- there were people who disliked Barack, too..just not the same ones that dislike Donnie.

The main silliness of the boycott, however, is that the financial impact of this boycott would likely negatively effect thousands of immigrants that work at Goya far more than the CEO who showed the support for Trump.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

it's disturbing that certain people including AOC were triggered that Goya CEO praised Trump. that's it. he gave his opinion, causing people with intolerance to be triggered and unhinged.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...boycott-trump/

“We’re all truly blessed at the same time to have a leader like President Trump who is a builder, and that’s what my grandfather did,” the executive said. “He came to this country to build, to grow, to prosper. And so we have an incredible builder, and we pray for our leadership, our president, and we pray for our country that we will continue to prosper and to grow.”

this shows the ignorance..

Here is the problem with your thought process. (In a nutshell. Who has time to go into this in detail.)

You immediately take my criticism of this idiot as an attack on a person of color when it is criticism of an incompetent congressional. Same with Omar.

Somewhere you must have missed years of criticism concerning Hilly (3 1/2 years now and counting.)

I've also been critical if Schiff, Kerry, Clinton, Trump, JoeB, Sanders, DeBlasio, Cuomo and some others.

I've also been complementary at times to BO and have clearly said that Michelle was the best first lady we've had since Jackie Kennedy and that I feared her running against Trump.

I've been complimentary to the Atlanta Mayor and the Seattle Chief of Police…two women of color (WOC's???) that seem sincere, bright, would like to do a good job, and are extremely frustrated (how JoeB could not consider the Mayor of Atlanta for VP is beyond me. She would be terrific.)

But you don't see any of that … because you are incapable of seeing anything but color. All you see is color.

Fortunately I am not like you. For me it is who you are and what you show me as opposed to simply "what you are."

Unfortunately, people like you never change.
    Last edited by Sluggo1; 07-16-2020 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Of course, that's pretty evident when he whines about all the free stuff she wants to give away while trying to belittle her because she took work as a bartender.
    Why would this NOT bother you????